Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Mountrail County: Focal Point Of Williston Basin Oil Production [View article]
    ash52,
    I thought it was ok, or at least very close to what I expected. It think Samson is less about where they are now, as the Niobrara and Montana Bakken will be what makes this company. I do believe SSN is cheap here based on those two assets.
    Sep 15, 2011. 09:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Craig,
    Thank you for the comment, as I may not have been as clear as I should. Brigham statistically performs better in every area that they drill. Its 24 hour IP rates are much better than competitors. When 30 and 60 day IPs are compared some of this evens out with the competition. It is possible that Brigham is the best at getting higher IP rates which should translate into better EURs, but right now this is hard to know. There are different ways of calculated 24 hour IPs, where the first hour of production is multiplied by 24 and used as an average or it is possible less restriction is used and more oil is just allowed to flow. I don't know which is true, but Brigham has done an excellent job and as you said (which I whole heartedly agree) indicators of a well-run, very capable company that is likely to gain & sustain advantage over competitors. Thanks again Craig, I appreciate your help.
    Sep 15, 2011. 03:53 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Oil Service Companies That Deserve More Love [View article]
    DeeMmm,
    I still own BAS also. Basic is one of those growth companies that has just gotten beaten up based on the possibility of a recession and lower oil prices. Be patient, as I think it will be October before this name starts to move again. At 6.6 times forward earnings, this company is a steal.
    Sep 14, 2011. 01:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Players and Today's Metric: Exploding Production Per Share Growth [View article]
    g8trgr8t,
    It will be interesting as to whether the Three Affiliates get this done. It would provide some very good jobs in the process.
    Sep 14, 2011. 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Large Caps Find Promising Prospects [View article]
    My guess is there is a fear that EOG may have to raise capital to fund its accelerated development of the Eagle Ford. This is probably true, but I don't see the downside risk here given its execution in the short term. I really like EOG at 16 times next year's earnings.
    Sep 14, 2011. 10:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Triangle Petroleum Announces 2Q Results - Welcome To The Hockey Stick [View article]
    Z,
    Triangle is very cheap here. Northland Securites upgrade with $10.50 price target on Sept. 9th. Canaccord $10 price target. Howard Weil $11 price target on April 8th. The average price target from 8 analysts is $10. I have been covering this name since February 2nd, a while after you first wrote on the name. Your numbers are solid on Triangle and I may add, this company could significantly underperform expectations and still be cheap on its current valuation.
    We could see a big move in this stock at halfway through 2012 as they should have three operated rigs running by then. I have 2012 exit production around 2500 Boe/d. What are your thoughts, and does this seem acheivable? Have you heard anything about JV possibilities?
    Sep 10, 2011. 02:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part III [View article]
    cpurse1,
    I think you are speaking of the Bakken in the Alberta Basin. I did do an article on some of the players there.

seekingalpha.com/artic...

seekingalpha.com/artic...

seekingalpha.com/artic...

The Alberta Basin will probably be alot like the Niobrara. In Canada, it has developed well enough but nothing great. I would guess we will see much of the same from NFX and ROSE acreage on the U.S. side of the play.

The Cardium could be a little better than the Alberta around the Pembina Field. This is the biggest field in Canada
    Sep 10, 2011. 01:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Oil Service Companies That Deserve More Love [View article]
    I like all of the seismic companies from a long term perspective. Cost per acre can be as low as $75. As these plays see an increased ramp in production companies like GGS will have some pricing power. I think over the next year or so GGS continue to beat estimates.
    Sep 10, 2011. 12:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects [View article]
    Real puzzling.
    Sep 10, 2011. 12:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Pullback Creates Value In Small Bakken Oil Companies, Part I [View article]
    Thank you. Makes me happy that I can help, but remember you have helped me too.
    Sep 8, 2011. 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the update Z. Of the non-operated wells, were any a surprise to you with respect to IP rate? The NFX wells seem real good.
    Sep 8, 2011. 11:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Pullback Creates Value In Small Bakken Oil Companies, Part IV [View article]
    I really like BEXP (I own it), but this name comes with some risk. Linn is the least risky and a very good investment. I am not real excited about PetroBakken. They have acreage in the Williston Basin, but it is outside the overpressured zone and will have wells that are not as producttive. I own KOG and think this is a much better play with moderate risk and very high upside. Primary Petroleum has a ton of acres in the Alberta Bakken. This is a pure spec play because no one knows for sure what its acres hold. The Alberta Bakken seems to have some hot spots around NFX and ROSE's acreage, but no word (that I know of) of any key finds. If this play is productive that far south, Primary will be huge, but if not they will not have a business. Another pure spec that I currently own is Lynden LVLEF.PK
    Sep 8, 2011. 01:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Great article as always Z.
    Sep 8, 2011. 01:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Your guess is as good as mine on total acres in the Bakken, but I think this is a company with upside. Zenergy, Brigham and Continental are all operating wells that Earthstone has small interests in. If Earthstone can keep purchasing 3%-5% working interests in McKenzie County with good operators (especially Brigham) this stock could take off. Real tiny, and risky play but the first quarter results were very good. I had given them up for dead, looks like they are proving me wrong. I don't own this stock but own Brigham (BEXP).
    Sep 7, 2011. 06:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment