Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Playing the Fertilizer Trade With Potash [View article]
    Totally correct. Its salt business kept the revenues coming in during the recession. Intrepid the only pure potash play of the group.
    May 31 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where to Invest in the Upcoming Nuclear Renaissance (Part 3) [View article]
    I didnt see your comment before the last post. I agree with your assessment
    May 30 05:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Where to Invest in the Upcoming Nuclear Renaissance (Part 3) [View article]
    I think it could affect nuclear, but it is far enough away that I am not too worried about it. When Germany has to begin buying electricity from France they may change their minds. I think we may hear a couple of countries have a problem with it, but not countries like India and China, as they will need to find other resources.
    May 30 05:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources: Lots of Bakken Upside [View article]
    I like all three of those names. I also like WLL and DNR.
    May 30 05:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing the Fertilizer Trade With Potash [View article]
    Thank you. The way I understand it is Compass will double it production for the time frame of 2008 to 2015. If their environmental impact statement is completed plus they find demand warrants (and it will), then they will begin expanding their solar pond expansion. If everything goes as planned they could double production again from the estimated 570000/tons per year estimated in 2015. I do not think that this number will double in five year, but new production could start as early as 2016 but I am unsure how much they plan to expand and how quickly they will be able to increase production. I am currently focusing on the 570000 tons/year plus the 40000 short tons per year from the Big Quill purchase. Hope this helps.
    May 30 05:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where to Invest in the Upcoming Nuclear Renaissance (Part 3) [View article]
    I would add to your position here if you can. CXZ has a very good chance of touching new highs by the end of the year. That is if there is no more bad news.
    May 28 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Current Undervalued High-Fliers [View article]
    Great article. URRE and URZ are an intresting trade. CXZ and URG are looking real good up huge friday. It looks like a sector Breakout but we will see next week. I currently own URZ and URRE.
    May 28 07:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where to Invest in the Upcoming Nuclear Renaissance (Part 3) [View article]
    I agree.
    May 27 10:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where to Invest in the Upcoming Nuclear Renaissance (Part 1) [View article]
    thanks for the comment
    May 27 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where to Invest in the Upcoming Nuclear Renaissance (Part 1) [View article]
    Thank you. I think smaller, modular reactors are by far the best way to play this. Most think that the biggest issue countries have for using nuclear is the fear of an accident like the one in Japan. The biggest issue for smaller countries are startup costs/time associated with building the reactor. Because an investment in nuclear does not begin to pay off right away and the costs associated are so large, it makes it difficult for a country with a very small GDP to start a program. I think BWC is the best way to play nuclear infrastructure, although I am speculating.
    May 27 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where to Invest in the Upcoming Nuclear Renaissance (Part 1) [View article]
    Im sorry, but is your question asking about a play on companies that make parts for nuclear reactors, or make parts to recycle uranium fuel? Thanks
    May 27 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where to Invest in the Upcoming Nuclear Renaissance (Part 1) [View article]
    It can be recycled, but due mostly to proliferation worries it isnt done in the US. Thank you for the comment.
    May 27 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where to Invest in the Upcoming Nuclear Renaissance (Part 1) [View article]
    Thanks for you comment Bob. Could you explain how storage works for wind and solar, and why we are not currently using it for baseload on a larger scale. Could you list the costs of geothermal, wind and solar when compared to nuclear.
    May 27 09:21 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where to Invest in the Upcoming Nuclear Renaissance (Part 3) [View article]
    I think its a great idea. Most of the ETFs cover more then just uranium companies. The ETFs include companies that build reactors, companies that produce the parts to build the reactors, and utilities like Exelon. URA is the most exposed to uranium. Its top ten holdings are mostly miners like Cameco, Uranium One, Paladin, Uranium Resources, etc.
    May 27 12:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where to Invest in the Upcoming Nuclear Renaissance (Part 3) [View article]
    Thank you. USEC had a great day today. I would love to say this company will outperform, but the company has had some difficulty generating profits for shareholders. I would say the miners are a better place to be right now, but I am still going to watch the name close. I do believe that USEC will go up over the next couple of years with the price of uranium, just not as much as URRE, URZ, UEC and URG.
    May 27 12:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment