Michael J. Ray

View Michael J. Ray's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Advanced Cell Technology: Investors Should Consider Selling [View article]
    Mrudula Shah,

Yes I will complete a response but there is a lot of info to go thru. I was looking at the conference call and getting ready to post when this article came up. Trying to tie it all together is not an easy thing to do in just one article much less in a comment section. Stay tuned
    Aug 20 01:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Cell Technology: Investors Should Consider Selling [View article]
    Hi MSF

Not hiding, just enjoying the article above. Good to hear the opinions of others whether you agree with them or not. Best to you and yours.
    Aug 19 03:46 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Speculative Investors Can't Ignore Advanced Cell Technology [View article]
    rick1500,

no worries my response was to MSF. He is one of my biggest fans as everyone can see. 8-)

I just wished he owned some ACTC stock.
    Aug 8 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MSF,

You are one interesting dude, that is about all I can say. Now pardon me as I have to look for another silver treasure ship on the horizon.

Mike
    Aug 8 05:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hmmmmm,

Well some have accused me of being a paid price pumper, while others think I have some grand evil plan to manipulate the share price. Sigh. None which is true. I'm just a retail investor. I don't have a hedge fund or some other website that I try to get you all to go to for clicks. I'm not an investigative reporter nor some crusader for justice. I'm not paid to do this stuff. I just find it interesting to talk to CEO's and see what they have to say about their companies. I do this for fun and a great way for me to do my research. If you don't like what they say or the questions I ask then I guess that is too bad. You could always set up your own interview and grind out these issues with mgmt. and see what happens. Seeing that this probably won't happen I will just be content with knowing that I can always count on you to bring your unique style to the usually boring comment section. Best wishes.
    Aug 7 06:26 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks MSF. Good to have your 2 cents. Although we don't agree on things, I appreciate your dialog and passion. Take care.

Mike
    Aug 2 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks MSF. No matter what happens I can always count on you to leave a comment no matter how much you hate the stock. 8-) Best to you and yours.

Mike
    Aug 2 03:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Plays For The Speculative Investor [View article]
    I hear you. thanks for the reply.
    Jul 1 04:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Plays For The Speculative Investor [View article]
    dougie,

Just curious, why not use options to lock in the gains or generate monthly income instead of trading shares. Selling covered calls, buying puts could be easier and cheaper. ARNA has some interesting option plays for all. Just curious
    Thanks
    Jun 28 03:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Plays For The Speculative Investor [View article]
    No its not. I read Spencer's plus everything else. For me ARNA is still speculative and only time will decide exactly what will happen. As you can see I'm going long the calls instead of buying the stock outright. It should leverage the position and be cheaper. I'll short the closer in month calls at some point to reduce the cost and generate some income while we wait. Good luck to you.
    Jun 27 04:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing With The Alpha Bulldog - An Interview With Hedge Fund Activist Phillip Goldstein Of Bulldog Investors [View article]
    closedendtrader,

Thanks for the comment. This is my first interview with Mr. Goldstein. I think he and I got along very well and I hope to interview him again in the future if he is interested. His no nonsense approach is great, and his methods are sound. They call his fund Bulldog for a reason. 8-)
    Jun 12 06:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Todd,

If Mr. Landis were to contact me to present his own case then I would gladly interview him as well. I doubt that will happen cause if Bulldog can not contact Mr. Landis, then there is little chance I would be successful. I'm not the WSJ.

The reason this is 100% one-sided in favor of Mr. Goldstein's views is because it was an interview directly with him. These were his direct words, so it will obviously slant that way. Thanks for the comment.
    Jun 12 12:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Must-Own Stocks For 2013 [View article]
    VI,

Nice, can't wait to read what you came up with. I always love new ideas.

Mike
    Jan 10 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Must-Own Stocks For 2013 [View article]
    Thanks VI. Please notice my disclosure.

Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in RNF, GLNG over the next 72 hours.

I use my articles as a way to do my own DD. Might as well share with everyone that is interested. I will have those positions in short order. Thanks for taking the time to comment.
    Jan 9 05:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Must-Own Energy Names For The Income Investor [View article]
    northhills24,

For kicks you should check out his newsletter "Dividend Lab". If you like his articles you will love his product. http://dividendlab.com

I am not trying to sell anything to anyone. I know Todd and he is the best at what he does. His returns speak for themselves. I'm just passing along an idea for what its worth.
    Sep 26 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment