Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Bakken Update: A Look At Kodiak's Recent Well Results [View article]
    Ron,

I am unsure as to why the Saudis continue to pump 10 million Bbls/day when the market could get by with 8 to 9 million. There are quite a few different assumptions to this, but the main one has to do with pressuring Iran. If this is the case oil could continue lower. You could very well see KOG pull back to $6.50. Would be a nice place to buy if we get there.
    Jun 29 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: A Look At Kodiak's Recent Well Results [View article]
    31danny,

I didnt mention PetroBakken but do like the improvements in drilling and completions in Saskatchewan. Thank you for serving our country.
    Jun 29 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: A Look At Kodiak's Recent Well Results [View article]
    lasercue,

I think the comparisons to Brigham are fair, but Kodiak has used much tighter chokes with comparable (and possibly better) results.
    Jun 29 10:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: A Look At Kodiak's Recent Well Results [View article]
    Craig,

I totally agree, and am looking forward to seeing what the 90-day IP rates will be on these wells. It will be interesting to see if the larger number of stages decreases depletion enough to make a difference a little farther out. Thanks for the input.
    Jun 29 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: A Look At Kodiak's Recent Well Results [View article]
    Dmarque,

I think there is upside to MHR and do believe they are doing some things right, but debt is a little higher than I like. Acreage is very good.
    Jun 29 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play The Niobrara Silo Field [View article]
    SSN has had one bad drilling report after another. I have no doubt they will figure it out but the market will stop giving Samson the benefit of the doubt if they do not come up with something good soon.
    Jun 20 01:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: 2012 Stock Picks Revisited [View article]
    Very good point Craig,

For those interested in what Craig is speaking of, go to
    Jun 19 04:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: 2012 Stock Picks Revisited [View article]
    I agree. Should have further opportunities to add in the short term.
    Jun 16 12:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Current Undervalued High-Fliers [View article]
    Thanks for the info Mike
    Jun 15 09:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: 2012 Stock Picks Revisited [View article]
    Hi Josh,

I did check out Gale Force, but would need more information to be positive this stock.
    Jun 10 05:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Oasis Is Increasing Production [View article]
    SA,

The market has been down on Whiting, on well costs. There have been reports Whiting's frac sand costs are going to go up quite a bit as the contracts expire. The other issue that is dogging Whiting, is its realized oil costs. Companies like EOG and CLR are able to realize much better pricing for oil. I believe WLL is a value, but it seems all of the oil and gas names are after today.
    Jun 2 01:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Kodiak's Well Results Are Better Than Brigham's [View article]
    g8tr,

I think you are right, about being too soon. I am guessing the winter before plus the flooding after would have pushed anyone to want to sell. Difficult environment for all the producers.
    May 30 02:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Kodiak's Well Results Are Better Than Brigham's [View article]
    ts2,

I am long KOG, but not STO.
    May 30 02:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Kodiak's Well Results Are Better Than Brigham's [View article]
    In short 90-day IP rates are better.
    May 29 03:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gulfport Energy Corporation: Value Play on Diversified Assets [View article]
    Hi Moby,

I am familiar with the relationship, and as Bill said it isnt a good thing. But I think some of this "bad press" has helped to push the stock price down to a point where it has real value. If my memory serves me, this is the link goes to the same blog page that was involved with the breaking news on NOG some time ago, and had made quite a few statements about depletion that didnt make much sense.
    May 29 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment