Michael Chandler

View Michael Chandler's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • FATCA: The Road To Hell Was Paved With Good Intentions! [View article]
    Good Point! But SS is an entitlement right?
    Jul 14 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FATCA: The Road To Hell Was Paved With Good Intentions! [View article]
    No surprise to me.
    Jul 13 05:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FATCA: The Road To Hell Was Paved With Good Intentions! [View article]
    Really.
    !
    Jul 12 06:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FATCA: The Road To Hell Was Paved With Good Intentions! [View article]
    There are many good investment options abroad. Thanks for your comments.
    Jul 12 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    Great point, I think break even on oil is around 50-55 per barrel. I'
    m sure anywhere close to that number would close up production.
    Mar 17 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    Thanks Papita, correction has been made.
    Mar 17 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    I figured that out. Thanks Mike
    Mar 17 10:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    Thanks and you are correct.
    Mar 17 08:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    Right
    Mar 17 08:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    Thanks for your comments, I need to ride my bike more also.
    Mar 16 07:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pension Minefield [View article]
    Low interest rates as well as a fixed income market in a bubble certainly wont help matters. Maybe changes in policy statements can allow for more equity positions would help. I know the past 2 years had to help a lot with the equity performance. Thanks for your comment.
    Dec 11 08:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pension Minefield [View article]
    Great point, just talked to a UPS Rep who told me his pension through the union went away and he lost 1100 per month from this pension. Thanks for your comments David.
    Dec 11 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    I could not agree more on the fact it needs fixing. My point is that by driving everyone to the exchanges with very few little competition ie. North Carolina with 1 and 1/2 carriers and many states with fewer than 3. It appears to me it is being driven to a single payer system or something very similar. The fact is the individual market will grow 115% and 80% of that growth will be in the exchanges.. I am open to any fix. We all know it needs fixing. That we agree. My question is why can't we all sit down and make those changes necessary to fix our healthcare system. This one has got some major flaws that need to be corrected. From a business perspective it lacks common sense in many ways.
    Nov 26 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    You know cross I am 58. My wife is 61 and we are self employed also. I agree with you 100% on all fronts. I don't have an answer either. I do know we have a health care crisis in this country and something needs to happen. It is not happening in Washington that's for sure. Its not fair. I am not for ACA. I am just ,like you, searching for a solution. You are right no one has come up with a solution and it appears the only thing we end up with under ACA is a single payer system and we know how that works. At least it looks like that is where we are headed anyway.
    Nov 26 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unraveling Of The Affordable Care Act [View article]
    For just a minute Id like all of us to forget about the Democrats and Republicans. Lets look at the facts that I think we all can agree on and see how they might be changed or even if they need to be.
    1) When you have a non pre-exiting policy the cost of insurance is going to go up.
    2) The individual market premiums must go up because it uses a smaller group and fewer people to spread the risk..
    3) All access to the exchanges for small businesses has been delayed. (SHOP program). All large business plans have been delayed until 2015.
    4) All of the above forces people to the exchange and makes policy continuation impossible unless they are grandfathered.
    5) About half of the States are not participating in the Medicaid expansion and have elected not to open their own exchanges. This is forcing people to the national exchanges.
    5) Because the younger healthier people as well as those that are used to a high deductible plans are seeing significant increases in their premiums we are getting a lot of angry folks. Unless you qualify for a tax credits due to lower incomes and fall into this group you will have higher premiums.
    6) If you are in that 24-34 age group that is 28% uninsured and that group elects not to sign up you end up with a pool of high risk/ cost group which will cost next years premiums go sky high. Naturally this is assuming they don't participate. Don't know if the incentive is there for them too.
    I would love to hear from all of you regarding these issues. Thanks so much because overall you have all added some very keen insight. Mike
    Nov 26 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment