Michael Fitzsimmons

View Michael Fitzsimmons' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Bakken Producers And Light-Sweet Refining Capacity: Time To Take Profits? [View article]
    It is good isn't it? However, I should have said that Rosemount will sometimes stop making the Shiraz-Cab for some reason...I had trouble finding it for over 2 years, then it was back. So I buy it by the case when I can.
    Interesting about the RIN/Potash connection - I had not thought about it. RINs drive me crazy...nutty US energy policy causing all kinds of problems. I am not familiar with the NTI refinery, so I can't help you there.
    Aug 11 07:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy XXI: Horizontal Drilling In GOM Results In 390% Organic Reserve Replacement Ratio [View article]
    Hi FreeState - wouldn't it be ironic if XOM, after selling all those properties to EXXI, then came back and took over EXXI after the company found a way to get at the reserves of those same properties?

Btw, EXXI's earnings are coming out on Aug 21. The reserves news is great, but at the end of the day investors are going to want to see those reserve gains translated into production growth. We shall see - I own some shares.
    Aug 11 07:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron's Duvernay Acquisition Is Bullish For Enerplus [View article]
    Update: Last Friday Enerplus announced Q2 earnings above expectations:

Production is ahead of expectations at just over 90,000 BOE a day, 3% higher in Q1 and 10% higher than the second quarter of last year. Net backs were up 15%, primarily due to stronger pricing. Growth in production and an improved net back drove fund flows up 20% from Q1 to $205 million. The stock closed up +3.56% on the trading day.

On the conf. call, ERF said due to improved its improved financial flexibility, it has suspended efforts for JVs or sell down of Duvernay assets. They have two vertical wells planned for the Duvernay this year, with one well currently underway. The company feels the delineation activity they’re undertaking in the second half of the year will increase knowledge of the potential of the play, and unlock value regardless of any development decisions. They are, of course, keen to discover the liquids content of their Duvernay acreage.
    Aug 10 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yoho Resources Lives In Takeover City: The Kaybob Play Of The Duvernay Shale [View article]
    Hi Cam - that works out to a whopping $18,644/acre...do you have a source for those figures? Thanks.
    Aug 10 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Conoco's Asset Sale To Exxon Highlights Value Of Its Oil Sands Portfolio [View article]
    Thank you - I am truly humbled.
    Aug 10 06:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Welcome aboard Parker. I think you will find the articles (and comment sections) on Seeking Alpha very informative and thought provoking. While I am predominately focused on energy stocks, there are many fine contributors on SA who, between them, cover most ever sector. Enjoy!
    Aug 10 06:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading Sunshine and have a great weekend.
    Aug 9 05:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keystone-XL Pipeline: Delayed So Long It No Longer Matters? [View article]
    Yes, they were pines. I haven't talked to him lately, but I know there were a couple years of very low rainfall in his area which somewhat stunted their progress. I'm going to give him a call soon to catch up.
    Aug 9 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keystone-XL Pipeline: Delayed So Long It No Longer Matters? [View article]
    I have a friend in Louisiana who planted 50 acres of trees a decade ago. He did it not only as a nod to the environment, but also as a possible retirement plan if his pension+SS proves to be insufficient.
    Aug 9 08:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi veejay - Honestly I am not familiar enough with ATHOF to offer an opinion, but I have noticed several articles on Seeking Alpha discussing the company. Have you tried searching the site?
    Aug 9 07:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Very interesting comment Bill. That was the first I ever heard of a pipeline from Norman Wells in the Yukon to tie into the Trans-Alaska Pipeline. But you're right, the TAP needs more volume, and I hear Alaska, after passing lower oil tax rates to encourage more production, is about to vote on it again (they may already have and I missed it). Anyhow, if Alaska renigs on its tax breaks, I doubt BP, COP, and XOM are going to invest in new production there, so wouldn't it be something if Canadian oil ends up in the TAP? Interesting thought ... I hope Alaskans are aware of the possibility before they vote...
    Aug 8 09:08 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes - I wasn't too familiar with BMO until I started researching these western Canadian plays. They have some good analysts.
    Aug 8 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Exactly Stuart - If you list out what COP has done with their strategic plan, it's truly impressive:

- Spun off PSX and eventually PSXP
    - Sold every asset they planned to, and usually at prices exceeding expectations
    - Executed superbly in the Eagle Ford
    - Had working interest in two GoM discoveries, one massive one (Shenandoah)
    - Delivering on promised 3-5% on organic production growth
    - Beginning to show signs of 3-5% cash margin growth

And all this while paying the best dividend in its peer group and during what can best be described as a challenging worldwide economic backdrop. Truly impressive.
    Aug 8 08:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    TnT: Thanks for the Sleeping Giant research paper, good stuff.
    Aug 8 07:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    dunnhaupt: Yup, it's essentially an XOM deal which is why I left IMO out of the title. Clyden is about 90 miles south of Fort McMurray, and XOM's Kearl oil sands project is about 70 miles north of Fort McMurray. So, it appears XOM is just locking up additional long-term bitumen supply.
    Aug 8 07:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment