Michael Allison

View Michael Allison's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Significant Growth And Profitability - Avigilon's Investment Thesis Is Sound [View article]
    barryb,
    Agreed! Thanks for your comments.
    Jul 30, 2015. 02:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ben,
    The top 5 companies in this space only have 30% of the market. This means there is a lot of room for a company like Avigilon to grow and gain share, which it is already doing.

There are some really big players in this space, such as Honeywell, Cisco, IBM and others.
    Jul 30, 2015. 02:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natcore Solar Update - Interview With President And CEO Chuck Provini And Director Of Research & Development David Levy [View article]
    You're all welcome and thank you all for your support also.
    Jul 30, 2015. 12:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi All,
    For your information, I sent an email to Chuck Provini today to ask him, on a scale of 1 to 10, how confident he was that they would have a licensing deal within the next 3 to 6 months. With Chuck's permission, here is his reply to me:

"Michael, I feel very confident that we will be the beneficiary of a license agreement within the next 3-6 months. It is difficult for me to put a value on it but if you force my hand, I will say an 8.5. This license agreement will either be in conjunction with our Best-of-Breed program, potentially with a materials manufacturing company that would be providing materials for our back contact HIT cell structure, or perhaps an actual manufacturing company making either cells or modules. I have listed the potential agreements in the order that I think are most likely and in the shortest timeframes."

Just so you all are aware, he replied to my email within one hour of my sending the question to him. This is typical of CP. He's a real pro IMHO and I have no reason to doubt that we're going to see some big progress with Natcore before the end of this year.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the week.
    Jul 29, 2015. 04:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: The Oil Crash Could Be A Dividend Growth Investor's Best Friend Of The Decade [View article]
    RS,
    Great article. With reference to Chesapeake, an article here http://seekingalpha.co... states that Archie Dunham, the Chairman of CHK, has purchased $26 million worth of shares of CHK in the past 9 months at prices of $15 and above.

Another article here http://bit.ly/1GeGkh6 shows that Dunham purchased 1 million shares at an average price of $13.9793/share. This purchase was made after CHK announced its planned capital spending cuts.

Carl Icahn has also purchased CHK stock recently (March). I suppose this would indicate that these individuals are looking ahead and know, as you've stated in this article, that prices are eventually going to turn around and when they do these companies stock prices are going to have a huge rebound.
    Jul 28, 2015. 03:11 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BW,
    Thanks for reading and commenting. I'm very interested in seeing the Q2 numbers.

Have a super week!
    Jul 27, 2015. 04:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    MBGrinder,
    Thanks for reading and your comments. Have a great week!
    Jul 27, 2015. 04:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi All,
    Here is the news on the financing:

Rochester, NY — (July 20, 2015) — Natcore Technology Inc. (TSX-V: NXT; NTCXF.PK) announces that it intends to arrange a non-brokered financing with existing and previous shareholders to raise up to $1.5 million.

Each unit of the financing will consist of a share of Natcore stock priced at CDN$0.54 and a full three-year warrant at CDN$0.74. Funds generated from the financing will be used for the continued optimization of products close to commercialization such as Natcore’s development of laser-processed back-side contact laser “HIT”solar cells and black-silicon solar cells

Finder’s fees may be payable on all or a portion of the financing. The completion of the placement is subject to regulatory approval, including the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange.

Did you notice what it says the funds will be used for? Is there any reason for any of you to doubt that that is what the funds will be used for, and if you doubt that is the real reason, then you have two options. Get out of the stock if you're not happy. Or email Chuck Provini yourself and tell him you don't believe that's the reason and that it's to pay his salary.

For me, I don't care how much Provini is making. If this company hits one or two licensing agreements, what he's being paid will be well worth it.
    Jul 23, 2015. 12:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Eckman and 34087125,
    Unless you have the actual links to the information you've supposedly seen on Natcore and Chuck Provini, I would like to suggest that you not spread unsubstantiated rumors, as these kinds of comments do not add value to the discussion here. Thanks.
    Jul 23, 2015. 12:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    trsales,
    Thanks for reading and commenting. You're right that the stock always gets crushed after the conference calls and then it begins to move up again. I've been holding this one for well over a year and the company is run very well, in my opinion.
    I wouldn't be surprised it, at some time in the future, it gets purchased by one of the really big companies in the related space; perhaps one of the Japanese firms.
    Another point that I forgot to put in the article is how fragmented the security surveillance and analytics space is. The top 5 companies in this sector only have about 30% of the market, and the market is huge. This is one of the factors that is in Avigilon's favor.
    Jul 23, 2015. 12:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Jones 95,
    Could you please explain for us how a company buying back its own shares "dilutes shares?"
    Jul 22, 2015. 12:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    For your information, interesting read here: http://bit.ly/1Vqbnht
    Jul 21, 2015. 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Eckman,
    Thanks for your comments and compliment - I try to provide investors with good information on good companies that should pay off well in the medium to long term.

One thing I've been wondering is whether Avigilon would be a juicy looking takeover target from one of the really big players in this field, such as Honeywell, Bosch, Samsung?
    Jul 21, 2015. 02:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Everyone,
    For those of you who might be interested, I've got a new article on Avigilon, which you're free to read here http://seekingalpha.co...

It's a company I'm personally invested in and it's experiencing tremendous growth and doing so profitably.

Have a great week!
    Jul 21, 2015. 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Eckman,
    Nice to see you over here from the Natcore thread. First, I understand your viewpoint regarding the fact that they do not provide any guidance. They really don't, that's for sure.

However, IMO they are shareholder friendly from the standpoint of how they are executing their strategy. They've also implemented a NCIB, which is shareholder friendly, wouldn't you agree. From my perspective, one of the most attractive things about the company is that they are growing so rapidly and maintaining profitability while doing so, and I love that about them.

What do you think?