View as an RSS Feed
View Michael Fu's Articles BY TICKER:
Yelp: Invest In A Startup Without Venture Capital Fees
- Yelp is in the early stages of monetization, and should be valued similar to early-stage private companies.
- Yelp is worth $30 per user, compared to the industry average of $52.
- Yelp offers early-stage growth company exposure in a public company, without hefty venture capital fees.
Tesla Needs To Capture 14% U.S. Market Share To Justify Valuation
- 2014E U.S. Vehicles sales is 15.3 million units.
- Tesla is currently expected to sell 35,000-40,000 units in 2014E (0.3% U.S. Market Share).
- Average industry multiple of Market Cap per Unit is around $13,000 per unit.
- Tesla would need to sell 2.1mm cars per year (14% U.S. market share), to justify current $28 billion market cap.
Wall Street Loves IBM Again
- IBM may be in favor again by Wall Street.
- Consistent earnings growth (12%+) at an attractive price (12x P/E).
- Service is 50% of profits: Sales flat, but Net Income and EPS keep growing due to this.
- Shareholder-friendly, free cash flow returned to shareholders (share repurchase and dividends).
- Qualcomm: Understanding The Risks Before You Buy
- The Weekly Dow: 5 Highest-Profit Margin Stocks
- 3 High-Risk, High-Reward Stocks
- The Weekly Dow: 5 Cheapest Price-to-Book Stocks
- Is HTC A Better Rebound Play Than Nokia And BlackBerry?
- The Weekly Dow: Top 5 Dividend Plays
- Valuation Multiples Explained
- Early Warning Signs Of A Pullback
- Intel: The Other Side Of The Coin
- Why Book Value Does Not Matter For Buffett's IBM Investment
- Accounting Lessons From Corning
- Companies With Economic Moats For The Next Stock Market Pullback
- Lessons Learned From An Apple Bull
- Projecting Apple's Earnings Results Based On iPhone And iPad Units Sold
- Reviewing The Mobile Revenue Of Major Internet Companies
- Is Inorganic Growth What's Really Driving Amazon's Sales?
- Qihoo Vs. Baidu, Which Is The Better Play For China's Online Search?
- 2012 Global Handset Market Share Analysis
- Could Yum's China Profits Fall 13% Due To Operating Leverage?
- The Cyclical And Secular Risks Of The PC Industry
- 5 Stocks Trading Below Book Value
- Is Amazon A Buy Or Sell In 2013?
- Corning: A Rebound Play With A 2.6% Dividend Yield
- 5 Dividend Stocks For 2013
The U.S. Debt Crisis Explained In Layman's Terms
Dec. 26, 2012 • 38 Comments
- Is Motorola Mobility Acquisition Sinking Google?
- Apple: Gross Margin Conundrum Explained
- McDonald's: 8-9% Total Return A Year
- Can Facebook Be Considered A Value Play?