Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    Hi Mike,
    I sold my position on Monday. These smaller stocks really were getting beaten up. If you still have your position, I would hold on. That was all fear selling and I think that its Montana acreage could be pretty good given the BEXP well result close by. I would watch it on Monday, just to make sure there isnt a really bad reaction, which I dont think will happen. Samson's story is still the same, but I see no reason not to own it as long as they can buy into CHK's wells in the Niobrara and have HAL working the Niobrara and Williston Basin.
    Aug 6, 2011. 10:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    OPEC said they thought oil prices were fair at $100/barrel and I think they were referring to Brent. So if oil continues to fall, I think that Saudi Arabia may not add all of the oil they had promised. Even if OPEC doesn't QE3 will. The only problem with a recession (which I think we may already be in, but don't panic It is not severe), is that the government will not be able to spend more to support the economy. They may be forced to cut federal programs more and cut taxes. Thanks for the comment Mike, I think you are right, and I bet the OPEC is already talking about lowering production.
    Aug 6, 2011. 09:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    Thanks Jeep,
    As always, great answer. I will be interested to see how many wells have this good of a result. I still remember when I asked Bill about his talk with Kodiak and how I thought Kodiak's EURs were high. Bill told me he didnt know for sure if they would have EURs in the 750M to 850M Boe range, but he told me he was sure Kodiak believed in those numbers.
    Aug 6, 2011. 09:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    Thats a very good question. I did look around a bit, but I don't have a very good answer. Im not even totally sure I am right about my estimated position. If anyone else can help with this question it would be great. Thanks sligoo, but one thing I want to point out about that well is we do not know how Newfield calculated the flow from this well. If they are calculating flow by taking the first hour of production and multiplying by 24 this number would not be as impressive. I think we should wait for the well results to become public and get of the confidential list. Have a great night, and sorry I didnt have the answer.
    Aug 6, 2011. 09:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking for the Next Samson? Speculative Stocks Sitting on Large Resources [View article]
    KOG's 2 well results were alot better than expected. Seems that Kodiak's EUR's are right.
    Aug 6, 2011. 04:40 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    Bill,
    After the well results for KOG, where do you see its stock price going over the next year or so? Also, we are beginning to see some of the mark to market derivative losses from the first quarter becoming gains in the second quarter. Because of this, aren't many of these hedged names somewhat insulated from the decrease in oil price? I bought BEXP Aug $28 calls at the end of the trading day. I hope you and I are right about Brigham's quarter. Options trading pointed to an 8% move in its stock.
    There is one other stock I would love your opinion on. I have been on the BAS bandwagon for sometime, and have seen the stock pull back really hard. It now trades at 8.5 times next years earnings, do you think this stock is inexpensive here? Thanks in advance Bill
    Aug 5, 2011. 11:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    Jeep,
    I am surprised that KOG has stayed at this level for this long. Even with the series of misses and being a bit unfriendly to investors it still is very cheap even if there is a double dip (I dont believe this will happen).
    Aug 5, 2011. 11:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    sligoo,
    I had to do some digging to find the well as it is still on the confidential list. Wiseness Federal 152-96-4-2H is located southeast of williston and south of the river.
    Aug 5, 2011. 11:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    I agree with BEXP and KOG. KOG's well results were very good.
    Aug 5, 2011. 03:32 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Setting the Stage for Pure Bakken Players [View article]
    Thanks Bill. I doubled my position.
    Aug 5, 2011. 11:48 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I like the company but I would let the market settle down before adding. If there was a company I would buy now it would be KOG. Very nice quarter.
    Aug 5, 2011. 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources: Lots of Bakken Upside [View article]
    I am still following and am glad you asked. The single most important piece of info was the increase in EURs on Bakken wells from 518 MBoe to 603 MBoe. It also had average IP rates of 1188 Boepd with a high of 2240 Boepd. The highest numbers have come from its Eco Pad projects. This confirms viability and is also very exciting. I am a Bakken guy, but watch its Anadarko Woodford operations, some think there is more promise their than the Bakken. Don't get me wrong I think the Bakken will drive earnings, but the Anadarko is a very nice play. Thanks for commenting, and let me know what you thought about the earnings. I would buy CLR now, but I am playing BEXP and KOG. KOG was really nice today too, and check out the big beat by EOG.
    Aug 4, 2011. 10:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Primary Petroleum's New JV Is Good for All Alberta Basin Bakken Players: Part I [View article]
    Tom,

Thanks for the info. This article was started as just an overview of companies working in the Alberta Bakken, but was changed after Primary's JV was announced.
    Aug 4, 2011. 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Primary Petroleum's New JV Is Good for All Alberta Bakken Players: Part II [View article]
    Daylight's acreage is north of the acreage discussed by this article. Thanks for the question.
    Aug 3, 2011. 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I do like DNR. They have really done a good job of obtaining sources of CO2, plus its EOR techniques are more economical than its Bakken wells (DNR estimates). I would not be surprised to see DNR continue to grow at a high CAGR for the next few years.
    Aug 3, 2011. 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment