Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • How To Play The Niobrara's Silo Field - Part II [View article]
    Hi Bob,

I agree with the Permian being better (depending on location) than the Niobrara. But the point I am trying to make with this play has to do with location. I think the Wyoming part of the DJ Basin is not very good, except at the southern most border. It has been difficult drilling so far, but northern Colorado and the Wattenberg extension are interesting giving the low cost to drill. Some of the wells having close to 80% oil are quite good, and pay back very quick. Comparing the DJ Basin to a play like the Eagle Ford, Bakken, Permian, etc. could be tough to do, but if we can pinpoint specific areas I think those companies will do quite well. Have a good night Bob.
    Apr 26 09:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eagle Ford Shale Initial Production And Estimated Ultimate Recovery [View article]
    Hi Mike,

Ecosphere is real interesting because the company basically just makes the mobile units and has little to do with the technology (Hydrozonix owns that). Right now Ecosphere is guaranteed so many trucks a year given the contract with Hydrozonix. That is just a side point, but I like several of the names here, but I like Ecosphere because this particular system not only can recycle flow back, but also can be used on freshwater to render everything in that water inert. Basically what this means, is it can eliminate the majority (maybe all from what I understand) of chemicals used in frac fluid. The flowback is run through this system and it cleans 80% of the water which can go right back down the hole (mixed with fresh water first). Out of the names in this space I like Ecosphere. I have to disclose I own the stock, but also I am on the board of directors of a frac water recycling company that uses Hydrozonix technology.
    One thing I will say, is if you have some speculative money (have to be ok with losing it) this space is a good one to get into given water costs are a bit out of control in some areas. Have a great night.
    Apr 26 09:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Midstates Petroleum IPO Pricing: Too Cheap To Pass Up [View article]
    Bill,

Do you think MPO is fairly valued at its current price?
    Apr 26 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Resolute: Stable Production and a Bakken Upside [View article]
    blueice,

Resolute has been an interesting company, and it looks to have value but I think its biggest problem is investors don't really get the story (in all honesty, I am unsure as to where the stock is going), but it has hit estimates all but the last quarter. I think the Bakken part of the story has not been as good as hoped, with production being a little on the light side in western williams, but costs are not bad in this area.
    Apr 25 10:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Al,

Thanks for the well thought post. It is hard to argue Point Pleasant's upside. If I had to guess how this area will produce (and this is a true guess) it will not produce as well as the Eagle Ford, but will be a very good economic play. That said, I will be more interested in the well spacing than well results. Given the shale thickness in areas, it could support more locations than the Eagle Ford. If this is the case, total resource could be more. Have a great night.
    Apr 24 11:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Take On SandRidge [View article]
    Oil 1111,

I would still have to lean towards KOG, based on its acreage. I think that SD has a lot going for them given all the locations and its drilling program, but KOG is sitting on what may be some of the best acreage in the United States. This is not to say that this acreage is better than EOG's Gonzales County acreage in the Eagle Ford, but given the 2nd through 4th benches of the Three Forks, could have something very special in its Koala, Polar and Dunn County projects.
    Apr 24 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    sundowner,

No problem at all. It has 4945 net acres in Gonzales, DeWitt, Karnes, and Wilson counties (very good area), 4372 net acres in Atascosa County operated by EOG (really like this, as EOG will do this right), 10465 net acres in La Salle (not bad acreage, but results have been all over the map here), 8891 net acres in Zavala County (Like La Salle). I own this stock, and like its value here. I could be wrong, but I think much of this acreage is sitting on top of the Austin Chalk which should be another good target along with the Buda. Hope this helps.
    Apr 19 03:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eagle Ford Shale Play In Gonzales County [View article]
    Orange,

There are some specific areas I like in the Marcellus. As you probably know most is real gassy, but there are some liquids rich areas around the southwest corner of Pennsylvania. These areas should continue to do well. If I were to point to one company i like, it would be GST. I do not own the name, but its acreage looks appealing.
    Apr 19 11:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Dunn County Q4 Initial Production Rates [View article]
    Thanks for the update g8tr, I think it is the first of many. Should continue to see great results from Kodiak.
    Apr 19 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Leverage Higher Oil Prices With These Small Oil Producers [View article]
    I like LEI here, given what we know about their Eagle Ford acreage. I still think someone will buy them, but not hearing any good rumors about it at this time.
    Apr 19 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Chuck,

It may be a little rich right now, but it is doing all the right things and that requires a bit of a premium. If you beleive they will continue to outperform, then the stock isn't so expensive. I like them here, and think starting a position at $100 is a good price, but if the price of oil pulls back significantly then the stock is a little pricey.
    Apr 19 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sundowner,

I have and also own it. MTDR seems to have more value here than say SN (which I also own). I think the stock has pulled back further than it should have, given the price of oil.
    Apr 19 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eagle Ford Shale Play In Gonzales County [View article]
    nmlobo6,

I am long SN as a pure play on the Eagle Ford. I think its Gonzales acreage is excellent, although it is only 10% of its acreage. I also own MTDR and think it has some nice upside from here. SN should be able to grow into its valuation, or at least that is what I am hoping.
    Apr 17 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: The Three Forks Has Huge Potential [View article]
    ND Boy,

Where in North Dakota do you live?
    Apr 14 02:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: The Three Forks Has Huge Potential [View article]
    Right Always,

Thanks for the comment. Chesapeake is a difficult one specifically with its acreage in Stark County. The Three Forks still has decent thickness in this county, but it would seem the results were very poor as CHK has decided to pull out two of its rigs and not honor the leases it signed. I would have to Have a great day.
    Apr 10 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment