Michael Anderson

View Michael Anderson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Different Take On Apple's Cash Stash [View article]
    Im on the other end of the spectrum and think they should build up the cash for many more years. Then when things do slow and the pps isnt rising a great rate every year, it will provide a giant safety net. It will basically allow them to do whatever they want and most importantly do some good buybacks and dividends and only slightly dent it. The reward later in my opinion will be much great, especially since the pps rise has been excellent and should continue to be. And I dont think its wise to spend cash just to do it. Build it up and let the opportunities come and not rush into things.
    Jan 26, 2012. 04:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Get Ready To Be Disappointed With Apple [View article]
    It may be a short term top, I can agree with that, but long-term it will still continue to do great. Of course, over and over and over and over when people say that Apple will eventually slow, at some point that will be correct, but it is a ways away. Also, when that person that states over and over and over and over and over and enventually it happens, doesnt make that person correct as they were wrong every other time. Do not also forget the crazy amount of cash they will have built up in 3-5 years when growth isnt as amazing as it is now.
    Jan 25, 2012. 10:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Most Undervalued Large-Cap Stock In America [View article]
    "By the way, whether you like it or not or acknowledge it or not, by being bullish on Apple, you are debating the market."

Really? Because it seems as though Apple outperformed the market by a wide margin in the last year

The issue isnt that the stock is doing poorly, its just that its pps has slowed from what it was doing and isnt trading where many think it should, basically because of its valuation. It hasnt stopped rising by any means and there is nothing to show that it will not continue to rise
    Dec 1, 2011. 06:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Cash Hoard Is Not A Problem [View article]
    Nice article
    Dec 1, 2011. 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Cash Hoard Is Not A Problem [View article]
    Ios,

They didnt demonstrate weakness, its just that analyst estimates are severely overrated. Their revenue last quarter grew about 40% and their net income grew over 50%. I wouldnt consider that weak.
    Dec 1, 2011. 05:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Do Apple Directors Work For? [View article]
    While I do not fully agree with you, it is a nice, quality, and precise article and gives a valid thing to think about. For now, I am fine without a dividend and actually once it gets to a higher peak of bullishness, I would prefer a split first and then a dividend down the road. Now, in 5 or 6 years, they still arent doing anything with the cash or paying a dividend, then I would feel the same. Now, at the sametime, a dividend now is definitely not a bad idea.
    Nov 30, 2011. 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    Please show how this is a bubble. Generally, a bubble is where the stock is incredibly and fundamentally overvalued. Basically, something that has raised so much due not necessarily due to its success. I dont understand how you can state it is a bubble. Do you even realize the total market share they carry? Do you know their book value? Do you understand their earnings? Do you understand their products and the competition? What is funny, I bet if this stock was at $50 with the same revenue, earnings, cash, growth, etc, you probably wouldnt have this absurd random thought without merit.

Believe me, I understand there are negatives in everything and another side, both positive and negative, but this article shines no light on anything, except misinformation, thoughts based on no research or evidence. Basically, just thoughts. I honesty just do not get it at all.
    Nov 29, 2011. 07:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    Exactly, that is just absure and makes zero sense. Of course, any stock that runs up 400%, there is nothing wrong with taking some off the table, but that alone has zero indication if the stock will rise further. I cannot understand you basis on anything you state and I am amazed that SA would publish this and you are getting paid for this travesty. You state its overvalued but provide nothing to show that, except a lot of things that dont equate and many things that are just straight out incorrect
    Nov 29, 2011. 06:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    Lets just say, the publication is surprising, to say the least
    Nov 29, 2011. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    There was nothing you provided to show that AAPL is overvalued. Im interested to see how their sales are really slowing as their financials do not show it, nor do the expectations from the company and analysts. Of course it will not grow at 50% every year for the next 10 years, but there are no signs to show any significant slowing growth. Also, while you state the market is saturated with Apple products, I believe that to be incorrect based on their market share and their worldwide coverage. There is a ton of room for growth. Also, do not count Apple out on providing new significant technology in the near future, they still have amazing people there.
    Nov 29, 2011. 02:36 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Want to Try a Chipotle Apple Split? [View article]
    While I do not expect them to grow EPS at 50% every year, there is no reason that their growth is just going to dramatically fall off especially with their expansion worldwide and adding verizon as a carrier. Not to mention, in both the category of computers and smartphones, they still have a small market share with a lot of room to grow. For at least the next 5 years, they will continue to do very well. I almost forgot that their stores are expanding all over as well.

If they grow EPS at an average rate of 15% each year over the next 5 years: Right now 2011 estimates are $22, which they will most likely beat by the very least 10%, which would equate to $24.20

2012: $27.83
    2013: $32
    2014: $36.81
    2015: $42.33

With a P/E of about 23, that would equate to near $1000 share price and near $1 trillion market cap. I personally think their growth will be more than that over the next 3 years and start to slow, but I think it is something that is very attainable
    Jan 26, 2011. 05:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Want to Try a Chipotle Apple Split? [View article]
    Why is it absurd? What is the reason that it cannot occur other than it has not happened before? Basically, based on what information and analysis of Apple shows that they will not approach that?
    Jan 26, 2011. 02:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Want to Try a Chipotle Apple Split? [View article]
    Thank you for correcting me. Wendy's is part of the Wendys/Arbys group Inc (seekingalpha.com/symbo...).
    Jan 10, 2011. 11:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Want to Try a Chipotle Apple Split? [View article]
    Also, if you havent already, I strongly recommend reading the latest transcript and Q & A, it is very impressive and just adds to my positive thoughts about CMG. This company is going to do well for a long time. Here is the transcript that I got from Seeking Alpha on their 2010 q3:

seekingalpha.com/artic...
    Jan 9, 2011. 06:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Want to Try a Chipotle Apple Split? [View article]
    Hello Suddy,

Thanks for the comments. That would definitely be something worth looking into, but you also need to to take into effect the economy, market psychology, the amount of competition, and many other factors. Now, most of the fast food chains are more mature with some newer ones now such as CMG and Panera. I dont know if comparing Mcdonalds, burger king, and YUM(KFC, Wendys, taco bell, and others in their infancy as those companies have been around for a while. So I dont know if the comparison would be fair, but it would definitely be interesting to see if the comparison matches somewhat. I like your thinking and the more research, the better.

CMG is at a high P/E now, so investing in CMG is expecting continued growth nationwide and starting growth worldwide. It definitely holds some risk as there is no guarantee how they will expand worldwide and how much more they are going to expand over the next 5 years. They are still growing and plan on expanding to China. They are a well run business and seem to have a solid plan. Putting all your eggs into this would be silly or into any company, but to have CMG as part of a long term portfolio, I believe is a good bet.
    Jan 9, 2011. 12:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment