Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Looking for the Next Samson? Speculative Stocks Sitting on Large Resources [View article]
    Ryan
    It may be a while but the price per acre could be very high. Much of these acres were purchased for very little. OXY must know more than we do. Congrats you have been pushing this name for a awhile now.
    Jul 30 01:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    thanks marco. I will look at this one
    Jul 30 01:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks marco
    Jul 30 01:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    They do have good physical assets but downside is much larger
    Jul 30 01:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Bill. Even with the quick double there is upside to this company. High risk/ reward.
    Jul 30 01:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I think samson will push the high 4s after We hear about it montana acres. This is an if,but I believe they will have very good numbers with HAL doing the work. This could be a while though.
    Jul 30 01:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Nonoperated acres are acres with no control of the physical drilling. By not having control costs are less but so is responsibility. Look for companies that have good partners. NOG is the best way to play this. A spec play with Bakken and niobrara is VOG.
    Jul 30 01:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I didn't know this play exhisted. Until one of its officers contacted me. I believe this company will announce a JV with a much larger company soon. I think its montana Bakken williston basin holdings are quite good.
    Jul 30 01:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I am real concerned with it 90000 acres of possible acquisition of williston basin Bakken in montana. Its niobrara acres and CHK nonoperated acres justify current share price. It will be interesting to see if it can produce IP rates at the level brigham did with its recent well. Have a great day.
    Jul 30 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree. Still cheap here.
    Jul 30 12:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Gr8trgr8t
    I looked at painted pony for thisarticle but it doesn't have the oily acres/market cap I wanted to see. Spec plays I would buy are names outside of a large resource area. These names I like because their acres are on the fringe of being derisked so northwestern williston basin Bakken. TPLM might be the best way to play this. I will be writing an article to address confusion about the players here. Roosevelt county is interesting here.
    Jul 30 12:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    both are very good companies and worth investing in. I own KOG, and will for some time. KOG may not be a spec play at this point when looking at de-risked acreage.
    Jul 25 01:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I like OXY, which is a solid long term investment, but as Jeep said will have trouble seeing significant growth. A safe play that will be able to grow would be EOG. Another company I like is DNR. That said OXY is still a good play. CXO also looks good. I will try to do an article on some of the bigger names in the future. Thanks for the kind words.
    Jul 25 01:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There is not much info on S. Alberta but to the north of Primary's acreage there is some. These are vertical wells, which are much cheaper to drill and complete. Average Initial production rates can vary but run in the 200 barrel per day range. It decreases to 60 barrels per day at 12 months. 35 barrels per day at 24 moths and 25 barrels per day at 36 months. EURs run between 125 to 146 MBoe. With oil at $102/barrel and gas at $4/mcf. These wells average a 450% rate of return.
    Jul 25 01:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DEJ looks good on paper, but it has been trading poorly. Because of the chart I would stay away from it. Even so, it could have some very good growth if some of its liquids plays pan out. Like any spec play, this one comes with very high risk.
    Jul 25 12:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment