Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The EPA And Fracking: How To Capitalize - Part 1 [View article]
    Thanks Jeep,
    One thing about water in North Dakota, the state is moving ahead quickly to get some regulations on the books about things that are worrisome from a pollution standpoint. I don't think we have an instance of frac contamination in the state (I could be wrong), but even wells that have blown seem to be clean or at least there is nothing in the water that wasnt there before. Will be an interesting time.
    Dec 15, 2011. 04:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The EPA And Fracking: How To Capitalize - Part 1 [View article]
    Thank you for the info Craig, I appreciate it.
    Dec 15, 2011. 04:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The EPA And Fracking: How To Capitalize - Part 2 [View article]
    Thanks for the info Mark,
    Posiedon is really interesting here. In North Dakota I am constantly hearing about the possibility of run off contamination, which Posiedon could take care of, not to mention those lucky enough to have oil on their land who worry about the reserve pits being covered on their property.
    Dec 15, 2011. 01:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The EPA And Fracking: How To Capitalize - Part 2 [View article]
    John,

I like both Gasfrac and Newalta. I think both have very good upside. Thanks for the kind words.
    Dec 15, 2011. 01:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The EPA And Fracking: How To Capitalize - Part 2 [View article]
    taeilts,

I think Heckman is right about an EPA led moratorium on fraccing. For one there is not enough proof that fraccing is the problem, if anything it is human error and those that cause pollution will get fined. That is not to say that certain regions will have much more strict rules. The Marcellus/Utica may see more problems with respect to regulations as there is more support in that area.

Any new regulations to clean frac water and pull more from the ground will benefit a company like HEK that has the capability to truck and store a very large amount of water. Its capacity could be used to transport by truck or pipeline to a treatment plant which would send the cleaned water back to the well site to be used again. There are a few other companies I believe have considerable upside but will be covering these names in other parts over the next week or so.
    Dec 15, 2011. 01:42 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The EPA And Fracking: How To Capitalize - Part 2 [View article]
    ungawah,

At least my timing is good.
    Dec 15, 2011. 12:33 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The EPA And Fracking: How To Capitalize - Part 2 [View article]
    Hi Chuck,

Thanks. I am up about 40% on FTK and started my position in HEK about a week ago. I think long term both are good stock picks, but short term there could be significant moves in the stock market, especially commodities.

I think it is possible high growth names could be cut in half, but the idea that a country wide frac moratorium would be imposed is pretty far out there. If any decisions are rendered I would guess there would be a time frame to get everything done. If you believe a fraccing moratorium is in the works then I would sell everything and wait for the pullback to buy your stocks back cheap, or even lighten your positions by a third or half. I for one do not think a federal mandate will come from the EPA with a moratorium. If there is one, from what I understand, North Dakota has already raised a million dollars to fight it.

In summary, I don't think there is any chance, but I didn't think the Packers would still be undefeated either.
    Dec 15, 2011. 12:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Is Kodiak's Acreage Better Than Brigham's? [View article]
    Edward,

The only company that has drilled Divide successfully has been Continental. They have some pads going in the area which are promising. If compared to Kodiak's Polar and Koala areas, I would guess southeast Divide would be about a third as good on an IP basis, maybe half. I think we will start seeing better wells as this area should be better than initial results given the geology of the area. Hope this helps, not as good but wells are cheaper to drill and in my opinion should make a decent profit.
    Dec 14, 2011. 06:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VI [View article]
    TP,
    I like the way you think, I tend to do the same thing. My advise tends to be a little conservative though. Thanks for the info.
    Dec 11, 2011. 08:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VI [View article]
    Steve,
    Recent drilling results have been quite poor. I would stay away until we have a better idea in Montana. It has value here, but bad news can kill a growth name like this.
    Dec 10, 2011. 06:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Is Kodiak's Acreage Better Than Brigham's? [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words Kemble.
    Dec 7, 2011. 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Comparing Kodiak's Acreage To Newfield's [View article]
    Coolhand,
    Thank you, its appreciated.
    Dec 6, 2011. 10:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Comparing Kodiak's Acreage To Newfield's [View article]
    Sailthesound,
    Thank you for the very good information, you are very knowledgable and I learned something new. If this is so, not only do Kodiak and Newfield look good, but Whiting may just show us a thing or two in the same area.
    Dec 6, 2011. 10:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Is Kodiak's Acreage Better Than Brigham's? [View article]
    kudj217,

From what I understand about WLL, is there are some worries about increasing costs. Currently WLL has some of the lowest well costs in the Bakken, but some are worried this will change.
    Dec 6, 2011. 09:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Is Kodiak's Acreage Better Than Brigham's? [View article]
    beastwood19,
    I am happy you have been doing well. IP could contribute to whether a company will be bought, but those IP rates need to be further out like 60 or 90 days. If there are a few wells that produce significantly higher resource, then there is a good possibility the surrounding wells will also do well and create more value to the acreage.
    Dec 6, 2011. 02:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment