Micah Dickson

View Micah Dickson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Are Niche Restaurant Stocks Bulletproof or Ticking Time Bombs? [View article]
    Hey thanks for the article. It was really interesting. I wrote about Chipotle(CMG) on my instablog. I think places like Chipotle and Panera(PNRA) are doing more than just providing a niche product they are providing an experience. I do agree the cost issues could hurt them in the short run but I believe they have amazing customer loyalty and that is so important. It's part of the reason companies like Apple(AAPL) have done well even in this horrible economy. Consumers are willing to spend a little bit more for good fast food at a place that aims to please at all times. Thanks again for the great article and it definitely is something to think about and consider.
    Oct 30 05:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coinstar: Who Knew? [View article]
    I could've told you Coinstar(CSTR) was a profitable company. There have been many a night me and my fellow college students needed some "spending" money and would go right to the local Kroger and cash in some change. Haha
    Oct 30 05:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple’s Enormous Pile of Cash: Following 'Rosenman’s Law'? [View article]
    Hey great article. Apple(AAPL) deserves another OMG article in my opinion. They are a great company. And when I'm looking for an investment, a stock with a lot of cash always gets my attention.
    Oct 30 05:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wow -- Natural Gas Has Two Up Days [View article]
    Natural Gas is something I'm really really cheering for. If we ever got serious about energy and included natural gas in a diversified national energy portfolio we'd create so many jobs. I really wish our leaders would get serious about this so we can help our fellow Americans bring home a paycheck every week.
    Oct 30 05:36 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wyndham Earnings Preview [View article]
    Thanks for analysis. Wyndham(WYN) is definitely impressive! Took a vacation at one of their resorts this summer and they were awesome. Great service and great place to stay.
    Oct 26 12:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monetary Easing Will Keep Gold Demand High [View article]
    Hey thanks for article even though it seems biased ;). I can't say I don't agree. I've been preaching this to everyone I know: BUY GOLD. I'm convinced our leaders here in this country want inflation. If they do, then it is wrong! It is in my opinion on par with theft. Some people have saved their whole lives and to then reduce the value of that money on purpose is unethical.
    Anyway, since we don't have anyone in Washington looking out for us we need to look out for ourselves and our family. And gold, I believe, is ONE of many ways to do that.
    Oct 26 12:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End of Oil's Golden Age [View article]
    Hey thanks for the article and the hard work you put in. I do not buy into the theory that oil is a finite resource. Politicians have made it harder and harder and harder to drill in the U.S. If we made it easier to discover and drill for oil we would find out how much we really have. I personally think we should try and use every natural resource we have for energy. (*cough*natural gas *cough* nuclear*cough* wind*cough* solar*cough* oil*cough*coal*) We are the only nation in the history of the world that limits what it can and can't use. Think about the jobs if we got serious about energy in this country. Natural gas alone would create wealth beyond belief here in the U.S. And if we were serious about energy I'm confident we would find oil in a lot of places. Once again thanks for article man. Obviously caused some great discussion.
    Oct 26 12:04 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Store Draw More Foot Traffic Than Disney [View instapost]
    I think their stores are an amazing idea. It really is the best type of marketing. I know when the iPad came out I was really skeptical. Then I walked into an Apple store and played with one and I was hooked.
    Oct 25 11:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Next Web Operating System [View instapost]
    You pose a great question. And I really don't think anything is ready to replace Windows. I think whatever the winner is they will have to able to be compatible with all the mobile operating systems. I'm just waiting for the OS on laptops and desktops that is completely customizable with apps. I think that is the next step. Whoever does that, may answer this question.
    Oct 25 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Home Sales Surge, But Don’t Get Too Excited [View article]
    Hey great article! In my opinion, the housing market won't come back until there are jobs. I know here in Ohio all the houses that were built before 2007 are still for sale. It's pretty sad.
    Oct 25 04:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Android Google's Next Gold Mine? [View article]
    First off thanks for the good article. I enjoyed reading the information you provided. In my humble opinion I believe Android has great potential. But if Google doesn't try and make the Android more user friendly and profitable outside of search advertisements they will be throwing away huge amounts of money. And with Apple beginning to open up the iPhone to other carriers, Google is running out of time. That's just my opinion. Has anyone heard anything more about Android tablets? That could bring a lot of advertising revenue for Google
    Oct 11 01:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Humor for the Coming Week [View instapost]
    I love the 2nd one. So funny. I love how things like, don't spend money you don't have is being called insane.
    Oct 11 01:00 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Southwest Airlines: A Great Company in a Crummy Industry [View article]
    Awesome analysis. I love Southwest. I wish they flew out of Cincinnati haha. But they have been innovative in how they do business which is why they are doing so well.
    Oct 11 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing Apps - be a part of it! [View instapost]
    This is awesome. Thanks. I am always looking for new and better apps for tracking my investments and trades.
    Oct 11 12:33 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google TV: Can Google Prosper Where Apple Failed? [View article]
    I like all the comments and I do have to agree that "long google" disclosure may skew the viewpoint but shouldn't we all be willing to talk about what makes our positions work? Just a thought.

Anyway I think the coming years are going to bring us a situation where getting on the internet to change our facebook status real quick or check for a certain email while we watch TV. I agree we won't be using it to surf the web but I do think we'll use it for quick things such as directions or like i mentioned before checking facebook.
    Sep 21 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment