Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VII [View article]
    Global Investor,

Look at BEXP's most recent presentation, the numbers are all there. Cost per well is on page 3 under the second subheading Outstanding Returns, which also gives the estimated NPV. Page 5 states 88 North Dakota Bakken and Three Forks Wells Average IP ~ 2,797 Boepd. Here is the link to the October Presentation.

Could you please send me the link where it says Brigham's well costs will hit $10 million, and that its average IP rate is 1500 Boe/d. I would really appreciate it.
    Nov 3, 2011. 02:15 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VII [View article]
    ChuckXX,
    After EOG's numbers today, I would hope investors will begin to climb back in on this name.
    Nov 3, 2011. 02:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VII [View article]
    Bill,
    Those are some unbelievable numbers, especially with a well cost of $6.35 million.
    Nov 3, 2011. 02:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VII [View article]
    Bill,

How are they different, I have noticed Marathon has not had exceptional results. Thanks Bill
    Nov 2, 2011. 04:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VII [View article]

Here are the links to the articles, have a great day.
    Nov 2, 2011. 03:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VII [View article]
    Thanks Jeep,

The one thing that I have a tough time with is Newfield's recent run of very good wells. It seems costs increased dramatically when it began to increase IP rates. I am wondering what the split of proppant to sand is now, and if companies like Newfield, Kodiak and Brigham increased production by using a higher percentage (plus increased stages and etc.) I am sure some is pressure pumping, but Brigham had noticed huge increases in well services, but were able to offset with pad drilling, zipper fracs, sliding sleeves, etc. I am wondering if Newfield is going to take a quarter or two off from the Bakken and when the weather is good, they will have the infrastructure in place to get liquids in and out plus get a couple of rigs on pads. Its getting interesting, I guess Marathon's costs werent too bad, but havent looked over their quarter yet. Have a great day Jeep and talk to you soon.
    Nov 2, 2011. 01:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VII [View article]
    gotribe,
    Thank you, and I wish I was. It doesnt pay to be long winded here.
    Nov 2, 2011. 12:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VII [View article]
    Global Investor,
    Thanks for your comments. Brigham has an average IP rate of 2797 Boe/d as an average of its Bakken/Three Forks wells in North Dakota. If we were to only include its Ross wells this number increases to 3171 Boe/d. http://bit.ly/qLRG7r
    Brigham's EURs are between 500 and 700 Mboe (This estimate includes Montana which is not as good.). Brigham's average cost per well is $8.9 million.
    PetroBakken's IP rates are between 200 and 250 bbls/day and an EUR of 190 MBoe. Its cost per (bilaterals) well is $2.58 million.
    I am fairly certain the net profit per well is not higher for PetroBakken than Brigham. Brigham at 80 oil has an NPV of $8.7 million. PetroBakken has an NPV of $5.1 million and it is using $90 oil.
    Nov 2, 2011. 11:44 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VI [View article]
    I think its a little better due to results around Samson's acreage. Both are probably commercial, but it will depend on how many Bakken wells that can be drilled for every 1280 acres, plus the number of Three Forks wells. I think Triangle's acreage has more upside. This stock is trading very cheap compared to other Bakken names, which I am guessing the reason to be its Station Prospect and the little amount of de-risking in the area. I like both acreages.
    Nov 2, 2011. 01:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part IV [View article]
    I really like BAS. I have a moderate position now, and will add on pullbacks.
    Nov 1, 2011. 10:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part VI [View article]
    Thanks,
    Not a bad price.
    Nov 1, 2011. 10:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part V [View article]
    I agree snakesalive, Primary is very interesting here.
    Oct 31, 2011. 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part V [View article]
    tamaman,
    I have been watching DEJ for the better part of a year now. This stock is a difficult one as it has seen alot of trading traffic, so it bounces all over the place. If I were to buy a name like this I would buy some after it falls for a few days in a row, see if you get a pop, then get out. I don't think this is a good stock to buy long term because we don't know for sure what it is worth. There are a lot of small names that are positioned in areas with significant long term upside, that don't have this amount of risk, but if you like to trade it is worth a shot.
    Oct 31, 2011. 10:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Update: Should Risk Be Bought In This Market? [View article]
    Bill,
    I have gotten quite a few emails about this stock (plus others) that have taken profits on KOG. Do you think KOG is still cheap given its assets above $7/share. Also, being a value guy, what would be a good price to get back in? Thanks for the tip on this name you were all over this one.
    Oct 31, 2011. 09:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Update: Should Risk Be Bought In This Market? [View article]
    That was a very good idea. It looks like KOG will break out to the upside at $7.50 (thats a guess). I think $7.50 could be a tough barrier and the stock will trade sideways for a while. If you get a couple more days like today, I would recommend starting a position slowly. Have a great day.
    Oct 31, 2011. 09:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment