Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Looking For Risk? Take A Look At These Micro Cap Oil And Gas Producers [View article]
    ash52,
    TPLM has no current hedges, but this shouldnt matter much as their production is quite low. KOG and BEXP have a moderate amount of hedging, and should be well protected even if oil moves alot lower (Although I dont think it will, I think the mid to low seventies are about as low as WTI will go). KOG produced about 2800 boe/d in the second quarter. KOG has a little over 2000 boe/d hedged in the second half of this year. BEXP estimates it will produce 8509 boe/d in the third quarter of this year, and has hedged 7587 boe/d of that estimated production. Most of these names are protecting themselves from lower oil prices as the last recession almost wiped alot of these names out.
    Sep 24, 2011. 12:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I think BAS is incredibly cheap. Both are good buys.
    Sep 23, 2011. 11:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Long Case for Stillwater Mining [View article]
    Iansane,
    SWC and all the other commodity producers could have more room to fall. I have been out of this name for a while, but it is starting to get interesting.
    Sep 23, 2011. 11:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Service Companies Are Cheaper, May Be Safe Way to Invest in Oil [View article]
    I agree, lets hope we are both right. Fear is a terrible thing that follows no metric.
    Sep 22, 2011. 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken, Oil Service and Refining Plays for the Second Half of 2011 [View article]
    I still own it along with some call options. There is no bad news, just fear.
    Sep 22, 2011. 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The fear selling today is taking everyone with it. Before adding to any of these positions, I would wait to see if the S&P holds at 1120. If it doesnt there could still be some significant downward moves. I would not sell a position that is this cheap, but would hold to see what happens.
    As a general rule oil service companies have been able to significantly increase prices in the short term. This has pushed valuations upward, and is also the reason why these names are getting hit so hard. If oil production companies pull back developement programs, prices and revenues could fall significantly.
    Sep 22, 2011. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I completely agree.
    Sep 22, 2011. 02:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, I will add them to my lists.
    Sep 22, 2011. 02:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There is a significant amount of fear surrounding the price of oil, and whether it will drop enough to slow some of the oil production in the United States. Most of the bigger names are hedged and would still be motivated to produce. If oil drops significantly, than it is possible companies like BAS would lose pricing power and that would signicantly lower its bottom line numbers.
    Sep 22, 2011. 02:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • McKenzie County: The Number 2 Bakken/3 Forks Oil Producer [View article]
    Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, work has been busy. As for your question on MHR, I like the company based on its acreage, and believe the company is a buy here. After the pullback this stock looks very attractive, but I could say that about most of the Bakken names.
    Sep 21, 2011. 12:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McKenzie County: The Number 2 Bakken/3 Forks Oil Producer [View article]
    Hi ChuckXX,
    I think he is adding shares because he believes his company is worth more than what the market is giving him. I am unaware of any rumors he would like to take it private, but anything is possible. I would not use this as reasoning to buy the stock though. I like Continental as a company but like other companies in the Bakken better.
    Sep 21, 2011. 10:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cramer Likes Continental In The Bakken: Here Are Some Others With Plenty Of Upside [View article]
    j. nyquist,

I have a feeling that Brigham is not open to a sale at this point so I don't see a deal happening for less than $60. Some of these Bakken names will start to look more attractive as takeaway capacity improves.
    Sep 17, 2011. 10:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mountrail County: Focal Point Of Williston Basin Oil Production [View article]
    If I had to hunt just one, I would track down the Koala. Not the biggest bear, but definitely an overachiever in the group.
    Sep 17, 2011. 01:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Lew,
    Of the speculative names I have covered LVLEF is in my opinion the best option. It has a very large number of acres with multiple pay zones for a company its size. I am still long Lynden and have been adding to my position. I do not hold a large position as it is still speculative, but I feel very good about this company. It is sitting at a very nice level to begin a position.
    Sep 17, 2011. 01:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Players And Today's Metric: Total Enterprise Value Vs. Production [View article]
    Great article Z, thanks for the info.
    Sep 16, 2011. 09:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment