Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Cramer Likes Continental In The Bakken: Here Are Some Others With Plenty Of Upside [View article]
    j. nyquist,

I have a feeling that Brigham is not open to a sale at this point so I don't see a deal happening for less than $60. Some of these Bakken names will start to look more attractive as takeaway capacity improves.
    Sep 17, 2011. 10:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mountrail County: Focal Point Of Williston Basin Oil Production [View article]
    If I had to hunt just one, I would track down the Koala. Not the biggest bear, but definitely an overachiever in the group.
    Sep 17, 2011. 01:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Lew,
    Of the speculative names I have covered LVLEF is in my opinion the best option. It has a very large number of acres with multiple pay zones for a company its size. I am still long Lynden and have been adding to my position. I do not hold a large position as it is still speculative, but I feel very good about this company. It is sitting at a very nice level to begin a position.
    Sep 17, 2011. 01:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Players And Today's Metric: Total Enterprise Value Vs. Production [View article]
    Great article Z, thanks for the info.
    Sep 16, 2011. 09:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Trin, and I agree.
    Sep 16, 2011. 01:26 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Oil Service Companies That Deserve More Love [View article]
    peter,
    I like both names, but from a growth standpoint, BAS is a better bargain at this point based on a higher percent of its business coming from pressure pumping. I think we will hear some very good things at the end of the third quarter. There are some fears that there will be less need for these services because of zipper fracs, but I think with all of the oil companies ramping production, pressure pumping will continue to have pricing power. As for when a good time to buy these names is, that depends. I think the S&P will have a tough time breaking through 1220. If it tests this level and pulls back, you may have another good opportunity.
    Sep 16, 2011. 12:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chuck,
    I wouldnt worry too much about lowering EPS estimates. There are several reasons this could be happening. An economic slowdown could decrease the price of Brent and WTI. Expectations can lower on delays in take out capacity like pipelines that are being delayed (Nebraska). Even with decreasing EPS estimates, much of any recession is already in these names.
    Sep 16, 2011. 12:49 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Trin,
    Bud is doing a very good job, and I see no reason for this to change
    Sep 15, 2011. 10:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    fvbridges,
    Although Samson's financial was in line with expectations, the Street is not very excited about high growth/high risk plays. Another issue is what Samson paid for its Montana Bakken acreage. As far as I know (and correct me if I am wrong) the terms were announced but not the cost. The last issue is the Niobrara. We dont have enough information on the DJ Basin to have proper ultimate recovery estimates.
    This is just my opinion, but I think Samson has done a very good job with its North Dakota Bakken wells. Haliburton is as good as it gets, and they know the Bakken very well. I also believe we will have very good but not great numbers from the Niobrara. All said, I do not own Samson here as I believe TPLM is a better play on valuation, but I think it is cheap here and I think they seem to be doing some good things in their business
    Sep 15, 2011. 10:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Jeep. I am headed to McKenzie County next.
    Sep 15, 2011. 09:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    lanz4,
    Thank you for your comments. I didnt list KOG as one of my holdings only because it wasnt used in this article. I plan on this posiiton to be a long term plays.
    Sep 15, 2011. 09:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    ash52,
    I thought it was ok, or at least very close to what I expected. It think Samson is less about where they are now, as the Niobrara and Montana Bakken will be what makes this company. I do believe SSN is cheap here based on those two assets.
    Sep 15, 2011. 09:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Craig,
    Thank you for the comment, as I may not have been as clear as I should. Brigham statistically performs better in every area that they drill. Its 24 hour IP rates are much better than competitors. When 30 and 60 day IPs are compared some of this evens out with the competition. It is possible that Brigham is the best at getting higher IP rates which should translate into better EURs, but right now this is hard to know. There are different ways of calculated 24 hour IPs, where the first hour of production is multiplied by 24 and used as an average or it is possible less restriction is used and more oil is just allowed to flow. I don't know which is true, but Brigham has done an excellent job and as you said (which I whole heartedly agree) indicators of a well-run, very capable company that is likely to gain & sustain advantage over competitors. Thanks again Craig, I appreciate your help.
    Sep 15, 2011. 03:53 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Oil Service Companies That Deserve More Love [View article]
    DeeMmm,
    I still own BAS also. Basic is one of those growth companies that has just gotten beaten up based on the possibility of a recession and lower oil prices. Be patient, as I think it will be October before this name starts to move again. At 6.6 times forward earnings, this company is a steal.
    Sep 14, 2011. 01:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Players and Today's Metric: Exploding Production Per Share Growth [View article]
    g8trgr8t,
    It will be interesting as to whether the Three Affiliates get this done. It would provide some very good jobs in the process.
    Sep 14, 2011. 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment