Michael Anderson

View Michael Anderson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Analyst Estimates Are Very Overrated [View article]
    Im definitely a huge Apple fan, its hard not to be. I think Google is in a great position too and if there is a steady shortterm decline, I would heavily consider getting in. Even at the current pps, it is a good investment, but I do like AAPL here more, even after its recent rise.
    Jan 20, 2012. 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyst Estimates Are Very Overrated [View article]
    It usually rises gradually after
    Jan 20, 2012. 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyst Estimates Are Very Overrated [View article]
    Google is still a high growth company, growing sales still at 25% plus each quarter. I do agree with the earnings part of it and would be the thing to be scrutinized, not the fact that they missed estimates. It was still a good quarter for an undervalued large cap growth stock.

I actually like Microsoft too, but that quarter was not much to get excited about. They are undervalued, but their growth is nothing special.

I think Google has much more upside with some nice growth ahead still and is an opportunity on a dip, whereas if MSFT rises a little more, it is much more difficult to touch. Also, thanks for commenting.
    Jan 20, 2012. 03:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Get Snagged In The Dividend Yield Trap [View article]
    Good article. I definitely agree and see many investors investing in a company mainly because of the yield and not focusing enough on the growth of the stock. Obviously, if a stock falls while paying a dividend, it defeats the purpose. On actual quality stocks that pay dividends, it can be nice to add on a downturn as one's research can show that stock appreciating over time and not just the yield
    Dec 17, 2011. 05:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick, Here's How To Play Zynga [View article]
    Thats why a tight stop is important. Definitely surprised in the trading and with the long delay in trading, I stayed away and came back and it was at $9.50. Momentum is key in these things and can usually tell quickly. Good luck, if anyone is still invested in this.
    Dec 16, 2011. 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick, Here's How To Play Zynga [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. It does appear that these IPOs tend to trade much higher than they should and eventually come down to earth. I will definitely take a look at your report.

IPO was also priced at $10 it appears.

Dec 15, 2011. 05:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick, Here's How To Play Zynga [View article]
    Good point and definitely could be an advantageous strategy to add to it.
    Dec 15, 2011. 12:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Of My Seeking Alpha - Part 1 [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. It has been a crazy last year and a half and a ton of ups and downs, especially based on my style. Also, it is important to learn from the investments that end up being losers. Best of luck to you.
    Dec 12, 2011. 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Of My Seeking Alpha - Part ll [View article]
    Lol. I dont know who is going to hold a triple leveraged ETF longterm, thus the reason I stated it is important to put in stops and watch it carefully. They are only short-term trading tools. Thanks for the comment
    Dec 12, 2011. 02:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Corning: Is Gorilla Glass Cracked? [View article]
    Yes, its definitely a big hit. I agree with you as it is a big reason to remain cautious, as 30% is significant. I dont see it doing much for awhile and cant see it getting hit too much harder as they are still extremely undervalued, even with that decrease. Its just kind of dead money at the moment, but I think they are a strong company and is worth adding on any big dips. I was definitely bullish on it prior and even had an article publish the morning of their news, bad timing, lol. It wont crush them, but at this time, there are now many more plays. Good luck.
    Dec 9, 2011. 12:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Japan Escaped A Depression [View article]
    This is an excellent and informative article. Thanks.
    Dec 7, 2011. 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dreams Incorporated Is A Double In 12 Months At Today's Share Price [View article]
    nice comment boomer, I noticed some of the same things, but still havent had the chance to look into it enough.
    Dec 4, 2011. 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Amazon.com Short Thesis [View article]
    Yes, sorry, that is what I meant.
    Dec 4, 2011. 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Amazon.com Short Thesis [View article]
    I think your article is good and raises an interesting point, but I think it also helps to show why it is a good short if its just hanging on earnings growth, while negatives are coming along the way. So, it appears that it shouldnt be able to hold on to that one thing, which is important, but could slow down as well. I dont think the moment is there like it was and it seems as though some changes will need to be made. The short case is better, at least for the short to mid term
    Dec 4, 2011. 01:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This is a nicely put together article and the type of articles that should be seen on here more often, in terms of writing, effort, and information. It actually is going to get me to do some follow up research of my own on the company. thanks.
    Dec 3, 2011. 06:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment