Michael Fitzsimmons

View Michael Fitzsimmons' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Enerplus: The Blue Flame Of Marcellus Gas Is Heating Up The Stock [View article]
    Good IRA discussion - thank you guys for contributing.
    Feb 7, 2014. 09:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks. I don't think it's too late to get in. The stock has some running room here and a very nice yield to boot.
    Feb 7, 2014. 09:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron: 2014 A Big Year For Startups In The Gulf Of Mexico [View article]
    Yes - I agree with that. But I was disappointed by current production levels.
    Feb 6, 2014. 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cummins' 12-Liter Nat Gas Engine Will Power Clean Energy Fuels 20% Higher In 2014 [View article]
    I am on the sidelines at the moment and just watching & waiting.
    Feb 5, 2014. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon: Nat Gas Spikes Higher And The Stock Drops 5%? Buy The Dip [View article]
    nednel : I certainly have a lot more investment ideas this week that I did on Jan 1....
    Feb 5, 2014. 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE Picks Some Low-Hanging Fruit [View article]
    I guess we'll find out when DRC releases its earnings in the last week of Feb. They have pushed orders out the last two quarters. I would say if they use that excuse again this quarter you are correct. However, if things start picking up again then I think the jury is still out. Time will tell.
    Feb 5, 2014. 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE Picks Some Low-Hanging Fruit [View article]
    vwdiesel: sorry, I am not familiar enough with Core Labs to offer an opinion. I agree with your overall thesis on GE's O&G business objectives.
    Feb 5, 2014. 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Inter Pipeline: Low-Risk Dividend Growth Will Drive 20% Total Returns Over The Next 5 Years [View article]
    GeorgeFF: is the competition going to negate the long-term shipping contract agreements I mentioned in the story? I don't think so. In addition, I fully expect -XL to be approved this year, and I would not be surprised to see this stock pop ~5% the day that happens. But of course I also though -XL would be approved a long time ago...
    Feb 5, 2014. 03:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron: 2014 A Big Year For Startups In The Gulf Of Mexico [View article]
    Hi rjj1960 - sorry, I have been out of pocket lately taking care of my elderly parents. Today's the first time in awhile I have been on SA. See my previous response to TnT on CVX. Very disappointed in Q4 results...sure hope they aren't turning into XOM....but at least the dividend is much higher.
    Feb 5, 2014. 03:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron: 2014 A Big Year For Startups In The Gulf Of Mexico [View article]
    TnT: yes, but CVX's earnings were a big disappointment to me. I think they are still the best international integrated oil company, but since that group includes XOM, BP, and RDS - it doesn't take too much these days to be the best!
    Feb 5, 2014. 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    alnut - you can see the full list and the 2013 performance wrap-up here:
    Jan 30, 2014. 05:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE Picks Some Low-Hanging Fruit [View article]
    What do I think? I think they should buy DRC if they want a steady, stable, and very profitable stream of cash flow (i.e. the aftermarket parts and services biz) or, if they want to make a bet on faster growth, they should buy DRQ. Both would move the needle in the fastest growing segment (oil and gas) and both would likely contribute to bottom line net income right off the bat.
    Jan 30, 2014. 05:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE Picks Some Low-Hanging Fruit [View article]
    vw - "Cash is cash except when it's not." Point taken and well said. However, as for buybacks and dividends, would it be more relevant to view those from a cash flow point of view rather than from the NBCU proceeds aspect?
    Jan 30, 2014. 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    dosto: yes, I agree - mediocre at best. I really thought Q3 combined with the Buffett investment and all the media advertizing XOM is doing were doing signified a change in momentum. I also thought the higher price of natural gas going back to December would also put winds in XOM's sail. Apparently not. And yes, it is going to be very interesting to see what XOM does with the dividend increase this year. It needs to be a good one...they need to get to at least to the 3% level in my opinion.
    Jan 30, 2014. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ConocoPhillips EPS of $1.40 [View news story]
    Good quarter for COP - they beat despite the weather curtailments and Libya.
    Jan 30, 2014. 07:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment