Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    I agree with BEXP and KOG. KOG's well results were very good.
    Aug 5 03:32 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    Thanks Bill. I doubled my position.
    Aug 5 11:48 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking for the Next Samson? Speculative Stocks Sitting on Large Resources [View article]
    I like the company but I would let the market settle down before adding. If there was a company I would buy now it would be KOG. Very nice quarter.
    Aug 5 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources: Lots of Bakken Upside [View article]
    I am still following and am glad you asked. The single most important piece of info was the increase in EURs on Bakken wells from 518 MBoe to 603 MBoe. It also had average IP rates of 1188 Boepd with a high of 2240 Boepd. The highest numbers have come from its Eco Pad projects. This confirms viability and is also very exciting. I am a Bakken guy, but watch its Anadarko Woodford operations, some think there is more promise their than the Bakken. Don't get me wrong I think the Bakken will drive earnings, but the Anadarko is a very nice play. Thanks for commenting, and let me know what you thought about the earnings. I would buy CLR now, but I am playing BEXP and KOG. KOG was really nice today too, and check out the big beat by EOG.
    Aug 4 10:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Primary Petroleum's New JV Is Good for All Alberta Basin Bakken Players: Part I [View article]
    Tom,

Thanks for the info. This article was started as just an overview of companies working in the Alberta Bakken, but was changed after Primary's JV was announced.
    Aug 4 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Primary Petroleum's New JV Is Good for All Alberta Bakken Players: Part II [View article]
    Daylight's acreage is north of the acreage discussed by this article. Thanks for the question.
    Aug 3 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I do like DNR. They have really done a good job of obtaining sources of CO2, plus its EOR techniques are more economical than its Bakken wells (DNR estimates). I would not be surprised to see DNR continue to grow at a high CAGR for the next few years.
    Aug 3 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Primary Petroleum's New JV Is Good for All Alberta Bakken Players: Part III [View article]
    It would completely change the prospects of the play.
    Aug 3 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Don,
    I checked out the presentation, but will need to look further into the Green River Basin, as I do not know this basin well. Ill have to get back to you on this one.
    Aug 3 04:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    If it were my money, I would buy GDP. I would watch the oil stocks if you are looking for a time to buy. GDP just fell through its 200 day moving average. Because of this, I would watch for a bottoming of oil names. DVN had a very good quarter though.
    Aug 3 02:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, they have approximately 275000 net acres the last time I checked. Its Williston Basin acreage is quite good.
    Aug 3 09:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I know some about Devon and its acreage. What would you like to know?
    Aug 3 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It looks like Primary is working the Pendroy Fault. This is an additional 3 miles or so by my calculations from the most southern portion of Rosetta's land. It would seem each company is working a different "sweet spot". Primary's Bakken core sample looks thick enough to be at least a good producer, but the Three Forks widens out there also. Right now I am not as excited about other zones although it is possible they will have at least one conventional and then there is secondary recovery. I don't think the Alberta Bakken has very little chance of being the Williston Basin Bakken, but should be lucrative. It could be like the Niobrara though.
    Aug 3 01:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I could be wrong so someone correct me if I am, but it looks like the distance from the Northern Primary Petroleum border is about 4 miles straight south, but is about 7-8 miles from the location Primary is currently working. I think the Rosetta well is in what they believe to be an overpressured sweet spot.
    Aug 2 06:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Considering SM Energy Based on Massive Q2 Beat, Strong Volume and Upped Guidance [View article]
    Its hard not to like SM here. Nice quarter.
    Aug 2 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment