Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    Brigham Exploration(BEXP) was upgraded at Stifel Nicolaus from Hold to Buy. Valuation call, based on a $35 price target.
    Aug 11, 2011. 10:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    Thanks Joe and Tack,

Things will definately get interesting from here. The S&P chart yesterday was a tough one to digest.
    Aug 11, 2011. 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Primary Petroleum's New JV Is Good for All Alberta Bakken Players: Part III [View article]
    All good points, but one thing to remember. ROSE and NFX would not be developing this play if it was not economic. If they say it is not economic, I will have no problem agreeing. Thanks for the comment and have a great day.
    Aug 11, 2011. 01:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Northern Oil and Gas: A Good Response to Second Quarter Results [View article]
    Chesapeake says it has a substantial acreage in the Willston Basin. Since the announcement, they have not said much, as you probably already know. I have heard rumors of 300000 to 600000 acres, but nothing is confirmed and these are just rumors. My guess is they have already come to an agreement with one or more parties. This is all speculation, but one point I would like to make is CHK is one of my favorite large oil and gas e&p out there. They have alot of rigs to move from gassy plays to oily ones and have the acres to push into production. I wish I had concrete info for you, but I do not.
    Aug 11, 2011. 01:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Second Quarter Earnings in the Bakken [View article]
    g8trgr8t and Jeep,
    I have been pushing through Brigham's numbers. If the economy stabilizes (Big If), I would not be surprised if BEXP has a full year EPS between $1.70-$1.80. Watch the cost savings associated with zipper fracs (20%) and pad drilling (10%). I think the pipeline is figured in to some extent extent and not sure how to figure sliding sleeves, but the ramp up in production in the third and fourth quarter could be great.
    Aug 10, 2011. 11:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Second Quarter Earnings in the Bakken [View article]
    Thanks Neal,
    S&P broke down in a big way today. From a chart perspective, we no longer have a floor. 1120 still is a big level, but I am guessing 1050 is next if we do not see some clarity. I liked the oil, gas, diesel numbers today.
    Aug 10, 2011. 11:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Jeep,
    I think third quarter numbers could be way above current estimates.
    Aug 10, 2011. 06:12 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Second Quarter Earnings in the Bakken [View article]
    Bill and Jeep,

What did you think of the move by NOG after missing earnings? Came up short and still up big. Was this an oversold situation, hedge position, unrealized hedging gains, or outlook?
    Aug 9, 2011. 10:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Second Quarter Earnings in the Bakken [View article]
    Good words Jeep
    Aug 9, 2011. 10:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Second Quarter Earnings in the Bakken [View article]
    Trin,
    I couldn't agree more. I wasnt down 6 figures, but I bought some out of the money calls and thought I lost a bunch. It looks like a bottom was placed in the S&P at 1120. I am treading lightly as we could retest that number (hopefully not). Hopefully oil trades in the $80-$90 range for a while.
    Aug 9, 2011. 05:16 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Names on Sale: Companies With Favorable Valuations [View article]
    Thank you. I hope EVEP continues to produce.
    Aug 9, 2011. 02:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Find Opportunities After a Flood of 20% Decliners Last Week: Part 1 [View article]
    I agree Alan
    Aug 9, 2011. 01:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    KOG
    Aug 9, 2011. 01:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment. I wouldn't go so far as to say it is not economic. It is still early in identifying as to how prolific this play can be as locations are added to the current acreage. Right now there are just samples as to what they believe the Bakken will produce. I am not saying that this will pay as good as the Williston Basin, just saying that we may find out more as this play. This is what Newfield's President, chairman and CEO Lee Boothby had to say about the play.

And the Southern Alberta basin, we've continued to grow our acreage position over the course of the last 18 months. We
    announced some 320,000 net acres that we have today. We drilled the vertical wells that we told you that we were going to
    drill. We've got a couple of horizontal wells that we've completed. We're going into a vertical testing program right now, frankly,
    that's part of our assessment program. The only thing that's held us back there, and I'd say we're a few months behind of the
    original schedule that we talked about, is just getting services and equipment into the region, because that's a service- and
    equipment-poor area. And anything within 150, 200 miles of the Williston Basin, hears the giant sucking sound of the Williston
    basin gravitational pull.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the viability of the play until all zones are delineated. Have a great day.
    Aug 9, 2011. 12:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment