Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part II [View article]
    dguill9,
    Proved reserves are very important from a long term standpoint. The reason IP rates and EURs mean so much here, is the play has not been producing until recently. We can only estimate how wells these wells will do and could still be wrong. The 30 day IP is a better metric than the 24 hour IP (which is generally just referred to as IP rate) as some wells will flow with alot of pressure initially, but an average will give a better or more true value of production. These same IP rates can help to show us how good that part of the play is for that company and its competition. I think all of the oil and gas companies have been hit hard. Whiting hasnt held up as well as CLR, BEXP, or KOG. But NFX and DNR have been had losses similar to WLL. Whiting is more levered which makes it a little riskier.
    Brigham will grow faster than Whiting in the Bakken because of its size. It is easier to maintain higher production growth when a company is smaller as the beginning production is smaller to begin with. Whiting also has to spread its cap ex to more than just the Bakken, most notibly its Permian assets.
    Sep 6, 2011. 12:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part III [View article]
    ungawah,
    I did an article on ICO before it was bought. I should have owned the stock.

seekingalpha.com/artic...
    Sep 5, 2011. 08:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part II [View article]
    trin,
    I hope the S&P holds at that level. If it doesnt there will be some pain as I think around 1050 will be support.
    Sep 5, 2011. 08:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects [View article]
    Thanks Jeep.
    Sep 5, 2011. 07:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Pullback Creates Value In Small Bakken Oil Companies, Part IV [View article]
    I would be surprised if WTI will drop below $80 but you never know.
    Sep 5, 2011. 07:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Kolzy,
    I know they are ramping up drilling and have a dedicated frac crew for 14 days out of the month and plus they should have five operated and two nonoperated rigs. Depending on the price of oil, which I believe will be much higher ($100 WTI and $130 Brent). All said, KOG could trade around $13/share in second half of 2013.
    Sep 5, 2011. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part III [View article]
    Ive been thinking about it. I will be finishing the Bakken/Three Forks up after the next article covering large caps. I will start an article on those next. Thanks for the idea.
    Sep 5, 2011. 06:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects [View article]
    I agree with you about PWE. Consistently beats up analyst estimates while providing very good income.
    Sep 5, 2011. 06:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects [View article]
    Bill,
    I have heard talk of a pipeline from Cushing to the Gulf that will be completed sometime after 2013. I know this is a ways off, but wouldnt this significantly increase the price oil for the mid-continent producers?
    Sep 5, 2011. 06:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part III [View article]
    dkwilk,
    I did a three part series a little while ago. Here are the links. Let me know what you think and if there any companies you are aware of that I missed.

seekingalpha.com/artic...

seekingalpha.com/artic...

seekingalpha.com/artic...
    Sep 5, 2011. 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part II [View article]
    I hope OAS can turn things around.
    Sep 5, 2011. 05:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part II [View article]
    Kolzy,

It is hard to believe that KOG could even trade at this level. This stock is a big buy below $6. I am real interested in BEXP and how it will cut costs this year with all the new technology. Both are dirt cheap.
    Sep 5, 2011. 05:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part II [View article]
    Burnski,
    I really like NOG at this level. I think the non-operator model is quite good, but operators will begin to see a large decrease in costs over the next year which NOG will not benefit from. But if oil service costs continue to increase, it may even things out. I like NOG less than BEXP and KOG, but like them better than OAS, and would say it is a definate buy at this level. Thanks for the comment.
    Sep 5, 2011. 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part III [View article]
    ChuckXX,
    (N)et (A)sset (V)alue is the worth of a companies assets minus its liablilities or debt. So the best way I could define it, is if the company takes the value of all of its stuff and then subtracts everything it owes against that value.
    Sep 5, 2011. 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken/Three Forks Mid Caps Find Promising Prospects, Part III [View article]
    Thanks Bob,
    The info is appreciated. There has been so much talk about the Eagle Ford and its 20 to 40 spacing, the Bakken has been forgotten for a time, even now where it is very possible that much of this play will have 4 Bakken and 4 Three Forks per 1280 acre spacing. That is without the other possible Three Forks benchs, and other resource areas such as the Red and Scallion.
    Sep 5, 2011. 03:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment