Michael Anderson

View Michael Anderson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    Lets just say, the publication is surprising, to say the least
    Nov 29 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    There was nothing you provided to show that AAPL is overvalued. Im interested to see how their sales are really slowing as their financials do not show it, nor do the expectations from the company and analysts. Of course it will not grow at 50% every year for the next 10 years, but there are no signs to show any significant slowing growth. Also, while you state the market is saturated with Apple products, I believe that to be incorrect based on their market share and their worldwide coverage. There is a ton of room for growth. Also, do not count Apple out on providing new significant technology in the near future, they still have amazing people there.
    Nov 29 02:36 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Large Cap Stocks With Great Upside [View article]
    I guess I was a little early on GLW as they cut forecasts significantly.

Longterm, I still see this as a good play, but the shortterm outlook on the stock doesnt appear to be very good.
    Nov 29 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Large Cap Stocks With Great Upside [View article]
    I definitely understand where youre coming from, but I think at this point they both provide decent upside and see no reason they cant go up at least 20% plus in the next 12 months probably even sooner, minus a market collapse. Even if it takes a little longer, they both provide decent dividends while waiting or adding on more dips.

I definitely agree with you about AAPL. I do not think there is a large cap that touches them based on success and valuation
    Nov 29 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verisante Technology: The Future Of Cancer Detection [View article]
    Yes, so it is not a yearly fee, but regardless, the earnings are still split between the dermatologist and Mela. Still, in that instance, the Aura still gives a higher profitability for the dermatologist.

I will see if I can update the article to reflect the correction.
    Nov 26 12:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verisante Technology: The Future Of Cancer Detection [View article]
    I think there are a lot of excuses being made by that poster to try to brush off the negatives. The results are in plain sight to see and there are several to look at, not just from the FDA, which is probably the most important anyways. Yes, dermatologists do have that low of a specificity. Do not forget that they were rejected the first time around.

I do see why the Mela got approved, it is better than a dermatologist, its safe, relatively quick, and not overly expensive, and Mela is really the first kind of product like this. At the sametime, the negatives are out there in plain sight for everyone to see and I dont buy that in regards to the FDA investigator as that sounds like a lot of bs to me. Overall, which wont be 100% proven until the full scale results come, but the Aura appears to be a much better device as it appears to be more accurate, quicker, easier to use and lets not forget it can detect almost 100% of all skin cancers, while the mela is nowhere close to that.
    Nov 25 12:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Verisante Technology: The Future Of Cancer Detection [View article]
    Those are definitely excellent questions and concerns. I think there is still a lot to learn about this area as there isnt a lot of technology or at least anything that has been around very long. I am also learning as I go, but the more I read and research, the more I like Verisante, but I also understand not to expect that their success is guaranteed.

I also should have clarified in the article, while Lucid is definitely one its competitors, they are somewhat different. The biopsy is considered the gold standard and what dermatologists turn to and basically the Lucid device is something that is trying to replace that and assist in the detection with their different equipment. The reason I feel they have not succeeded yet is because its not a simple and quick process and is trying to replace something that is already good to begin with. With the Lucid device, it takes about 10 to 20 minutes, can only be done by a dermatologist and the information then has to be sent to a pathologist, so it takes time and in turn money.

The Aura has the closest comparison to the Melafind device in terms of what each is trying to achieve, but so far, the aura appears to be better, quicker, easier to use and less expensive.

Yes, I can see why there could be setback on dermatologists buying them as they have their method and if concerned send for a biopsy, but that is the issue. Even though a dermatologist if they see an issue will send them off for a biopsy, they still miss about 20% to 30% of the time, while all the while still having many unecessary biopsies done. I think the Aura can be very beneficial for them because its easy to use and extremely quick to detect and accurate. As a patient, do you want the method that there is a lot of uncertainty or the method that is almost 100% accurate, easy, and quick? Samething for dermatologist, do you want to say you miss 25% of the time or its almost a guarantee that I will not miss and the further testing(biopsy) is not unwarranted? Plus, compared to the Mela, it identifies, I believe 96% of skin cancers, while the Mela does less than 10%. Another benefit of the Aura is that because of the ease of use, it doesnt necessarily need the expertise of a dermatologist, so it can be sold to other doctors which are easier access to patients anyways. Again, there are still a lot of questions and no guarantees, but I like Verisante's chances and look forward to the Core as well, which may be a far superior product based on what it can do.
    Nov 21 11:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Verisante Technology: The Future Of Cancer Detection [View article]
    It is part of their larger sample that is soon to be released. While the sensitivity may not stay at 100%, it is unlikely the numbers will change drastically, but I guess you never know until they are actually released. Also, Melafind doesnt hold up to the other competition either. The Melafind has way too many false positives and it isnt that much better than just the standard method used by a dermatologist, in my opinion.
    Nov 21 11:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Continues To Distort Reality For Investors [View article]
    While I wasnt buying Netflix before the recent mishaps by management, I think they had a solid, sustainable business model, obviously as long as minor adjustments and add-ons to the business were done. Basically, in one swoop, management completely changed their image and indefinitely hurt the business and shareholders.

How can anyone expect a business to succeed when prices increase nearly 60% all at once for the same thing, nothing added, no extra value, just a lot more money percentage wise. Regardless if one can afford the additional $7 or $8, or whatever it may be, thats not the point. You cant trust the company or believe in them because of this and then they just shot themselves in the foot with their "saving" explanations, which made them look even worse. I cancelled my DVD subscription for Blu-ray and just kept the streaming. I may fully even switch to Blockbuster and use Redbox more often for Blu-rays. Customers were content, but they gave them the option or pretty much pushed them to the competition. Unless they come up with a gamechanger and make huge adjustments, growth with this company will be small and they will have less luck getting contracts/deals with larger companies in which highly aided their success. They pretty gave their competition and edge and many will take advantage of Netflix issues
    Oct 11 07:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Apple; Buy Sprint [View article]
    Apple is valued quite optimistically? That is news to me. While I dont think they will grow 50% every year over the next 5-10 years, their growth is significant with room to move. They have a forward PE near 12, with significant growth, continually beating estimates, I believe about 33 straight quarters, tons of cash, and a very high quality product. It is actually extremely undervalued and yes, at some point they may not destroy estimates and growth wont be as significant, but its not going to happen quickly. People expect Apple to fail, maybe not fail, but do much worse at some point and Apple has and continue to prove those people wrong. It is going to be awhile before their greatness changes regardless of competition.
    Oct 6 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sino-Forest Teaches Us A Valuable Lesson [View article]
    Excellent article and presented very well. I wish I would have learned the mistake sooner than I did, with CCME in particular. I was unfortunately in MILL as well, but seeing this crap happen before too many times with the China stocks, I was fortunate to get out the moment I noticed there was a short report and ask questions later. Then as you state, most of these, not all, of these pieces have some merit. MILL, there are still concerns even with the audited 10K and I thought the piece was well written and I also believe the initial 10K shows a ton of issues, and havent read the "real" 10K today, but couldnt imagine it being any better.
    Aug 29 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ossen Innovation Appears to Be What It Claims [View article]
    Thanks for your great efforts in this space and providing excellent, reliable, and trustworthy information. I continue to look forward to what Geo will bring forth.
    Jul 21 01:02 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Learning the Lesson From China MediaExpress and 2 Stocks Worth a Look [View article]
    I would be very surprised if that deal went through. If they truely have a deal in place, why does current PPS matter so much to them now? Why try and rebut the negative comments and articles constantly and put out fluff PRs constantly? They could just sit back and relax and let the deal just go through if was truely going to happen. I wont believe it until something happens 100%
    Jun 26 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    those are not the only stocks I am invested in
    Jun 19 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It was not meant to be an apology. It was more of a stated hard lesson I learned from investing. In regards to the shorts, many have been just as bad as the companies by using clear manipulation and presenting false information, not all, but much of it.
    Jun 18 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment