Michael Chandler

View Michael Chandler's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    Thanks and you are correct.
    Mar 17, 2014. 08:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    Right
    Mar 17, 2014. 08:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    Thanks for your comments, I need to ride my bike more also.
    Mar 16, 2014. 07:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    The numbers came from Boone Pickens who is probably the best energy minds of our time. None the less the use of natural gas is economically feasible today in many areas to include fleet vehicles, buses, and many municipal vehicles. It will be the center of the coming energy revolution. It will be some time before individual vehicles will play a major role.
    Mar 16, 2014. 07:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pension Minefield [View article]
    Low interest rates as well as a fixed income market in a bubble certainly wont help matters. Maybe changes in policy statements can allow for more equity positions would help. I know the past 2 years had to help a lot with the equity performance. Thanks for your comment.
    Dec 11, 2013. 08:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pension Minefield [View article]
    Great point, just talked to a UPS Rep who told me his pension through the union went away and he lost 1100 per month from this pension. Thanks for your comments David.
    Dec 11, 2013. 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    I could not agree more on the fact it needs fixing. My point is that by driving everyone to the exchanges with very few little competition ie. North Carolina with 1 and 1/2 carriers and many states with fewer than 3. It appears to me it is being driven to a single payer system or something very similar. The fact is the individual market will grow 115% and 80% of that growth will be in the exchanges.. I am open to any fix. We all know it needs fixing. That we agree. My question is why can't we all sit down and make those changes necessary to fix our healthcare system. This one has got some major flaws that need to be corrected. From a business perspective it lacks common sense in many ways.
    Nov 26, 2013. 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    You know cross I am 58. My wife is 61 and we are self employed also. I agree with you 100% on all fronts. I don't have an answer either. I do know we have a health care crisis in this country and something needs to happen. It is not happening in Washington that's for sure. Its not fair. I am not for ACA. I am just ,like you, searching for a solution. You are right no one has come up with a solution and it appears the only thing we end up with under ACA is a single payer system and we know how that works. At least it looks like that is where we are headed anyway.
    Nov 26, 2013. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    For just a minute Id like all of us to forget about the Democrats and Republicans. Lets look at the facts that I think we all can agree on and see how they might be changed or even if they need to be.
    1) When you have a non pre-exiting policy the cost of insurance is going to go up.
    2) The individual market premiums must go up because it uses a smaller group and fewer people to spread the risk..
    3) All access to the exchanges for small businesses has been delayed. (SHOP program). All large business plans have been delayed until 2015.
    4) All of the above forces people to the exchange and makes policy continuation impossible unless they are grandfathered.
    5) About half of the States are not participating in the Medicaid expansion and have elected not to open their own exchanges. This is forcing people to the national exchanges.
    5) Because the younger healthier people as well as those that are used to a high deductible plans are seeing significant increases in their premiums we are getting a lot of angry folks. Unless you qualify for a tax credits due to lower incomes and fall into this group you will have higher premiums.
    6) If you are in that 24-34 age group that is 28% uninsured and that group elects not to sign up you end up with a pool of high risk/ cost group which will cost next years premiums go sky high. Naturally this is assuming they don't participate. Don't know if the incentive is there for them too.
    I would love to hear from all of you regarding these issues. Thanks so much because overall you have all added some very keen insight. Mike
    Nov 26, 2013. 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    I actually believe many premiums will fall depending on each individual situation. I do know that unless something is drastically done to curb healthcare cost itself, those that see substantial decreases will be on the backs of the healthy younger individuals. I think that is the point. Its not republican or democrat issue. Its an American issue. Lord knows Washington has not been a good example on either side of the aisle. I am very glad to see your premiums have fallen
    Nov 26, 2013. 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    Good point I might just do that.
    Nov 26, 2013. 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    The point is in the individual market place the premiums for the young folks with assets are going through the roof. And some elect not to buy as the result and wait until it is needed and yes take that risk. Then the problem everyone else signing up gets a subsidy of some sort. Remember half the states have elected not to participate in the expansion of Medicaid, a key element to ACA. Look at the early numbers from Kentucky where 3/4 are signing up under Medicaid
    Nov 25, 2013. 06:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    You are correct but coverage will be ultimately granted. You are right there are some risk. The ACA all but eliminates Catastrophic plans.
    Nov 25, 2013. 06:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    Certainly can be an option, enrollment starts in Oct-Dec. Especially for a chronic disorder. There are certainly some exceptions but eventually in a year you can get coverage.
    Nov 25, 2013. 06:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    Welcome to the world of urgent care centers.
    Nov 25, 2013. 06:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment