Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Bakken, Oil Service and Refining Plays for the Second Half of 2011 [View article]
    Although it isn't a topic I have covered much, I think that MLPs are a great way to play the increase in pipeline utilization with oil and natural gas liquids. Oil is spoken of much more, especially with the oil flow from Canada, and other unconventional plays in the United States. I think we are a ways out from LNG being a huge pipeline factor, but in time it will be. As for CLNE, it is a buy here. This deal should push this stock up significantly. T. Boone has been pressing the issue, but has had difficulty in getting Congress to do anything. I think now he will do it on his own.
    Jul 12 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why to Buy This Bakken Pull Back? Production and Recovery Part 2 [View article]
    Thanks ChuckXX,
    I think buying back into TPLM would be ok, but I would wait a few days for the stock price to settle from Europes debt fears. TPLM comes with some risk. Most of its operated acreage in areas that I am unsure as to how wells will perform. Triangle is one of those stock that isnt on the radar quite yet. Which is an opportunity.
    Jul 11 11:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Oil and Gas Names With the Largest Increase From 52 Week Lows [View article]
    The heavier rare earths are going to have continued difficulty in meeting demand. I am with you in that I think China loves the price increases.
    Jul 11 12:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I have heard quite a few investors saying that China will flood the market, but at this point it would seem counterproductive as China will have the ability to store its rare earths to ensure they can continue to keep manufacturing jobs in the country. I would be real interested in how much pollution China has from extracting rare earths without proper extraction methods. Either way, I like rare earths going forward and think price increases are likely on the way.
    Jul 11 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think some of the reason the Eagle Ford EURs are as high as they are has to do with several different resource areas at different depths. A good example is the Giddings area where the Austin Chalk, Buda, Georgetown, and Eagle Ford are all oily areas to drill. Since each level can all be drilled the resource adds up quickly. Lynas is an interesting play. I think rare earths will do well for years, and China seems to want to keep prices high.
    Jul 11 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Leid,
    I bought some KOG, up pretty good. BAS and WNR have been my winners though. I like AXAS but not as well as KOG or TPLM. The one very interesting variable with AXAS has huge EUR numbers in their Eagle Ford acreage. If they are correct about that, the company is worth alot more than the street is valuating them at. MELEF is interesting, thanks for th tip.
    Jul 11 02:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Einstein,
    Congrats on your BEXP buy. You are gonna make a bunch of cash on that one. Bought mine for around $27. I like OAS but there are a few reasons I don't own the stock. The first is Brigham has better acres. The second is the high IP numbers catch investors eyes. Third OAS had a much worse quarter than BEXP, and looking over quarterlies over the past year, BEXP just sounds like a better deal. I still like both companies alot and would think OAS would also do well.
    Jul 11 02:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    gcmagone,
    River18 is totally correct. My take on VOG is they run an identical business as NOG but are buying into much smaller Bakken deals. I am ok with VOG as a spec play. The reason I have not included them in any of my write ups lately, is they didn't fit into the estimated ultimate recovery theme I was writing about. I think one could still buy VOG here. The only problem is their link to NOG could possibly pull VOG down in the short term. Could be some time yet until the smoke clears.
    Jul 11 01:52 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Gene,
    I really like this company, think it is cheap even at forward earnings.
    Jul 11 01:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Jeep,
    Ill do some checking around and see what I can find out.
    Jul 11 01:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks I appreciate it. If oil keeps going up it wont matter which ones you own. Hopefully they know something about their acres we dont and they have some huge numbers. GMXR is another company I could see getting bought. Have a great night.
    Jul 10 01:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I agree with getting out of GMXR, feels like a money pit to me.
    Jul 8 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the info Doc.
    Jul 8 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, I think most of this is already figured in but could make a very large movement in the stock depending on whether they come in at or above guidance. The low estimate for 2012 has TPLM's high estimate of 85 cents per share and low estimate of 14 cents and average of the 8 analysts of 39 cents. If TPLM comes in at the average it will have a PE of 18, If it comes in at high end of estimates this PE will be closer to 8. If TPLM comes in at 84 cents per share I figure it will trade for around 15 per share. TPLM could cut in half just as easy as it could double. I own TPLM, but I only use play money for this type of purchase and purchase stocks like BEXP for my retirement. The price of oil will be the deciding factor in how well TPLM does, plus I have faith in their non-operated acres, but wonder more about their operated acreage and how good of a job they will do in developing it. I am long anything related to oil long term as I share Barron's belief of oil at $150.
    Jul 8 02:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I do not recommend stocks, but I can tell you what I am doing. I own three times as much BAS then RES. BAS seems to have much better growth, while RES pays a dividend and would not have as much downside. CPX is a name I have thought about buying. If BAS does miss earnings or guide down for some reason, the stock could pull back hard so be careful. Have a great day.
    Jul 8 12:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment