Michael Fitzsimmons

View Michael Fitzsimmons' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Phillips 66: Pssst! Whisper Number For Wednesday's Earnings Release [View article]
    creloans - thanks and yes, the stock got hit with some profit taking (and then some!), but it has bounced back nicely...and it should have...I have good through the quarterly results and operations update and there is a lot to like!
    Jan 29, 2014. 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MaStA - it's not unusual to see big movement in pre-market trading when the volume is low...usually people putting in "market" orders and getting hosed..what was more interesting is the price action once trading open on the NYSE...it dropped down to the $71 area....all I was thinking was:

1) wow, people don't understand how good this earnings report is and
    2) should I put in a buy order at $70??
    Jan 29, 2014. 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The earnings are in and PSX blew away the $1.07 consensus by $0.30 ($1.37/share):

For the year, they beat my $6.0 target by 2 cents. Haven't been through the whole report yet, but so far so good!
    Jan 29, 2014. 08:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon: Nat Gas Spikes Higher And The Stock Drops 5%? Buy The Dip [View article]
    Thank you tow - very interesting. Here's a story about propane prices in Iowa:
    Prices have nearly doubled in the last month. Of course XOM produces lots of NGLs along with it's dry gas.
    Jan 28, 2014. 09:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the perspective DGI_Dan and I agree with you. That said, wrt Exxon, I think you would agree low $4's is still better than mid-$3's.
    Jan 28, 2014. 08:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    papercut - thank you! I will ask the SA editors to fix my mistake.
    Jan 28, 2014. 05:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dosto thanks and yes - I saw that Barclays report and it did seem to affect the stock as there was some truth to it.
    Jan 28, 2014. 05:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Either COG & CHK would be much more of a direct play on natural gas than XOM; and here are the 5 stocks currently in my 2014 natural gas transportation portfolio:

Jan 28, 2014. 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    geologist: Being a shareholder, I only wish Exxon had moved with the rest of the market over the past 5 years. It's been a real laggard. However, Q3 showed signs of hope, and although news of the Kashagan leak was unwelcome, there are several production projects coming online this year that should help XOM grow production. We will see. $2+/share for Q4 would be nice.
    Jan 28, 2014. 03:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi User353732: I am curious, if going from $4.20 to $5 (~20%) in a couple weeks is not a "spike", how would you characterize it? In the article, I think I made a decent case that as $1 rise in nat gas over a year is likely to equate to over a $1 billion in additional net income. Is that fact that you don't believe this will move the stock due to:

a) you don't believe nat gas will stay $1 above last year for the entire years or
    b) you don't believe $1 billion in additional net would have impact on the "overall enterprise value"

Remember, my opinion is based also on the previous article I did on natural gas storage levels which have deteriorated even further below the historical 5 year high-low at a time (the beginning of the year) when they have been, over the last few years, at the very high end. Seems to me something more significant than just the weather has changed here. My opinion is that producers have adjusted to the anomaly of the very high supplies and very low prices of the past few years. We'll see...I suppose I could be all wrong on this one.
    Jan 28, 2014. 02:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I think you're right Bob.
    Jan 28, 2014. 02:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi David - thanks for the note and I am not sure why, but I am having trouble clicking on the hyperlink you provided so I cannot comment on that article.
    Jan 28, 2014. 01:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Robert - good to know, thanks for the info. It's going to be very interesting to see what PSX posts tomorrow....
    Jan 28, 2014. 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geospace Technologies: Attractive Because It Helps Companies Produce Oil [View article]
    Shane - I was wondering the same thing about BWS. I never heard of them before.
    Jan 27, 2014. 03:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you Dave - I take it as a good omen that PSX is currently up a buck even though the market action is pretty slippery and the spread has Brent/WTI contracted another $0.30 (as I write this).
    Jan 27, 2014. 02:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment