Michael Allison

View Michael Allison's Comments BY TICKER:
  • General Electric: The Beginning Of The Industrial Breakout [View article]
    Brett,
    It would be great if you could provide all of us an example of a stock you view as a home run stock.

Thanks.
    Apr 17 05:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Energize Your Portfolio With This High-Potential Energy Stock [View article]
    Hi All,
    Please feel free to check out this link: http://bit.ly/1cKI6Zi
    I have just posted part of an interview with David Talbot of Dundee Capital Markets where he talks about UUUU (Energy Fuels). Very positive comments.

Check out and have a great week!
    Feb 25 06:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing Report: Bullish Sentiment Reaches Multi-Decade Highs [View article]
    I don't know if this will ring true with anyone here, but recently I've read a couple of contributors on SA who promote the idea that we need to look at individual stocks, or in their words we need to look at the market as a "market of stocks" and not as a "stock market."

There are many great companies whose stock are very undervalued at the present time. Microsoft and Ford http://bit.ly/1ezPFEs are two examples. Based on how much cash these companies have, their present stock prices and their forward earnings estimates, these companies are selling well below what they will be going forward.

Another great example is one I recently wrote about here http://seekingalpha.co.... Fabrinet is ridiculously undervalued at the present time. My point is, I personally try very hard to take my emotions out of my investing, which admittedly is not easy to do, and focus on investing in, not trading in, great companies that are truly undervalued. I also have about 50% cash available right now, because if the market does go through a major correction, I'll be ready to buy more of these types of companies.

If you're a trader, that's great. But if you're an investor, you don't need to worry about the ups and downs of the market. Have a plan and stick with it and control your emotions.

Happy investing and/or trading to all!
    Feb 7 08:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Soon-To-Be Gold Producer Is Trading Well Below Its Enterprise Value [View article]
    @mrdanngo,
    Here's another interesting article: http://bit.ly/1ji8s9p
    Feb 6 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Gems Still Provide Significant Opportunity [View article]
    Hi Brian,
    Great article and thanks.
    Feb 6 03:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    @mrdanngo,
    I think you'll find this article interesting.

Look at some of the producers that have projects in the vicinity of Asanko's projects. Kinross, Goldfields, Newmont, Golden Star. Who's to say that another major won't take a run at Asanko, like Goldcorp is doing right now with Osisko?

Additionally, I believe that the gold and silver prices are going to go up, way up. I don't know when, but I do believe that with all of the money printing, China being the worst kid on the block in this regard while at the same time purchasing all of the metals it can get its hands on, it's just a matter of time.

So, Asanko's gold in the ground is definitely worth something and the market will eventually recognize this.

Finally, the following firms have the following targets for Asanko:
    RBC Capital: 2.50/share
    BMO Capital: 2.75
    Scotia Capital: 3.25
    Haywood Securities: 3.30
    CIBC World Markets: 3.00
    Cannacord Adams: 4.00

Hope this helps and thanks for reading.
    Feb 5 06:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @mrdanngo,
    "having gold in the ground is worthless if you can't take it out." I agree that costs are too high right now, at least based on the current price of gold and silver. However, I don't believe the prices of gold and silver are going to stay where they are for much longer; I believe they're going much higher. I don't now when, and I don't know if it will even be this year, but with all of the money printing being done by all governments, including the Chinese, who have printed more money than any other country including the U.S. and who are also buying as much gold as they can, it's just a matter of time before the prices rise.

There's also the M&A factor to consider. Read this article from the WSJ. http://on.wsj.com/1bs3leG

Take a look at what's going on right now between Goldcorp and Osisko. What's to prevent another major from taking a run at Asanko? I'm not saying that will happen, but there are a number of majors mining in the area where Asanko's Esaase project is. Newmont, Goldfields, Golden Star, Kinross all have projects in the vicinity.

So, in short, I don't believe that the gold in the ground that Asanko has is "not worth anything." It's definitely worth something and the market is going to eventually reflect that.

Thanks for reading.
    Feb 5 06:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The Supreme Court of British Columbia has approved the purchase of PMI by Asanko. See news release here: http://bit.ly/1dpFXhD
    Feb 5 01:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    @6151621,
    Thanks and where did you get that figure from?
    Feb 5 01:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @guest2,
    You're welcome and FYI I've emailed the company and asked them to provide me with an estimate on what the "all-in cash cost" would be/oz of gold. As soon as I hear from them I'll post their reply here.
    Feb 4 03:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @guest2,
    Yes, you are misreading the presentation. On page 13 of the February 2014 presentation you will see the "Feasibility Study Results." The fifth item in that table is "Plant & Infrastructure Capital" for the Esaase Project at US$270.5 million.

On the 6th line is the "Pre-Strip Capital" at US$15.9 million for the Esaase Project. Total capital to get the Esaase Project producing is US$286.4 million. That covers the construction of the first mine - "Esaase."

As for the cash operating costs, for Esaase they are estimated at US$736.00/oz. However, this is not the all-in cost, which you have asked about. In order to determine that, you would have to contact the company and ask them to provide you with their estimates on what the all-in costs would be.
    Feb 4 03:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ben's 2014 Guide To Precious Metals Investing [View article]
    Great article Ben and thanks for your insights into how you personally purchase your physical metals.
    I just published an article on Asanko. Feel free to read it here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Feb 3 06:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    For those of you who have not read the February 2014 investor presentation, simply go to this link and you'll find the answers to many of your questions. http://bit.ly/1cOGYEz
    Feb 3 06:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    mrdanngo,
    Regarding the questions you've asked, if you would simply go on the company website and read the February 2014 Investor Presentation, you'd have your answers.
    Have you done so?
    Feb 3 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Junior Silver Producer Should Be On Your Radar [View article]
    Thanks dgrant for your additional comments.
    Feb 1 03:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment