Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why Did Brigham Sell? Newfield's Q3 Earnings Might Provide Some Answers [View article]
    I think the PETEF deal is very good for the entire area. Newfield has had some good luck in the Alberta Bakken, and this new deal leans me to believe there is resource further south. The sell off on this may have to do with the difficult environment in oil over the past few months. This is a home run stock if they have something good, but be carefull as you probably know this one is risky.
    Oct 24, 2011. 02:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Jeep, Saltydog, Old Trader,
    Thanks for the comments. As far as I know there have been no reports of contaminated ground water in the Williston Basin, but that doesn't mean it hasnt happened. I find it hard to believe that anyone would think discontinuing fraccing would be good for the oil business. Sometimes environmentalists only hear what they want to, and instead of looking for companies to share more information with the public to sooth fears, they just want to stop it all together. Thanks again for the comments, they are appreciated.
    Oct 24, 2011. 02:40 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Small Caps, Part I [View article]
    I have been holding for tax reasons, plust was wondering about the market in the short term. Looks like quite a few names are breaking out today, so I may have to moves some things around.
    Oct 24, 2011. 02:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil: A Small Cap Crude Play for 2011 [View article]
    I agree, cheap at these prices.
    Oct 22, 2011. 04:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Brigham Buyout: Who's Next In The Bakken? Part Two [View article]
    Chuckxx,

Bill would be able to answer this better, but oil companies trade more on cash flow, and EOG is estimated to be increasing this significantly in the next 24 months or so. On a side note, EOG is cheap in my opinion, it has some very good holdings.
    Oct 22, 2011. 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am guessing if you have been here pheasant hunting, you have also caught a walleye on Lake Sakakawea. It is rumored polka dancing has caused more injuries than bull riding.
    Oct 22, 2011. 03:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Old Trader, and Saltydog,

I have a question for both of you, if I may. Although we have heard quite a bit on whether fraccing should be done or not, I have heard little from opponents that want the process to stop completely. A family member of mine owns a portion of a mobile water purification company in the Bakken. Let me know if you agree with this, as I am going to make a statement that I would like your take on. Most of the concern with fraccing is the re-use of the water in both drilling and fraccing. Oil companies now have to recycle about a third of the water used. So it is run through filtration, with some to be used for additional drilling, and the rest in fraccing a new well. In North Dakota we have a lot of water, enough that we won't hear much about shortages. But there is concern about leaving too much water in the ground. I think we will see higher and higher percentages of water filtration. I think oil companies are worried and realizing the cost of a federal mandate to recycle more frac water. Thoughts?
    Oct 22, 2011. 03:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brigham Buyout: Who's Next In The Bakken? Part Two [View article]
    verismotex,

I don't know much more about Primary's JV. Before this I was unsure as to how far south Alberta Bakken was commercial. This JV helps to prove its viability. The best way to watch the potential of Primary's acreage is to follow ROSE and NFX. Here is what Newfield said about it Alberta Bakken wells.

Our horizontal wells to date tested secondary targets. One of the wells is unstimulated, and the other had about 225 barrel initial production rate from just 30% of the stimulated portion of the lateral.
    Oct 21, 2011. 10:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    trin,
    I think they will beat handily, but may report some increased costs though. One thing I know is their well costs won't be $11 million.
    Oct 21, 2011. 06:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Bill,
    How do you feel about the Newfield results? You work closer to this situation than I, but $11 million per well seems really steep. I think they are going to come back to the Bakken after the winter because they don't have their infrastructure up.
    Oct 21, 2011. 06:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I do not know for sure if they are staying on, but I would guess this would be encouraged as it would help the transition.
    Oct 21, 2011. 06:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brigham Buyout: Who's Next In The Bakken? Part Two [View article]
    It is definately a good thing. Newfield had info out on their wells to the north, which seemed pretty good. I would say this name can be held as a spec position, but I am not currently in. I think it could be quite a while until we hear about the results so be careful here.
    Oct 21, 2011. 01:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brigham Buyout: Who's Next In The Bakken? Part Two [View article]
    Jeep, Bill, jjmc2001,

Is anyone worried about the upcoming winter in North Dakota? After this run up should we take some profits and wait for the snow and floods to hit these stock prices and then pile back in? Only wondering because the nation weather service says there will be more snow this wnter
    Oct 20, 2011. 06:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Brigham Buyout: Who's Next In The Bakken? Part Two [View article]
    Thanks Jeep,
    I agree with you whole heartedly. I found their announcement a bit strange as costs couldnt be that high. One thing is for sure, and that is it has other plays that are much more lucrative.
    Oct 20, 2011. 03:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Brigham Buyout: Who's Next In The Bakken? Part Two [View article]
    trin,
    I think the shareholders will approve the merger. I think it will go through as expected with a chance the lawyers squeeze out a little bit more for the stock holders.
    Oct 20, 2011. 03:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment