Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Comparing Large Oil And Gas Names Working U.S. Land Plays, Part I [View article]
    I agree. If oil drops to $60 most of these companies are hedged enough to be ok.
    Oct 3, 2011. 11:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hammer,
    EOG grew oil production 35% in 2010, an estimated 52% this year and an estimated 30% in 2012. NGLs grew 29% in 2010, an estimated 34% this year and 18% in 2012. More importantly its liquids to gas ratio in 2008 was 71% gas and 29% liquids. In 2012, it estimates 74% liquids and 26% gas.

I don't see an excess supply of NGLs as it is easily transported, so it can be exported. There is always the possibility, but I don't see pricing pressure anytime soon.

EOG is cheap based on growth, but most importantly is cash flow. EOG is cheap because the market has priced in European defaults. I dont believe this will happen, but if it does this is just the beginning of the market getting beat up. A bigger problem with Europe, is its dragging its feet to get the problems addressed quickly. The longer they drag their feet the worse this will get.
    Oct 3, 2011. 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For Risk? Take A Look At These Micro Cap Oil And Gas Producers [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. To be honest, this is a tough company to value. The more speculative names I cover, are also difficult, but I make sure to get to know what other companies have done in the area. This company has acreage in areas I know very little about. Sorry, and wish I could be more help.
    Oct 1, 2011. 10:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Gas Producers Are Growing Liquids Production, Part II [View article]
    Texbuz,

I think you are right about ONEOK being a big player in gas pipelines in the Bakken. MDU is also in the play along with ENB and its Praire Rose expansion to hook up with its alliance pipeline. I am unsure if there are more names here in the Bakken. Either way, I like ONEOK at its current price.
    Sep 29, 2011. 12:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Gas Producers Are Growing Liquids Production Part III [View article]
    Big numbers, should get even bigger.
    Sep 28, 2011. 11:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Gas Producers Are Growing Liquids Production Part III [View article]
    I totally agree, but until there is a scare about the price of oil cutting into everyones extra cash to a point where it starts dragging the economy, we won't see anyone move. I am a proponent of T. Boone's idea about LNG powered vehicles. All that the government would have to do is mandate a percentage of government vehicles, but we could be a long ways away.
    Sep 28, 2011. 11:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Gas Producers Are Growing Liquids Production Part IV [View article]
    g8trgr8t,
    I am real interested in how much these numbers will improve, but think it could be significant. I am not well versed in this play (I am keeping an eye on it), but when a company gets that kind of production on its initial wells, I have to think you are right about much better numbers in the near future.
    Sep 28, 2011. 11:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Gas Producers Are Growing Liquids Production Part IV [View article]
    Thank you Mark.
    Sep 28, 2011. 11:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Gas Producers Are Growing Liquids Production Part IV [View article]
    Thanks Bob,
    I think NFX's Eagle Ford is very good, but as you said they are in a bunch of good plays and it is difficult to work them all like they should. The reason I like Newfield isn't just because they have made such a big shift, but more importantly is the marked improvement in IP rates. Newfield is one of those companies that have figured something out (BEXP has done well for sometime, and KOG more recently has had very good production numbers). I am unsure what the reason for this improvement is, but these three companies seem to be ahead of the curve. The only thing that has been brought up is using a much higher percent of proppant vs. sand, but I think there is more to it. I really like Newfield, good company with nice acreage.
    Sep 28, 2011. 11:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Gas Producers Are Growing Liquids Production Part IV [View article]
    Now would be a great time to do it. KOG seems very cheap given the very nice IP rates as of late.
    Sep 28, 2011. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Gas Producers Are Growing Liquids Production, Part II [View article]
    Part three is completed and waiting on editing. I am half done with the fourth part, I should have it completed today sometime.
    Sep 27, 2011. 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McKenzie County: The Number 2 Bakken/3 Forks Oil Producer [View article]
    Whiting announced some very good well results today.
    Sep 26, 2011. 04:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Top Energy Performers Over The Past 52 Weeks [View article]
    River18,
    This company has done real well. Companies in the Marcellus seem to be outperforming significantly.
    Sep 26, 2011. 10:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken, Oil Service and Refining Plays for the Second Half of 2011 [View article]
    TruffelPig,
    Both seem to be good plays. Thanks for the input.
    Sep 26, 2011. 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ur-Energy Incorporated: Up 300% in 6 Months [View article]
    omamdouh,
    I am currently out of the uranium market and will stay out until there is a change in some of these companies charts. I would hope this market will start moving soon, but for right now its dead money in my opinion.
    Sep 26, 2011. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment