Michael Fitzsimmons

View Michael Fitzsimmons' Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Natural Gas Transportation Stocks For 2013: April Update [View article]
    Good morning and thanks Zorro...more PSX huh? Combined with your previous purchase I guess that means you have held the stock for more than a week - I'm proud of you!
    May 4 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Natural Gas Transportation Stocks For 2013: April Update [View article]
    You're welcome Fox and thanks for reading.
    May 3 10:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Natural Gas Transportation Stocks For 2013: April Update [View article]
    Hi Fox - actually, I was wondering the same thing because the earnings were a disappointment by any measure. That said, Cummins is trading very well today (now over $111, +4.6%) and is still fairly valued: P/E=12.8 and yielding 1.8%. The L9.3 factory in China (Guangxi Cummins) just started up in March and I think CMI's growth prospects in China are very good, especially since policymakers there have put a priority on natural gas transportation to cut down on pollution and oil imports. I rate CMI a hold at this point and would not add to the position until I see the earnings pick back up. If earnings begin to trend downward, I'd reduce exposure. That said, I am expecting revenue and earnings to pick up into the second half of the year.
    May 3 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Phillips 66 Delivers More High-Octane Quarterly Earnings [View article]
    Yeah, it might take awhile for PSX to settle out after the recent sell-off in the refiners. But I'll tell you this - I wish all the stocks I owned posted earnings results like PSX!
    May 2 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Phillips 66 Delivers More High-Octane Quarterly Earnings [View article]
    Thanks jonk - there was a small discussion on ethanol issues. Here is the transcript:

Search for "blend"
    May 2 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Phillips 66 Delivers More High-Octane Quarterly Earnings [View article]
    Thank you tmoney and yes, ever though it was a big down day, PSX's earnings report was awesome..and just imagine if they had not experienced the unplanned shutdowns.
    May 2 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Suncor Energy Heartily Rewards Shareholders And Reports Q1 2013 Earnings [View article]
    I'm missing out on all the Boudreaux and Thibodaux jokes!
    May 2 09:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks jp.....time for some file' gumbo.
    May 1 09:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Phillips 66 Delivers More High-Octane Quarterly Earnings [View article]
    I appreciate it kingry and thanks for reading. I'm working on another as we speak...a bit more controversial...we'll see if SA chooses to publish it...
    May 1 03:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Phillips 66 Delivers More High-Octane Quarterly Earnings [View article]
    A whole week? Wow - you must *really* like Phillips 66!
    May 1 03:16 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Phillips 66 Delivers More High-Octane Quarterly Earnings [View article]
    Haven't grabbed the rod yet - just doing a bit of gardening and working out. Trying to lose the winter poundage and get back into shape!
    May 1 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Phillips 66 Delivers More High-Octane Quarterly Earnings [View article]
    Yeah, I guess it takes time to recover after such a big sell off. That said, and despite today's down market, I must admit I am surprised PSX didn't pop up considering the fundamental strength and quality of the Q1 earnings announcement. They even beat my optimistic expectations. It looks like there is some PE compression going on due to the worldwide economic outlook going forward as well as the narrower Brent/WTI spread. But I think PSX is going to do just fine. Look at the financials: debt down $1 billion....debt to captial 25% (down from 30%) ...cash up $1.3 billion in one quarter - I mean are you kidding me? This company is in great shape!
    May 1 02:05 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That is true. SU used to be a production growth play during rising oil prices and that is why it was such a good performer some years ago. Now, oil prices have stabilized somewhat and SU has changed from a very heavy cap-ex/production growth company to a more balanced company, and we see this in both the CEO's commentary as well as the step-function in dividend payment and yield. That said, I think there is much room for earnings to grow as soon as oil transport infrastructure catches up with production growth. Meantime, while shareholders wait, they are now getting a competitive dividend.
    May 1 11:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon, Chevron, Conoco: Q1 Earnings Wrap Up And Outlook [View article]
    I think the general market dislike of XOM is due to the over emphasis on stock buybacks as opposed to dividends, and the subsequent sub-par yield. In 2012, XOM spent $20 billion on stock buybacks versus only $10 billion on dividends directly to shareholders. While the XOM "executive compensation" publication recently sent to shareholders shows how much better "shareholder returns" are than their competitors, the stock has gone nowhere in 5 years, so all the shareholders have to show for these "great" shareholder is a sub 3% yield, the lowest in its peer group. So net-net, the company appears to be managed for the benefit of the executive team as opposed to common shareholders.
    May 1 11:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ConocoPhillips: Who Will Buy Its $5 Billion Stake In Kashagan - India Or China? [View article]
    If you are referring to the Green River shale, I have read the shale is very tight and needs to be heated to 5,000 degrees Farenheit before it will give up its oil. In-situ results to date have not been promising. It would appear there are many more shale plays that are much more economically viable than Green River. That said, perhaps it would be interesting to know what company's hold significant acreage in the area. I don't have that information at hand.
    May 1 08:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment