Michael J. Ray

View Michael J. Ray's Comments BY TICKER:
  • An Unlikely Winner In The War For Income [View article]
    Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I do not believe that CEFA is correct. NUV does not use leverage but the management company Nuveen does use lots of leverage in other muni CEF's they have like NPP. I believe that CEFA has incorrect data. I used cefconnect.com and they show none. I also went to the Nuveen homepage as well and found no leverage with NUV. Here is the link where they list all their funds and if leveraged is use or not. NUV has none.

Thanks for your comment and for looking into it. I appreciate your checking it out.
    Dec 13 11:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Unlikely Winner In The War For Income [View article]
    DAVE22Q

My analysis was not to convince anyone to buy NUV or sell their commodity holdings. I just found it very interesting how these much bigger names get lots of press and analysis while this simple CEF beat most all of them for the year. Just a curious observation I wanted to share as I am sure no one else would spend the time to even look at it. In the long run I feel the commodity names will win out but I thought the article was just something different enough to entertain readers, and not the same old thing you always see. Thanks for your comments, I appreciate your thoughts.

Mike
    Dec 13 11:23 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Digging Deeper For Hidden Income In The Energy Sector [View article]
    Thank your for your comment.
    Dec 12 06:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Approval Of Anturol Is A Major Positive For Antares [View article]
    As always a great comment Tappy.
    Dec 9 06:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Perifosine Phase 3 Trials Will Likely Fail [View article]
    The only thing that matters is the science. Adam Feuerstein's conclusions are not trustworthy. I place little faith in what he says and writes. Basing your opinion on whether someone has done it before or not is pointless. If that was any way to truly judge things then we would all still be living in caves.

Adam G, what people here want to know is what you think? Most people don't care about Feuerstein. I for one would like to hear your opinion whether good or bad on these companies. Let's not give Adam F. anymore face time. He has done enough damage already for whatever reason.
    Dec 8 11:31 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors And Traders In The Biotech Landscape [View article]
    I completely agree. Thanks for the comment.
    Dec 7 02:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors And Traders In The Biotech Landscape [View article]
    Hi James,

The point was that some people only invest in a specific drug and not the company as a whole. AIS and BPAX is a great example of this. Of course AIS has much more than LibiGel but that was not the focus here. Thanks for the comments.
    Dec 6 06:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes [View article]
    tappy, thanks for the comments. I have another article out soon that will address just this. Thanks
    Nov 30 06:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Drug Approvals Make Or Break Biotechnology Stocks [View article]
    Nice article Todd. Biotech is a truly for those who can stomach the volatility.
    Nov 30 12:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Income Investor's 7 Stock Christmas Wish List [View article]
    Adam,

Thanks for the comment. It was a fun article to write during the holiday season. Something different than the standard old thing.
    Nov 30 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: My Favorite 2012 Dividend Stock Idea [View article]
    Very nice article. Thanks for the write up.
    Nov 28 03:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Flee Potential Danger From The Euro Debt Crisis [View article]
    Great article. Very timely and well written.
    Thanks
    Nov 21 05:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners' Dividend Dilemma, And A Look At Other Fertilizer Plays [View article]
    A very nice write up. I also own UAN and am happy with that. I think I'll pass on RNF for now until I see a bit more history. Thanks
    Nov 16 11:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotechs And Their Trials By Fire [View article]
    gdcat,

Good question so first let me say I do not know the answer. But here is what I think. ACTC will want to couple the dilution with good news is my bet. I think we will see a JV very soon followed by a increase in shares. If the JV is big enough then I doubt the dilution will matter much as it will be a big deal. I doubt the rest of the world will just watch as some companies start to make their move. So my answer is if you are a believer, who cares if you buy at 0.11 or 0.09 or even 0.08. No one knows in the short term what the price will be and if anyone says they do they are lying. When the stock price is over $2 in the not too distant future does it matter about a few pennies?

Of course this is a penny stock and I could be way off base and very wrong. Buy what you can afford to lose and then just hang on.
    Nov 10 04:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • International Stocks To Consider Adding To Your Portfolio [View article]
    A nice list. Thanks for your article.
    Nov 10 02:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment