Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Cramer Likes Continental In The Bakken: Here Are Some Others With Plenty Of Upside [View article]
    No but I am looking to buy into SSN. I think TPLM is a better value but both are cheap above $70 oil. TPLM has no hedges so watch the price of oil
    Aug 25, 2011. 10:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree. CHK and MRO are conservative names and I too believe they have good prospects but like CHK a little better. How do you feel about EOG? With respect to the oil majors I think an investor is better served to own the best in breed like wnr or hfc as a refiner and a best in breed pipeline along with an oil producer
    Aug 25, 2011. 10:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the info Craig
    Aug 25, 2011. 07:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    ChuckXX,
    I am not a rich guy but I have accumulated quite a few shares of Brigham spread out over a few different accounts. Did Mr. Henery state that was an average number over Continental's leasehold, or what it would cost using current land values?
    Aug 25, 2011. 05:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Jeep,
    I agree about TPLM. It has a 212 million dollar market cap, and has $110 in cash with no debt. I wish i could buy the mineral rights to 72000 net acres in the Bakken for 102 million ($1417/acre). That is if zero/acre in value for the 413000 acres in Nova Scotia. The play is gassy, but it has to have some value. I bought some April of 2012 $5 calls on TPLM back when the stock dipped below $4. Have made some money, but will probably will let it ride for a while. I think in the short to mid term it could see $7/share if the market warms a little to the oil producers.
    Aug 25, 2011. 04:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Samson is very cheap here. From what I understand Samson is doing quite well with its Niobrara acreage and I was impressed with the North Stockyard results. I wish I new what Samson is paying for its Montana acreage, but until then I am still excited about the prospects in Roosevelt County. It looks like $3/share is resistance so this is possibly a good trade, but longer term when we get a better idea of results I think the market will back up to Samson.
    Aug 25, 2011. 04:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment trin, I agree.
    Aug 25, 2011. 04:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    jjmc2001,
    KOG and BEXP are my favorites, but there is nothing wrong with CHK or MRO either. These could have easily been on this list but I have not heard word as to where CHK's acreage is only that they "may" have around 300000 net acres in the play. MRO should continue to outperform as well. I mostly invest in smaller companies, which is why KOG, BEXP and TPLM are favorites. TPLM may have the most appealing share price, but it is a bit of a gamble.
    Aug 25, 2011. 04:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think the Bakken cost per barrel F&D ranges from $15 to $20, but I cant say what that is for each individual company. As for rate of decline in production there are some variances, but I think the rate decreases by 70% the first year with the majority of production obtained in the first three years. I think you are right about the market not believing in the growth rates, but what I think they need to understand is these wells push out a very large amount of oil in just the first year. This payback allows for quick revenue that can be put to work in new wells. There is also some concern as to how much oil will come from each well. The naysayers don't believe these wells can produce 500000 to 900000 Boe. There is as much of a chance that these wells will produce more, we just havent been in these plays long enough to know what the EURs are. The nice thing is these as these plays continue to roll out oil, the investor is getting new shares on the cheap.
    Aug 25, 2011. 04:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Pullback Creates Value In Small Bakken Oil Companies, Part II [View article]
    Thanks for the comment trin. I totally agree. Brigham is very cheap here.
    Aug 24, 2011. 08:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Paulus,
    You are right about the transparency issue, but Credo has substantially improved its business over the past couple of years. This is more of a play on Kansas oil than anything else, but with the risk in this name, I like TPLM much better. Thanks for the comment.
    Aug 24, 2011. 09:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    ChuckXX,
    I do like CLR at this price. It is a little more expensive than BEXP, but has (approx. 90000 net acres) in the Woodford. No one talks about this play, but I believe it could be one of the best in the country. Right now risk is getting beaten up and that is why CLR is trading at a higher forward multiple. My belief is the economy will slowly grow this year and will remain a little sluggish, but the oil market should hold up and in that case BEXP will be a better growth story. I think positions can be added to $30 right now. As for CLR, I also really like this company too, a liittle safer. I currently hold a large part (25% of my portfolio in BEXP) and do not own CLR. To sum this up, if you want downside protection CLR is the better bet, and if you believe the market has slowed a little but will continue to have growth BEXP is the better play.
    Aug 24, 2011. 09:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • RPC Inc.: A Hidden Gem In The Oil Well Services And Equipment Sector [View article]
    Very good article. RES is a steal here, and there are several companies that would love to have its pressure pumping business.
    Aug 23, 2011. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Pullback Creates Value In Small Bakken Oil Companies, Part I [View article]
    I think Mountainview has value here also. I will be writing about Mountainview in one of the parts of this writeup. As for TPLM, I think it has value here. I do not know if the stock is worth $10/share, but believe $8 is not out of the question. One of the reasons I really like TPLM is not only its acreage, but also its cash position. I think TPLM will generate enough cash to cover costs of it operated acreage. As for its Station Prospect, it is difficult to know what wells will do here, as there is not alot of information. But there are alot of very good operators in that area, so I am sure we will know its value fairly soon. Thanks for the comment it is appreciated.
    Aug 23, 2011. 03:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Glad it worked out for you. I bought calls yesterday.
    Aug 23, 2011. 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment