Michael A. Gayed, CFA

View Michael A. Gayed, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Overreactions Galore [View article]
    "Everyone knows bonds are dead" - sounds like a good reason to be contrarian.
    Jun 23 08:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreactions Galore [View article]
    Not all bonds are created equal.
    Jun 23 08:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreactions Galore [View article]
    Appreciate the comment.
    Jun 23 08:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreactions Galore [View article]
    Not sure what you're implying.
    Jun 23 06:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreactions Galore [View article]
    To be clear - I talk from the standpoint of a trader that believe in buy and rotate as opposed to buy and hold.
    Jun 23 05:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreactions Galore [View article]
    Fair enough, but with respect deflation expectations have turned out to be true. There are many structural reasons for it to exist, and headwinds remain significant.
    Jun 23 05:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Overreactions Galore [View article]
    Don't know you, but clearly you have a misunderstanding of me, and the portfolios I manage, with results publicly available. Your statement is incorrect - time wise the bulk of the yield increase occurred 24 hours following the Fed's announcement. Thanks.
    Jun 23 05:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Visibility And The Clearer Trade [View article]
    All spot on - the question is if stocks will react favorably, or begin to question Fed efficacy aggressively at this point and sell-off. We'll find out soon enough.
    Jun 16 06:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ATAC Week In Review - May 19, 2013: Dollar Dilemma And Anomalies [View article]
    Never said we were in GMM - said we were in emerging market ETFs. To learn more about our weekly backtested strategies, please visit pensionpartners.com.
    May 20 06:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Perspective And The Cyclical Rotation [View article]
    With respect - your statement on no empirical evidence is false. One can view our performance at any time with a simple search. I also recommend checking on my writings going back to the Summer Crash of 2011. Thanks.
    May 6 09:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Not Just Gold: Small-Caps Reminiscent Of Summer Crash Of 2011 [View article]
    Different dynamic: http://bit.ly/ZvGJUu - back then there was an unusually high correlation in August based on absolute price to Treasuries.
    Apr 16 06:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Not Just Gold: Small-Caps Reminiscent Of Summer Crash Of 2011 [View article]
    Speed of the decline indicates some kind of liquidity event - you have to consider not just the trend but the way the trend unfolds.
    Apr 16 04:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Not Just Gold: Small-Caps Reminiscent Of Summer Crash Of 2011 [View article]
    And I clarified that by defining "well" as outperforms equities. The collapse over the last three trading days clearly takes us out of historical behavior.
    Apr 16 04:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Something's Gotta Give [View article]
    Not quite - now the disconnects are at an extreme. They were only just getting started at the end of January.
    Apr 14 07:35 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Great Week For Deflation [View article]
    Where did I use the word crash? Where did I say the "market is wrong" and that I am right?

I would recommend re-reading my writings, and getting a copy of Intermarket Analysis and Investin when I release it. Thanks.
    Apr 12 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment