Michael Fitzsimmons

View Michael Fitzsimmons' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Halcón Resources Could Hit $12/Share In 2013; Much More On A Buyout [View article]
    @Kadane - Thank you for that information. I went back and looked at slide 13 of the latest HK presentation on share ownership. It said GeoResources, Inc shareholders are holding over 52,344,000 shares (14%).
    Dec 5 05:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Crude: Buffett's Railroad Beats ONEOK's Pipeline [View article]
    Thank you Wade and thanks for reading. Have a great holiday season as well and I hope you catch some nice fish out of that kayak.
    Dec 5 06:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Crude: Buffett's Railroad Beats ONEOK's Pipeline [View article]
    @john11397: Thanks for the information and for contributing. I apologize for the omitting CP.
    Dec 4 03:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Crude: Buffett's Railroad Beats ONEOK's Pipeline [View article]
    i would not be surprised to see another refinery in the area. although, this FB refinery, if you can believe it, is the first new refinery (from scratch) in the U.S. in some 30 years.
    Dec 4 03:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Crude: Buffett's Railroad Beats ONEOK's Pipeline [View article]
    @Larry - I totally agree. And that is why the Keystone XL pipeline, when approved (and I think it will be) will benefit oil sands producer Suncor more so than Bakken producers. The heavy investments refiners made on the Gulf coast to support heavy crude from Venezuela and Canadian oil sands profit more if they can get their hands on lower cost heavy and I expect future pipelines to focus on the heavy. I see rail dominating Bakken sweet transport for quite some time.
    Dec 4 09:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Significant Impact Of U.S. Oil Production [View article]
    Nice article Frank. I clicked on your funds' top-10 holdings but I didn't see any stocks that would benefit from increased oil production from the Bakken and/or Eagle Ford shales. I was surprised considering the tone of this article. Why the omission?
    Dec 4 08:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Crude: Buffett's Railroad Beats ONEOK's Pipeline [View article]
    @Alex: Yup, I agree. As long as rail capacity exceeds production in the Bakken, it will be difficult for the pipeliner to get the long-term producer commitments it needs in order to go forward with the project. I see rail dominating Bakken crude transport for quite some time to come (thus the article).
    Dec 3 10:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Crude: Buffett's Railroad Beats ONEOK's Pipeline [View article]
    @transparent_Tom: Thanks, I found the article you referred to:

Very interesting but I would rather not comment on that issue here....
    Dec 3 08:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Crude: Buffett's Railroad Beats ONEOK's Pipeline [View article]
    DRich - I can't corroborate the 8 day pipeline transit time (I assume you meant Bakken to Cushing). Regardless, the rail capacity is here today while the pipeline takes long-term producer commitments before being built and then wouldn't be online until 2015. Meantime, the rails are more flexible in terms of delivery destination while the pipeline just goes to Cushing and then you've got to move it from there (already brimming with oil there). The producers also claim that the refiners are getting quite aggressive in locking up deliveries via rail (PSX has its own railcars). Anyhow, here's an article on the issue and a quote from the article:

“Rail is the fastest way to provide increased export capacity out of the Bakken, creating a near-term solution to transportation bottlenecks and the resulting crude oil pricing differentials,” said Stephen J. Wuori, President, Liquids Pipelines, Enbridge Inc.
    Dec 3 07:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Are The 20 Top Nat Gas Producers Saying About Future Nat Gas Prices? [View article]
    nice article with the exception that i would go with XOM instead of CHK as a bet on nat gas prices recovering:

1) better dividend
    2) better upside potential to the bottom line
    3) less of a CEO risk.

every dollar increase in the price of nat gas adds over $1.2 billion annually to XOM's revenue stream.

that said, COP is looking real good right now too....and they can turn on the natural gas spicket as well as any producer in the country. meantime, they are going to mint bucks in the eagle ford and are paying a 4.6% dividend.
    Nov 30 04:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Whiting Petroleum Worth $15 Billion? [View article]
    @MexCom: i sure wish someone would build a couple new refineries in the Bakken! it would bring realized prices for all the producers up and reduce the discount. but i am not sure i want to see WLL lay out the money to build their first refinery....
    Nov 30 03:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An ARM-Based Mac? You Bet [View article]
    All bootcamp does is allow a Mac to run Windows. I don't know of any reason why Windows could not run on an ARM based Mac. If you know of something specific, please tell us.
    Nov 28 11:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Occidental Petroleum Oversold? [View article]
    I think there are a couple catalysts, one minor one major:

1) the Elk Hills gas plant is now operational after some big expenses (minor)
    2) the Al Hosn gas project (see article, major)

So, I definitely want to establish a position before Q3 2013 where the benefits of Al Hosn going from cash consumer to cash generator gets priced in. Meantime, I hope to get in at lower prices before the dividend gets bumped up, which I am pretty sure is in the cards. Meantime, they need to get drilling costs down and efficiency up.
    Nov 27 12:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Occidental Petroleum Oversold? [View article]
    heh heh - good one rj! Irani was a one man stock buyback program!
    Nov 27 12:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Occidental Petroleum Oversold? [View article]
    Yes, I listened in as well and the CEO is definitely frustrated. I am sure he feels the pressure after taking succeeding the much overpaid Ray Irani. I hope the raise the dividend as opposed to a buyback...but not until I take a position! ;)
    Nov 27 12:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment