Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Bakken Update: How Good Is Kodiak's New Acreage? Part I [View article]
    ChuckXX,
    Even with all of these unconventional plays in the United States, it probably will not push down the price of oil very much. I would guess the price of WTI will continue to move higher.
    Nov 21, 2011. 01:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: How Good Is Kodiak's New Acreage? Part I [View article]
    Vartu,
    I think NOG is a great way to play the middle Bakken and Three Forks formations. The non-operated model helps to decrease well costs.
    Nov 21, 2011. 01:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: How Good Is Kodiak's New Acreage? Part I [View article]
    Thanks kolz
    Nov 20, 2011. 11:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: How Good Is Kodiak's New Acreage? Part I [View article]
    tipalia,
    Take a look at this link, and please ask if you have questions as I would love to help.
    If you have any specific questions, please ask as there are others on this site who are very helpful (and much better versed on this topic).
    Nov 20, 2011. 11:57 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: How Good Is Kodiak's New Acreage? Part I [View article]
    Nick,

Bo/d is Barrels of oil per day
    Boe/d is Barrels of oil equivilent per day (this includes the natural gas and natural gas liquids produced)
    A long lateral is generally referred to as a length of 1280 acres or around 10000 feet. A short lateral is 640 acres (a section) or about 5000 feet. I have seen longer laterals of 2560 acres, or about 20000 feet, but this is rare and I am unsure how well this is going for the producer. Take a look at this link
    It will help to give an idea of what stages are. It says a stage is done every thousand feet, but remember stages can be any length. Right now it seems some areas are doing the best at 30 stages to 38 stages, depending on location. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Nov 20, 2011. 11:53 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Oasis And Denbury Continue To Improve Initial Production [View article]
    derbon99,
    I think the production target is attainable even if the Polar wells do not have EURs that of the Koala. Realistically, I think this acreage is as good if not better than the Koala, so there could be some upside here. Never know for sure.
    Nov 20, 2011. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Scott,
    Thank you, and yes I am still long TPLM.
    Nov 20, 2011. 01:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Hess And SM Energy Not Seeing Cost Pressures [View article]
    Your welcome Bob.
    Nov 19, 2011. 01:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Hess And SM Energy Not Seeing Cost Pressures [View article]
    You too
    Nov 18, 2011. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Hess And SM Energy Not Seeing Cost Pressures [View article]
    I am not totally sure on this one, but you are right they have been executing. It looks like this stock headed upward.
    Nov 17, 2011. 11:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Hess And SM Energy Not Seeing Cost Pressures [View article]
    SDCJF.PK
    MNVWF.PK
    I like both sundance and mountainview, but another company that I have seen a move in the right direction is ESTE. They have bought into some good wells in the Bakken (non-operator). A stock I own that is not in the Bakken is Lynden LVLEF.PK, This is one of those stocks that could hit big, but could be a huge bust. I also like Primary PETEF.PK in the Alberta Bakken, I don't own this one but they have acres near Newfield's and it had some positive things to say about its acreage in the third quarter conference call. Good luck to you, I only own LVLEF.PK, and do not own any of the other names. Have a great day/
    Nov 17, 2011. 05:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part IV [View article]
    peter griffin,

I like KEG a lot although I do not own the name. I have focused on companies in the pressure pumping business because I think these prices will be pushed the most, but if I were to go outside of BAS, CJES and RES I would say KEG is a good buy. When you asked about an entry point I am guessing you meant BAS. I think BAS is still attractive at this price. I can't tell you to buy this name here, but if I wasnt fully in the market I would still consider buying this name now, nice pullback today. Hope this helps.
    Nov 17, 2011. 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Q3 Update: EOG Resources, Continental Announce Huge Finds [View article]
    Thanks for the question, what I meant is that the middle Bakken can be drilled for at least 4 wells, then the first bench of the Three Forks will provide at least 4 wells, the second bench 4 wells, the third bench 4 wells and the fourth bench 4 wells. If Continental is correct, in this area per 1280acre spacing 16 wells could possibly be drilled for 80 acre spacing. This is Continental's estimate from their tests, but to be clear Continental does not say they are sure that all of the wells would be commercial. If it is true, these acres in McKenzie County would be a some of the best in the United States (even better than the condensate window of the Eagle Ford.
    Nov 17, 2011. 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Announces Game-Changing Transactions [View article]
    Bill,
    If the Koala/Polar wells have EURs of 850000 would that still justify a well cost of $12 million? To put this better, on a very good well, what cost would a company like Kodiak want to hold off drilling. I think Newfield pulled back on its Bakken acreage because it was afraid of another winter like last year, and I don't think they set up adequate infrastructure and not so much the $11 million well cost. Newfield has to realize the value of its acreage, which I think is much like Kodiak's Koala wells.
    Nov 16, 2011. 10:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Announces Game-Changing Transactions [View article]
    Bill,
    Do you think some of these cost savings could be from increased pad drilling as they have much of their acreages held by production? Some of the companies I have checked estimate savings of $1 million/well (if everything goes well).
    Nov 16, 2011. 01:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment