Micah Dickson

View Micah Dickson's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • The Present and the Future: RIM and the Case for 'Platform Collapse' [View article]
    Blackberry(RIMM) is in some serious trouble. My call is that it will be bought in the next 2-3 years.(I know it's kinda gutsy to make a prediction like that) iPhone(AAPL) and Android(GOOG) are running and Blackberry is walking. If they don't start innovating they will go the way of Palm just like jmmx said.
    Dec 13 11:02 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End of Oil's Golden Age [View article]
    Hey thanks for the article and the hard work you put in. I do not buy into the theory that oil is a finite resource. Politicians have made it harder and harder and harder to drill in the U.S. If we made it easier to discover and drill for oil we would find out how much we really have. I personally think we should try and use every natural resource we have for energy. (*cough*natural gas *cough* nuclear*cough* wind*cough* solar*cough* oil*cough*coal*) We are the only nation in the history of the world that limits what it can and can't use. Think about the jobs if we got serious about energy in this country. Natural gas alone would create wealth beyond belief here in the U.S. And if we were serious about energy I'm confident we would find oil in a lot of places. Once again thanks for article man. Obviously caused some great discussion.
    Oct 26 12:04 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wow -- Natural Gas Has Two Up Days [View article]
    Natural Gas is something I'm really really cheering for. If we ever got serious about energy and included natural gas in a diversified national energy portfolio we'd create so many jobs. I really wish our leaders would get serious about this so we can help our fellow Americans bring home a paycheck every week.
    Oct 30 05:36 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing Apps - be a part of it! [View instapost]
    This is awesome. Thanks. I am always looking for new and better apps for tracking my investments and trades.
    Oct 11 12:33 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Humor for the Coming Week [View instapost]
    I love the 2nd one. So funny. I love how things like, don't spend money you don't have is being called insane.
    Oct 11 01:00 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hussman: QE Is Funding the U.S. Deficit [View article]
    Hey great article. I must however disagree, we cannot ignore the fundamental principle of supply and demand. Yes, the government can print all the money it wants but when there is excess supply in the currency market than the value is going to decrease causing inflation. I personally am very fearful of inflation and we are already seeing it in our grocery bills. The only reason the stats don't bear this out is because the equation to calculate inflation is changed all the time. QE will not have the intended affect it was supposed to have. With so much uncertainty in the economy, investors will not put their money out into the U.S. economy. All it will do is drive capital AWAY from U.S. markets and into places where regulation is more certain and they can get a return on investment.
    Feb 28 04:53 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Gold Standard Is No Silver Bullet [View article]
    Hey thanks for the article and the comments. I'm personally a Friedman fan. I'm not completely sold on the gold standard but I am convinced the Fed and government officials should not be given the power to make decisions on their own.

I think we need to get some honest, neutral brokers who know and respect history to put their minds together and find a happy medium. If our founders could put their heads together and come up with a world changing document that's principles still stand the test of time then certainly we can fix this monetary dilemma. We just need to not come with our biases and look at what really works.
    Nov 15 12:53 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Energy Rally: More Than Just Crude Oil [View article]
    Hey thanks. I really enjoyed the article. I believe part of the move in crude has to do with inflation fears here in the U.S.
    Nov 15 12:43 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monetary Easing Will Keep Gold Demand High [View article]
    Hey thanks for article even though it seems biased ;). I can't say I don't agree. I've been preaching this to everyone I know: BUY GOLD. I'm convinced our leaders here in this country want inflation. If they do, then it is wrong! It is in my opinion on par with theft. Some people have saved their whole lives and to then reduce the value of that money on purpose is unethical.
    Anyway, since we don't have anyone in Washington looking out for us we need to look out for ourselves and our family. And gold, I believe, is ONE of many ways to do that.
    Oct 26 12:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Breaking Down The President's Proposal [View article]
    Great article. Our problem is spending. We need competitive tax and regulatory reform and spending cuts. Zero based budgeting would be a huge step in the right direction.
    Dec 19 10:30 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Internet TV War and Its Potential Casualties [View article]
    Could it be that the slow down in revenue is due to the consumer tightening their belt? If I'm unemployed and treading water, streaming movies is the least of my concerns. So I would either switch to a cheaper plan or get rid of it.

Also Netflix(NFLX) is going to lose customers to Apple(AAPL) and Cisco(CSCO) as people who can afford to upgrade will want a more sophisticated form of getting streaming movies and tv shows. Just some thoughts.
    Jan 7 01:12 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Breaking Down The President's Proposal [View article]
    Zero Based budgeting would be a huge help. Every year, every agency has to explain why they should keep their current budget and why they waste any money. If they are not effective, they get their annual budget reduced. It will expose all the waste, fraud, and abuse to sunlight and make it a lot easier for the average citizen to understand budget talks.
    Dec 19 03:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are We Getting Ready for Dot Com Crash 2.0? [View article]
    I do not think we are in a dot com bubble. I believe we are actually at the beginning of a mobile internet boom and Wall Street is trying to figure out the most profitable way to play it.
    Jan 27 12:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple (AAPL) apps are being downloaded 2 to 3 times what's normal, indicating lots of iPhones and iPods moved this holiday season, notes TechCrunch. The Facebook for iPhone app alone added 1.6M users in the 3 days around Christmas. Apple closed at +0.3%.  [View news story]
    I believe it. My little sister got an iPod touch and was downloading apps that day
    Dec 27 04:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dividend Aristocrat Pepsico Is a Better Investment Than a Money Market Account [View article]
    Wow awesome analysis. I'm currently looking at dividends for security and "passive" income. Definitely will be considering this in my decision.
    Nov 29 08:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment