Michael A. Gayed

View Michael A. Gayed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • ATAC Week In Review - May 19, 2013: Dollar Dilemma And Anomalies [View article]
    Never said we were in GMM - said we were in emerging market ETFs. To learn more about our weekly backtested strategies, please visit pensionpartners.com.
    May 20 06:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Perspective And The Cyclical Rotation [View article]
    With respect - your statement on no empirical evidence is false. One can view our performance at any time with a simple search. I also recommend checking on my writings going back to the Summer Crash of 2011. Thanks.
    May 6 09:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Not Just Gold: Small-Caps Reminiscent Of Summer Crash Of 2011 [View article]
    Different dynamic: http://bit.ly/ZvGJUu - back then there was an unusually high correlation in August based on absolute price to Treasuries.
    Apr 16 06:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Not Just Gold: Small-Caps Reminiscent Of Summer Crash Of 2011 [View article]
    Speed of the decline indicates some kind of liquidity event - you have to consider not just the trend but the way the trend unfolds.
    Apr 16 04:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Not Just Gold: Small-Caps Reminiscent Of Summer Crash Of 2011 [View article]
    And I clarified that by defining "well" as outperforms equities. The collapse over the last three trading days clearly takes us out of historical behavior.
    Apr 16 04:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Something's Gotta Give [View article]
    Not quite - now the disconnects are at an extreme. They were only just getting started at the end of January.
    Apr 14 07:35 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Great Week For Deflation [View article]
    Where did I use the word crash? Where did I say the "market is wrong" and that I am right?

I would recommend re-reading my writings, and getting a copy of Intermarket Analysis and Investin when I release it. Thanks.
    Apr 12 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Great Week For Deflation [View article]
    The correlation has primarily been on the Yen with Treasuries as risk-off/deflation trades. Given that Abenomics has removed the Yen from the opportunity set of risk-off trades, money at the margin likely flows even more into Treasuries.
    Apr 7 07:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Broker-Dealers Echo May 2012 Correction Now [View article]
    "A bit early" - might want to check our results last few weeks.
    Apr 5 09:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Broker-Dealers Echo May 2012 Correction Now [View article]
    If market is anticipating a pick up in financial transactions, M&A, trading, etc., its presumably due to a better economic environment, causing Broker-Dealers to lead markets.
    Apr 4 09:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold's Moment To Shine Coming? [View article]
    Outperformance = up more or down less, as I stated in the writing.
    Mar 27 09:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold's Moment To Shine Coming? [View article]
    Yep - as did I: http://bloom.bg/nOIl5Q
    Mar 27 09:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold's Moment To Shine Coming? [View article]
    My assertion is based on fact - Gold behaviorally has outperformed stocks during deflationary scares. From an asset class rotation standpoint, that's what I define as "doing well."
    Mar 27 09:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Italy Echoing The April-May 2012 Correction? [View article]
    Ummm - you might want to Google my name, and start with the Summer Crash of 2011.
    Mar 27 07:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment