Michael Filloon

View Michael Filloon's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • 10 Oil Stocks With Low PEG Ratios [View article]
    I believe that VOG has been unjustly punished for the rumors surrounding NOG, plus many of these names are trading on fear that oil will retrace at some point. I dont know if this will happen or not, but believe that $100 per barrel of oil is the new normal. I do not own VOG, but would think 15 times forward earnings is an interesting area for this name.
    Mar 25 10:50 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Oil Stocks With Low PEG Ratios [View article]
    Yahoo Finance offers a five year expect PEG. I have given EOG's one year PEG. Have a great day.
    Mar 25 09:41 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Oil Stocks With Low PEG Ratios [View article]
    Thank you, I appreciate it.
    Mar 24 11:42 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • North American Palladium: Sustained Run Makes It a Buy [View article]
    Thank it seems the government has sanctioned much of this but im gonna ride it until its over. I think the current situation will be here for a while. Gotta love inflation. Reagan years may be back.
    Feb 18 04:54 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil and Gas: Exponential Production Growth [View article]
    I agree, management has pulled of some real nice numbers in the short term. It will be more interesting what happens in the long term. I would like to see this name find some way of accelerating growth through the next couple of years.
    Feb 12 11:24 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources: Lots of Bakken Upside [View article]
    I couldn't have said it better myself Jeep. Thanks for the input. One thing I would add for Professor Banks:

Although recovery has increased a little, it means alot to companies like BEXP, NOG, and OAS. I began trading in and out of BEXP back in mid 2009. Since then I have made quite a bit of money on this stock. Maybe we are looking at this from different view points. I see the opportunity in the Bakken, Niobrara and Eagle Ford as a very specific way to make money. Although , in general, these areas will only affect a small portion of worldwide oil production, it can provide a very large position in someone's trading account.
    Feb 1 11:56 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CF Buyout Bid Grossly Undervalues Terra Industries [View article]
    Tim, good insite into the subject. I believe there is a misunderstanding with respect to TRA's business. They were bid down like any other nitrogen business, when theirs is worth much more do to higher margins. Either way you are right and these companies were good apart, but now they look fantastic together. CF has well positioned themselves for this takeover.
    Jan 21 08:52 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Update's 2014 Stock Picks: Small Operator's Well Design Outperforms In North Dakota [View article]
    zack54,

Management has done a good job of controlling costs, but more importantly it's well results have been excellent. Looking at the area, it has been well above the average model in ND. I think AXAS will continue to outperform, but I think the smaller names need to be followed a little closer. What will matter the most is when they get their completions done. Production will be very clumpy, so we should see some big moves this year.
    Feb 18 12:42 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Caiman Valores,

I agree Whiting has not been the most consistent operator around, but I think much of it's under performance had more to do with a lack of spending on good well design. I had reported on several occasions on how good Whiting's acreage is, but it's lack of spending on water and proppant and poor source rock stimulation provided for lackluster results (higher rate of depletion). I am hoping it's adoption of the EOG style completion will provide a 30% or so increase in production with about the same costs. I really hope they take this opportunity to become a better company.
    Feb 18 12:00 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update's 2014 Bakken Stock Picks: The Bakken Operators [View article]
    rlp2451,

That's a very good question, and maybe the better question is Will Kodiak have positive cash flows before it is bought? The stock is cheap at these levels in my opinion, but I wasn't real excited about the Liberty purchase. That's not to say I didn't like the acreage and/or company because both were great and I liked the price paid as well. My problem is it creates uncertainty for investors as to when the purchases will stop.
    Jan 15 06:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update's 2014 Bakken Stock Picks [View article]
    River18,

It is possible (and I hope he is right), but I think it could be a hard sell given the politics.
    Jan 10 01:02 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update's 2014 Bakken Stock Picks [View article]
    erikazinarrt,

I would guess the majority of the people that live in North Dakota (as I do) would disagree with that article. Even with the oil boom, our environment is still much better than most other areas in the United States.
    Jan 7 09:09 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update's 2014 Bakken Stock Picks [View article]
    AR,

Thanks. Differentials are updated each quarterly earnings. I update my numbers from those. Sometimes it isn't discussed, but I take that as a validation of the last quarterly estimate. This gives specific differentials for the company (because they are starting to really change for the small caps versus a company like CLR). For the general or average number I usually go to the refining presentations. VLO is usually the best, but TSO is a little better for specific west coast numbers. HFC is another good one for Bakken crude/Niobrara.
    Jan 5 02:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: This Integrated Oil And Gas Producer Has Over 20% Upside [View article]
    blam24,

There are some small pipeline projects, but nothing that will decrease crude moving by rail much. That derailment was about 15 miles from my house. I guess a hopper car derailed and the train carrying the crude struck the derailed cars. It was a good thing that there aren't very many people around that area. It has been between -15 and -35 below zero, and I guess when the rails contract from this type of cold there can be issues. The best way to look at this is how can they fix the issue. There is probably no good way to stop derailments as it happens. Also, pipelines spill more crude than the rails do, but that generally doesn't create explosions. Railcars may be the best way to play this as the newer ones are safer and have a much lower probability to causing these types of explosions.
    Jan 2 07:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Synergy's Q3 Is Good, But Q4 Will Be Much Better [View article]
    Like I said Josh,
    Not far enough to make a considerable difference.
    Nov 13 10:26 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment