Michael Bury

View Michael Bury's Comments BY TICKER:
  • BlackBerry Catalysts Right Under Our Noses? [View article]
    Or the Q10 if you are a power writter. My work provided iPhone 5 is great for apps but frustrating and inferior when it comes to typing. My very old Bold was superior and the Q10 with its larger, chisled keyboard is dynamite. If they let me change I will....
    May 22, 2013. 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Catalysts Right Under Our Noses? [View article]
    I would agree with that. But as the stock is showing, the bears are not going anywhere until they see scary data. That will be an increase in subs base as mentioned while simultaneously showing profits that are not based in cost cutting measures.
    May 22, 2013. 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is A Good Time To Buy BlackBerry [View article]
    The real good news keeps coming. In contrast to the fictional short artciles.
    May 3, 2013. 09:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is A Good Time To Buy BlackBerry [View article]
    Thank you! Looking at what the DoD has said so far, it seems to me that they have the big three OS for a variety of security clearances. I'm willing to bet anyone with an Andoid does not have significant security clearance, same with Apple. That leaves BB has the secure platform.
    May 3, 2013. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is A Good Time To Buy BlackBerry [View article]
    Will do :P
    May 2, 2013. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is A Good Time To Buy BlackBerry [View article]
    What I find reassuring about BB stock is that they do not have to beat or compete directly with Apple or Samsung to make a good profit and for investors to enjoy a short squeeze. They aren't even competing with the S4. At least not with the Q10. If their market share goes up by just a few points, it will be at the expense of the big boys.
    May 2, 2013. 02:10 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is A Good Time To Buy BlackBerry [View article]
    I would suspect that a BB10 Torch replacement is one of the phones they will release. All part of the forward thinking mobile computing.
    May 2, 2013. 12:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is A Good Time To Buy BlackBerry [View article]
    I'm not sure why people seem to be ignoring this statement about mobile computing. Thor is clearly telling us some big news without revealing his cards!
    May 2, 2013. 12:15 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Some Thoughts About BlackBerry [View article]
    You might be right. But the younger generation has less money to spend anyways. Not BB main target. I have a bold and a bunch of Apple stuff. There is something unique, durable and fast about a 4G QWERTY BB. Nostalgia has made a comeback before. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it happened again.
    Apr 20, 2013. 02:52 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Some Thoughts About BlackBerry [View article]
    Shorts are like the NRA. Well funded, backed and stubborn as heck. They won't go away that easily.
    Apr 20, 2013. 02:49 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Z10 U.S. And Canada Sales Estimate: 1 Million Units Sold [View article]
    Subscriber base at Q4 report was 76 million down from 79 million so this will impact your calculations. Thanks for the read...
    Apr 18, 2013. 03:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Catalysts Right Under Our Noses? [View article]
    I believe BB is taking the slow and steady approach to information which will ultimately result in increased confidence in the leadership. This is information management and it is so important. BB needs time to accumulate the data we seek. One thing Thorsten had to deal with when taking over is to re-establish confidence in the company's management team. A big part about that is knowing when to stay silent and when to come out swinging (as they did last week when seeking a securities investigation into Detwilter's report on high Z10 returns). BB wants to give us good information and they are working hard to do that for Q1 report I believe. Those who have been supporters I think will get rewarded by transparent, accurate and honest guidance during those reports. Why release somewhat positive information now? The Q10 hasn't even started selling yet. That is why I suspect they are staying silent and I think it is the smart way to go.
    Apr 18, 2013. 11:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Catalysts Right Under Our Noses? [View article]
    This is great news for all BB investors. Thanks for the link.
    Apr 17, 2013. 11:02 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Catalysts Right Under Our Noses? [View article]
    I completely agree. I think licensing will shoot the stock up once it becomes official. Lenovo and Sony probably being the top contenders. Surprised the shorts don't worry about that part.
    Apr 17, 2013. 11:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment