Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Triangle Petroleum Announces 2Q Results - Welcome To The Hockey Stick [View article]
    Z,
    Triangle is very cheap here. Northland Securites upgrade with $10.50 price target on Sept. 9th. Canaccord $10 price target. Howard Weil $11 price target on April 8th. The average price target from 8 analysts is $10. I have been covering this name since February 2nd, a while after you first wrote on the name. Your numbers are solid on Triangle and I may add, this company could significantly underperform expectations and still be cheap on its current valuation.
    We could see a big move in this stock at halfway through 2012 as they should have three operated rigs running by then. I have 2012 exit production around 2500 Boe/d. What are your thoughts, and does this seem acheivable? Have you heard anything about JV possibilities?
    Sep 10, 2011. 02:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part III [View article]
    cpurse1,
    I think you are speaking of the Bakken in the Alberta Basin. I did do an article on some of the players there.

seekingalpha.com/artic...

seekingalpha.com/artic...

seekingalpha.com/artic...

The Alberta Basin will probably be alot like the Niobrara. In Canada, it has developed well enough but nothing great. I would guess we will see much of the same from NFX and ROSE acreage on the U.S. side of the play.

The Cardium could be a little better than the Alberta around the Pembina Field. This is the biggest field in Canada
    Sep 10, 2011. 01:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Oil Service Companies That Deserve More Love [View article]
    I like all of the seismic companies from a long term perspective. Cost per acre can be as low as $75. As these plays see an increased ramp in production companies like GGS will have some pricing power. I think over the next year or so GGS continue to beat estimates.
    Sep 10, 2011. 12:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects [View article]
    Real puzzling.
    Sep 10, 2011. 12:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Pullback Creates Value In Small Bakken Oil Companies, Part I [View article]
    Thank you. Makes me happy that I can help, but remember you have helped me too.
    Sep 8, 2011. 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the update Z. Of the non-operated wells, were any a surprise to you with respect to IP rate? The NFX wells seem real good.
    Sep 8, 2011. 11:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Pullback Creates Value In Small Bakken Oil Companies, Part IV [View article]
    I really like BEXP (I own it), but this name comes with some risk. Linn is the least risky and a very good investment. I am not real excited about PetroBakken. They have acreage in the Williston Basin, but it is outside the overpressured zone and will have wells that are not as producttive. I own KOG and think this is a much better play with moderate risk and very high upside. Primary Petroleum has a ton of acres in the Alberta Bakken. This is a pure spec play because no one knows for sure what its acres hold. The Alberta Bakken seems to have some hot spots around NFX and ROSE's acreage, but no word (that I know of) of any key finds. If this play is productive that far south, Primary will be huge, but if not they will not have a business. Another pure spec that I currently own is Lynden LVLEF.PK
    Sep 8, 2011. 01:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Players and Today's Metric: Exploding Production Per Share Growth [View article]
    Great article as always Z.
    Sep 8, 2011. 01:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Your guess is as good as mine on total acres in the Bakken, but I think this is a company with upside. Zenergy, Brigham and Continental are all operating wells that Earthstone has small interests in. If Earthstone can keep purchasing 3%-5% working interests in McKenzie County with good operators (especially Brigham) this stock could take off. Real tiny, and risky play but the first quarter results were very good. I had given them up for dead, looks like they are proving me wrong. I don't own this stock but own Brigham (BEXP).
    Sep 7, 2011. 06:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Large Caps Find Promising Prospects [View article]
    Thanks Jack
    Sep 7, 2011. 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Large Caps Find Promising Prospects [View article]
    I am a small to midcap investor. But if I was to own a large cap it would be EOG.
    Sep 7, 2011. 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Large Caps Find Promising Prospects [View article]
    I have heard the ascertion it is overpriced also, but find that hard to believe. The reason is not just growth but growth in liquids. I think there are several opinions out there about EOG that address it as a gas company. If we are to use that as a valuation then it is, but since this company is an emerging liquids play it is still cheap. The last quarter was just the beginning as I think it will be able to grow in liquids faster than the analysts are giving it credit for. What do you think? Since you own the name, what do you think is the best reason to own it?
    Sep 7, 2011. 11:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Large Caps Find Promising Prospects [View article]
    Thanks ChuckXX,
    Chesapeake is definately a love or hate type of company. I think there is some liquids growth potential, but also have heard their shareholders do not like all the money they have spent to get into some of these US unconventional liquids plays.
    Sep 7, 2011. 08:46 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Large Caps Find Promising Prospects [View article]
    I would guess both are interested in the Williston Basin, but have not found a deal to buy into a significant leasehold.
    Sep 7, 2011. 08:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part III [View article]
    Hi Jerry,
    Brigham is now planning 5.5 middle Bakken wells instead of 4, and also is talking about refracs. You are right about the importance of the new TF benches, but also, I think that most of the companies in the Bakken/Three Forks believe they can add more locations, but are playing it conservitively (check out Marathon). Thanks for the comment Jerry, and let me know if you find anything new, I would love to hear about it.
    Sep 6, 2011. 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment