Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Market Pullback Creates Value In Small Bakken Oil Companies, Part IV [View article]
    I hope it does, I would prefer $8 though.
    Aug 29, 2011. 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Watch for new on the Koala wells. I think we hear about them sometime this quarter. The stock should pop big time if my guess is right. Bill Costello turned me to this name when it got cheap and he has been totally right.
    Aug 29, 2011. 06:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • RPC Inc.: A Hidden Gem In The Oil Well Services And Equipment Sector [View article]
    Jeff and TruffelPig,

The chart does look great, and one thing that will happen before year end is an offer to buy RES for a little over $40 a share. Thats a guess, but have a feeling the big players will be happy to fork over the cash for those pump trucks. I own RES and wish I would have bought calls when I first wanted to. Bought BAS calls instead, looks like it wasnt as good of a move. Have a great night guys.
    Aug 29, 2011. 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Pullback Creates Value In Bakken Oil Companies, Part III [View article]
    I dont think you have missed the fertilizer trade. I like potash over the other two nutrients, and I would play it with IPI or SQM. MOS and POT are still good bets as all will benefit, but I think Potassium is by far the most underutilized and is the most difficult to get when there is growth.
    Aug 29, 2011. 04:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Lynda,
    As I have really appreciated your comments, as they have helped me also.
    Aug 29, 2011. 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    KOG would have been great to own, I have done pretty well with TPLM and WNR. Both long term, and since I believe these companies may still get to 52 week highs this year I am going to hold on for a while.
    One thing about Kodiak, I think they will hit $7 real quick barring oil coming down to $80.
    Aug 29, 2011. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    dtsobool,
    Where is CPG's in the US. I thought they had some in the Alberta Bakken of Montana, but I am unsure. There have been some very good results (at least better than I expected) in Roosevelt County of the Williston Basin Bakken, but I am interested as to how far north in North Dakota some of these fringe players can still grab. Even if CPG didnt grab some North Dakota land they still have a huge inventory of wells to work off.
    Aug 29, 2011. 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    dtsobool,
    Thanks for the comment. I only included companies within the Willston Basin with acreage in the United States. The companies included were small caps with the largest being $1.23 billion (KOG). Crescent Point has good acreage and seems to be a good play, but did not meet the criteria for this string of articles.
    Aug 29, 2011. 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Bill,
    The Koala wells have been great with the 1200+ 30 day avg. How do you feel about the Dunn County wells. Kodiak is looking for EURs of 700 MBoe to 850 MBoe. I know only one of the past four wells were above 1200 30 day IP, but the last two I think were shut in. When do you think we will know if the Dunn County wells are validated, or are they already? Thanks in advance.
    Aug 29, 2011. 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There is a chance we could see a retest in October, but I find it unlikely. Nice thing about this is they are all still cheap.
    Aug 29, 2011. 12:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thaanks for the info.
    Aug 29, 2011. 12:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tim,
    Thats a very good basket of stocks. I am glad you have some NOG. Everyong forgot about this stock below $20. It is so cheap, and I would find it hard to believe it won't take off as some of the operators start increasing completions and all the well shut ins are opened up. I havent been pushing this name recently but I think it should be trading at around a 10% discount to BEXP (maybe even 5%). I expect NOG's numbers will be quite good for the fourth quarter.
    I am bullish HAL also. A couple of things have hit the stock prices of pressure pumping companies. It seems the street seems to think zipper fracs aka simul fracs decrease the amount of time needed and should push prices down. It also seems to think that companies obtaining unconventional resource will slow down drilling programs with the price of oil around $80. Its hard not to like oil service companies in this country. Thanks for the info Tim.
    Aug 28, 2011. 07:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 12 Oil Companies That Beat Earnings and Are Increasing Production [View article]
    Hi Charles,
    I think investors are wary of companies in the Gulf of Mexico after the BP disaster. Also, I don't think investors realize the value of its Permian acreage. This a very good area. At some point this will correct itself. Have a great night.
    Aug 27, 2011. 11:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bigazul,

This correction is overblown and you are right about it being the last value shopping we will get. How many different stocks do you have and which ones do you like best?
    Aug 27, 2011. 11:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    studythosestocks,

Thank for the info, I didnt know SSN added acreage in the Niobrara, but I have been getting bullish on SSN as it seems the stock has a bottom and should trade between $2 and $3. I will look up info on their 3300 net acres.
    Aug 27, 2011. 11:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment