Michael Allison

View Michael Allison's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Natcore Solar Update - Interview With President And CEO Chuck Provini And Director Of Research & Development David Levy [View article]
    @dougj34,
    Doug,
    Just to add a little to your comments about Chuck Provinin replying to you; I did leave his email here for two reason: First, I simply do not have the time to email him every time someone on this thread asks me to do so. And second, I am quite confident that if any of the follower in the comments section here email Chuck personally, he will respond and as you have said, he always has responded to my emails within 24 to 48 hours.

Thanks for your input Doug and have a great week!
    Jul 2, 2015. 01:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profit From The Pharma Craze: Sell Gilead, Buy Taro [View article]
    With all due respect to you Ian, as you are certainly entitled to your opinion, I personally think you have a very narrow view of Gilead, its management and what the real prospects for this company are going forward. For anyone who is willing, it would be good to go back an re-read the interview with Gilead from the Goldman Sachs Healthcare Conference. http://seekingalpha.co...

I may have to eat these words, but I think this article is going to be proven very wrong with regards to Gilead.
    Jun 24, 2015. 04:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Dividend Analysis Shows Overvaluation [View article]
    This article is ridiculous, in my opinion. I wouldn't use this method to value any stock. CISCO's current fair value is in the mid $30's.
    Jun 23, 2015. 05:37 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    PICOLOMINI,

I can't recall if you're invested in Natcore or not. In any case, please note that the reason I don't answer every question that comes up on this board regarding other companies and their technology is three fold:

1. I have a job. I'm not retired nor do I work full-time as a writer/investor. My job requires traveling, at times very long distances, and I simply cannot answer every single comment/question on this board.

2. I do not follow any other companies in the solar space. I know absolutely zero about First Solar and therefore have no knowledge to comment about any of their tech.

3. Chuck Provini has addressed the issue of other technologies in the latest answers he provided and that I posted just this past week.

Again, here is what he said: "We receive many emails from many shareholders asking us about specific technologies that they have seen and whether or not they are better than or would compete with Natcore’s technology. Our scientists vet these queries and to date we have not found any that would be commercially acceptable or as meaningful to the industry as Natcore’s. Once again, these are very specific inquiries and not big generalizations as other technologies being better."

If you're not satisfied with that answer, then feel free to contact Chuck Provini and Natcore yourself. His email is: provini@natcoresolar.com

Mr. Provini and his team have always responded to my emails and very promptly, too. I'm sure he'll be happy to respond to yours.

Have a great week ahead!
    Jun 21, 2015. 02:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi All,
    Chuck has answered three of you, that is Eckman1, Futuretrade and GG. I submit his answers/comments for all of you below:

"Dear Eckman1,
    Michael Allison forwarded me your post. I will try to answer your questions, although some are not answerable. The questions on Al Korelin’s show are not programmed. They ask me questions that they feel their audience would ask; I answer them as best as I can.

Your question on our agreement with Denzo and his visit mid to late June, we already have an agreement with Denzo and his visit to the United States was for other business and we were just trying to take advantage of his proximity to visit face to face. This project is moving along nicely. Denzo’s project includes liquid natural gas, waste-to-energy as well as solar projects which includes Natcore. We are somewhat at the mercy of his timeline as well as the government in Orange City, Australia.

Not only were we supposed to build a prototype panel with Eurotron, but in fact, we are in the process of doing that. They have given us the specifications so we can adapt our HIT cell structure to their technology. I assure you it will happen and I can appreciate your not knowing, but on the other hand, I do know.

I certainly can appreciate your impatience and understand if you choose to alter your position in Natcore.

The principles and employees at Natcore, myself included, are typically making much less than they or we have in previous careers. Our incentive and benefit will come from options that we receive as milestone bonuses and year-end benefits. This was designed to insure that our motivation is the same as our shareholders. The principles have not only not sold Natcore shares, but in fact, purchased more and exercised options and warrants to increase their position. I have worked on Wall Street managing relatively large firms for over 30 years; nevertheless, I still do not know when someone should buy or sell a stock, I do know if someone likes the company and the story of the company and that story has not changed, then the decision to keep or sell the stock should not change.

I feel we have a technology that will benefit all of us significantly as well as the industry. We have a world renowned Advisory Board that feels the same way and is very engaged in our development. I also know that we make decisions that are based on prudent, ethical and consistent criteria. We manage the company based on these good decisions and not looking at a calendar.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions."

Best,

Chuck

For Futuretrade:
    "Our HIT back contact solar cell is truly at the front edge of the industry and something that the industry wants and needs. We could have perhaps signed a development agreement and received some type of licensing fee, but we felt it prudent to have a more complete product before we start negotiating with manufacturers. When we negotiate we want to have leverage, since without leverage, you are a bad negotiator. I feel we are close to having that leverage as our applications develop.

I hope this helps."

Best,
    Chuck

"Dear GrowthGeek,
    Michael Allison forwarded me your post, I am not sure I can answer the first part since it is more of a statement than a question. I do not feel that pressure is building to “show me the money.” The pressure only exists in that we want to insure we sign our first license agreement and negotiate that agreement from a strong economic position. We make decisions based on logic, ethics and good business and not by looking at a calendar. The employees and principles are incentivized predominately by warrants and options so that our success and benefit is the same as our shareholders. This is not a stock deal or else we could have signed bad license agreements to get revenue many times before. We are involved in this because we believe in it. The principles have not sold shares but also bought shares and exercised warrants and options to increase our positions.

Saying that, you have to be comfortable with your investment and if you have lost that confidence, perhaps it is best to look elsewhere."
    Best,

Chuck

To all, I forwarded Chuck your questions/comments today and he replied today. In my opinion this shows that he is serious, trustworthy and ready and willing to respond to anyone's queries/comments. I think it's prudent for all of us whom are invested in this company to simply be patient.

Thanks to all of you for contributing here and especially we should all thank Chuck Provini and Natcore for willingly answering our queries.

Have a great week!

Jun 16, 2015. 04:28 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GG,
    I've forwarded your comment here to CP and asked him to reply. Once I've received his reply I'll post on here.

Thanks for your comments and views.

Michael
    Jun 16, 2015. 03:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    futuretrade,
    I've forwarded your comment here to Chuck Provini and asked him to reply to me. Once I've received something I'll post it here.

Thanks for your input.

Michael
    Jun 16, 2015. 03:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Eckman1,
    I have forwarded your comment here to Chuck Provini and asked him to reply to me and then I'll forward his reply to you.

Hope this will help.

Michael
    Jun 16, 2015. 03:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why We're Dumping Kinder Morgan Right Now [View article]
    NV_Gary,
    If you want to see their fund holdings and their actual buys, sells, dates etc. you must be a subscriber.
    Jun 13, 2015. 01:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why We're Dumping Kinder Morgan Right Now [View article]
    As a subscriber to Valuentum's newsletter, I can tell you their position in KMI is/was 157 shares, purchased on 10/22/1014 at $38.72/share for a total of $6,086.04.
    Jun 12, 2015. 10:06 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    doug,
    I have absolutely no idea and do not wish to speculate on what a licensing deal would be worth to Natcore. I would only say that, based on what the company has itself said, I would think that once their process is "perfected" the potential for revenue would be significant.

To refresh eveyone's memory, read the news release at the following link:

Additonally, Natcore has also just announced that the company has retained the services of a investor relations firm. See here: http://bit.ly/1IoQFaz
    Jun 8, 2015. 02:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Everyone,
    Chuck Provini interviewed on the Korelin Economics Report again on this weekend's show. http://bit.ly/1MvlcF0

Segment number 2.

Enjoy!
    Jun 6, 2015. 06:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi All,
    Chuck Provini is interviewed on The Korelin Economics Report again this weekend.

Check out segment 6 here: http://bit.ly/1JKzwdr

Enjoy!
    May 23, 2015. 03:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Buy: Union Pacific Corporation [View article]
    Jason,
    How much of a cash position do you keep in your portfolio?
    May 18, 2015. 11:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget The Shopping List: Buy What's On Sale (Part 1) [View article]
    Grisly,
    In my opinion, within the next year, at most, you're going to be very happy that you've got some much cash sitting on the sidelines because the market is going to have a huge correction and you're going to be able to pick up some great companies at much lower prices than present.
    May 6, 2015. 01:43 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment