Micah Dickson

View Micah Dickson's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Lululemon Vs. Under Armour: Which One Is On Sale? [View article]
    Haha I don't plan on it. But reading the conference call it looks like they are trying to develop products specifically to appeal to men. Under Armour is just really having trouble with its footwear and Nike looks determined to crush them. Lululemon doesn't have that type of competition yet
    Dec 18 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon Vs. Under Armour: Which One Is On Sale? [View article]
    Lululemon has great margins, growth, and room for more growth. Under Armour has some trouble with margins and growth in their footwear. Lululemon is great until it stumbles. It's a growth stock so my point is ride the train until it shows signs of weakness. Under Armour is still a great growth company but it's not growing as fast as Lululemon.

For PEG I use forward earnings, so until they disappoint, I think they are a good buy. More risk? Sure. More return? Yep.
    Dec 17 09:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Headlines To Look For In 2013 [View article]
    Hey you too Seth. I really appreciate your comments and taking the time to read my article.
    Dec 17 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Headlines To Look For In 2013 [View article]
    The suite was actually settled. And while GAP is opening new stores, LULU makes their store openings an event. While there may be a ceiling, I don't think LULU will hit it in 2013. I see those type of ceilings being a factor of 2 things, brand loyalty and margins. If customers start seeing Athletica as a real alternative and LULU starts to lose its faithful, there's a problem. And if margins begin to weaken due to trying to keep prices competitive, there's a problem. I do not see evidence of that yet, but it is something to keep an eye on.
    Dec 17 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Headlines To Look For In 2013 [View article]
    Well I look at the suite Lululemon won over Calvin Klein. This shows that Lululemon will protect the uniqueness of their products. I think Lululemon is just too popular for any real challenger to get to them in the coming year or two.
    Dec 17 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How eBay's PayPal Is The Next Big Gift For Investors [View article]
    That's what I thought you meant. I would actually disagree that it will keep Dodd-Frank at bay. This administration is quite unpredictable when it comes to regulation except that they want more. But you may very well be right.
    Dec 2 07:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How eBay's PayPal Is The Next Big Gift For Investors [View article]
    Are you saying this would keep the regulations in Dodd-Frank at bay? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from?
    Dec 2 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How eBay's PayPal Is The Next Big Gift For Investors [View article]
    Hey thanks for reading and commenting. There is a lot of truth in what you said but I'm looking at it from the perspective of the growth in consumers using their smartphones to make purchases. If PayPal is innovative and takes advantage of its unique position, it could very well dominate the space. Like I wrote in the article, eBay has to see the synergies it's expecting to take over the mobile payments space.
    Dec 2 06:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How eBay's PayPal Is The Next Big Gift For Investors [View article]
    While I agree that a large competitor such as Visa could step in, it appears to me that large financial institutions are trying to wade through new regulations and seeing how they fit into their business model. This delay can help PayPal gain serious footing in mobile payments.

And online shopping is becoming even more popular along with small start ups that function completely online. PayPal is so easy to use for merchants that it could become the default choice for small companies who do not want to deal with big boys. As these companies grow, PayPal becomes a serious part of their ecosystem. Still, if PayPal can't innovate for these customers, they are dead in the water.
    Dec 2 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Outperform the Smart Phone Index [View article]
    Hey great article. And you're right, if you want to make money in this trend you have to look at infrastructure as well. I wrote about this in my instablog as well. The consumer side is profitable but there is just way too much upside in the companies that are behind the scenes.
    Feb 28 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Competitive Landscape Changes for Baidu [View article]
    Awesome article. Thanks for the info. And I agree, Baidu(BIDU) has no need to pay a dividend
    Jan 20 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Five Ways the Verizon iPhone Will Change the Mobile Landscape [View article]
    Yeah I couldn't agree more. All cell phone carriers are going to have drastically increase capacity. Companies that make antennas for cell phone towers and those that help in the back end of creating more bandwidth are going to be the real winners. Especially as smart-phones become a commodity(thanks to Google(GOOG)), more people adopt the iPhone and iPad(AAPL), and more tablets come out. That is the real story here.
    Jan 10 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 for 1 Special: Wal-Mart and Best Buy [View article]
    Great analysis. Thanks for fighting through those crowds this season to bring us that information haha.Walmart(WMT) and Best Buy(BBY) are both being hit hard by a rough economy and retailers trying to have more competitive prices and promotions. These two are no longer the go to place for consumers as the average consumer tries to save as much as possible shopping around. Another thing that hurts is that people are not feeling as confident and arent splurging on those big ticket items like TVs.
    Dec 15 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter's U.S. Growth Is Stalling [View article]
    Great article. Twitter is a cool concept that no one really knows what to do with. There's no real way to make money directly from it. That is going to be a huge hurdle to its growth.
    Dec 15 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • December's Lean Days? [View article]
    Great article. Does anyone else think that uncertainty on taxes will hurt the market? I don't know if there will be a huge sell off but I think we will see some affect.
    Dec 6 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment