Michael Fitzsimmons

View Michael Fitzsimmons' Comments BY TICKER:
  • PetroQuest: A Record Cotton Valley Well And Still Severely Undervalued [View article]
    Yes, Thunder Bayou is a very significant project for the company. If it comes it as expected in Q4, look out above.
    Jun 19 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Pablo - south Louisiana is so close to sea level I believe pretty much all the rigs are on platforms to protect against storm surge and flooding.
    Jun 19 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Be Careful With Cobalt International Energy [View article]
    Hi Lucky_Luc - Sorry, I kind of lost interest in the company and no longer follow it. As a result, I don't feel qualified to venture an opinion.
    Jun 19 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Gtoz - I learned a long time ago to take responsibility for mistakes as soon as possible ;)

Yes, while PQ has had nice run as of late, its drilling results have been so good, and the resource base to exploit so large, it still seems quite undervalued to me. I am a long-term holder in this one, and am very excited to find out how much yoy reserves growth will be. And of course how Thunder Bayou comes in.
    Jun 19 06:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oryx Petroleum: The Addax Guys Look To Repeat Earlier Success In Kurdistan, Stock Poised To Pop [View article]
    Yes, but neither Exxon or Chevron or Total has evacuated employees out of Iraqi Kurdistan (although security has been increased in the region). You are talking about the southern area of Iraq.

The Kurds actually control Kirkuk now.
    Jun 19 06:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's not clear to me that it's solely trucking costs. Oryx has tie-in to a pipeline. But the transport costs don't stop there. You've probably been reading about the two tankers that left Turkey and are still afloat in the Mediterranean Sea with the cargo and no buyers (last I knew) due to Baghdad's threat of lawsuits. As a result of all this, the oil is discounted. However, the more Kurdish production grows, and as more of it hits the market, it's going to be sold. More unrest in Iraq is going to keep oil prices high...the higher it goes, the more this high quality oil is worth. It's going to take some time for all this to work out, but next to water oil is the most valuable commodity on Earth, both strategically and economically. It will find a buyer.
    Jun 19 06:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Western Gas Partners: An Excellent MLP With A 3.4% Yield And DJ Basin Growth Potential [View article]
    Good observation. WGP has certainly outperformed WES over the past twelve months (47.5% to 16.4%), but it has a lower yield (1.8% compared to 3.4% for WES). That said, much of that yield compression may be due to the price appreciation.
    Jun 19 06:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Highpower +5.7% after shipping trial order to Costco [View news story]
    Love this little company...
    Jun 18 05:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Enerplus reports increase in contingent resource estimate, drilling inventory [View news story]
    Yes it is, please keep an eye out for an article by me which should be published soon. Let's see....who was that company that recently downgraded ERF? Hmm....
    Jun 18 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    tpf2642: I owe you an apology, there was a subsequent SEC report:

which corrected the error. James Clement sold 10,000 shares @6.55, which has not worked out very well for him as he is down ~$5k on the 10k shares in the 5 days since his sale.

I apologize for my earlier post (I was just going off the SEC link in the article I cited) and appreciate you taking the time to let me know an updated and corrected document exists.
    Jun 18 05:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas Transportation: What's Taking The U.S. So Long? [View article]
    Steve - thanks once again about mentioning the multiplier effect with respect to keeping ordinary Americans' energy expenses *inside* the country.
    Jun 18 05:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas Transportation: What's Taking The U.S. So Long? [View article]
    Hi Steve - sorry, just got back to this article. I got kind of tired of the same old excuses as to why nat gas transportation makes no sense (usually given by the same people who support oil wars and the deficit spending needed to fund them). I would agree that we need an affordable home nat gas refueling appliance and as you pointed out there are companies working on it and I do believe it is possible to achieve their goals, but the key to lowering th price of such an appliance, just as it is with NGVs in general, is *volume*.

We disagree on the need for a natural gas refueling infrastructure. It is the first steps the EU, Russia, and China is taking - a strategic deployment of refueling stations across the regions of their countries that makes sense. Actually, for the EU and China this is step #2, step #1 (which Russia and the US don't require), is building LNG import terminals on all ports.
    Jun 18 05:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas Transportation: What's Taking The U.S. So Long? [View article]
    I am a supporter of bi-fuel vehicles as long as one of the two fuels is natural gas. I support anything that will help solve the chicken-n-egg problem of what comes first, the NGVs or the refueling infrastructure. This problem, and the cost of the infrastructure, is why I believe government action is needed. Apparently the EU, Brazil, Russian, and Chinese energy policymakers agree with me.
    Jun 18 04:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas Transportation: What's Taking The U.S. So Long? [View article]
    Actually, mike904, as a "former petroleum engineer" I am shocked you left the original post that started this thread. I will quote you again here:

"Inventory was at a 20 year low. How can you have an abundance of a cheap product that can't be drilled because the price isn't high enough?"

That's simply an illogical statement. Anyone (even non-petroleum engineers...) that has been watching the US natural gas market over the past several years knows that the reason the price of nat gas in the US is half that of the EU and 2/3's the price of Japanese LNG prices is for exactly the reason that you don't seem to believe: an abundance of reserves that can be very cheaply produced.

I think you owe Timmie an apology.
    Jun 18 04:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas Transportation: What's Taking The U.S. So Long? [View article]
    mike904 - you're mixing apples and oranges. California's proven reserves were downgraded because, in part, of the skepticism that the Monterey shale "oil" reserves will be commercially viable.
    Jun 18 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment