Michael Fitzsimmons

View Michael Fitzsimmons' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Kodiak Oil & Gas Polar Project: Higher WTI Imply A Blowout Q3 [View article]
    Pablo: The crack editing staff at SA has already modified the article to take into account the differences between "gross" and "net" production. The conclusions reached in the article are still valid, although the Q3 revenue number is obviously not quite as rosy as it was before. Thanks for your eagle eye!
    Sep 17, 2013. 05:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Face Off: Kodiak Oil & Gas Vs. Whiting Petroleum [View article]
    Exactly Pablo - not sure why KOG is confusing the issue with all the "gross" production figures and slides. Who cares? All I care about is production net to the company.
    Sep 17, 2013. 04:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil & Gas Polar Project: Higher WTI Imply A Blowout Q3 [View article]
    Hi Pablo: I went off the slide...but I think you may be correct on the lower number. In the Barclay's transcript the CEO says:

"Again currently we’re producing somewhere between 36,000 and 38,000 with expectations to push through to 40,000 by the end of the year and if we accomplish all this we should end up right in the range we put out between 30,000 and 34,000 BOE on average."

The difference is that the slide is "gross" production, not net. My mistake! The trend is still correct, and so is the conclusion predicting a great Q3. But the $400 million in Q3 revenue is off because revenues would be based on production net to the company. I'll have to go back, recalculate the real numbers, and submit a change request. Thanks for double-checking...you are not confused, I am! Not sure why they presented "gross" production like that.
    Sep 17, 2013. 04:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil & Gas Polar Project: Higher WTI Imply A Blowout Q3 [View article]
    Thanks blueice - yup, KOG stock is heating up isn't it?
    Sep 17, 2013. 04:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Face Off: Kodiak Oil & Gas Vs. Whiting Petroleum [View article]
    No one is making you read them....
    Sep 17, 2013. 02:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Face Off: Kodiak Oil & Gas Vs. Whiting Petroleum [View article]
    It wouldn't bother me if WLL got bought out, but I don't think Repsol could swallow it. I noticed Credit Suisse downgraded Repsol due to the potential for a $5-10 billion acquisition. It would probably take closer to $15 billion to nab WLL.

Sep 17, 2013. 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil & Gas Polar Project: Higher WTI Imply A Blowout Q3 [View article]
    Thanks TnT - I'm getting more interested in KOG myself...perhaps I'll take a small starter position after all.
    Sep 17, 2013. 02:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil & Gas Polar Project: Higher WTI Imply A Blowout Q3 [View article]
    Hi g8trg8t: Yes the company has an active hedging program and both the slide presentation and transcript I linked to had more information on the program if you are interested. They have layered on some additional hedges in 2013 and are starting to reach out into 2014. For 2015, there is a big backwardation of the curve, so KOG appears to be patient on more hedging that far out.
    Sep 17, 2013. 02:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil & Gas Polar Project: Higher WTI Imply A Blowout Q3 [View article]
    Hi Stephen - I haven't seen the company announce a Q3 release date yet, but last year Q3 results were released on Nov 1.
    Sep 17, 2013. 02:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil & Gas Polar Project: Higher WTI Imply A Blowout Q3 [View article]
    1627: If your comment is meant to imply KOG is fudging production numbers, I have a hard time believing that.
    Sep 17, 2013. 11:54 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Face Off: Kodiak Oil & Gas Vs. Whiting Petroleum [View article]
    Thanks for the double check Pablo. I did a story back in March on KOG's new completion techniques and the pilot studies:

I guess it's time I did a follow-up.
    Sep 16, 2013. 05:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Face Off: Kodiak Oil & Gas Vs. Whiting Petroleum [View article]
    Hi tealone: yes, either company's management could turn down an offer, and indeed my guess is both companies already have in the past. Of course a buyer could always go hostile and proceed anyway, but with companies like these two, that are so dependent on technological expertise in the field, I doubt any company would go forward with a hostile bid.
    Sep 16, 2013. 02:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Face Off: Kodiak Oil & Gas Vs. Whiting Petroleum [View article]
    RBC raises price target on WLL to $60:

Sep 16, 2013. 01:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Makes The Cut [View article]
    Nice article Casey, but I gotta say one thing: Dril-Quip (DRQ) bay-beee! ;)
    Sep 16, 2013. 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery Inc: Shares Could Double On Patented Desalination Product Line [View article]
    Reuter's press release last Friday: ERII's PX Q300 devices chosen for one of the world's largest SWRO trains in Oman:

Sep 16, 2013. 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment