Michael J. Ray

View Michael J. Ray's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Guns, Gold, And Whiskey: A Cowboy's Portfolio [View article]
    richyoy403,

Thanks for the comment. It was a fun article to write. Something a bit different than the norm.
    Nov 10 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Guns, Gold, And Whiskey: A Cowboy's Portfolio [View article]
    Right on bluesmoke. I like your style.
    Nov 10 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Guns, Gold, And Whiskey: A Cowboy's Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I will take a look at that also.
    Nov 10 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Guns, Gold, And Whiskey: A Cowboy's Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks for your suggestion. I will take a look.
    Nov 10 10:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotechs And Their Trials By Fire [View article]
    gdcat,

Here is a quote from the company,

"the number of additional warrants convertible into shares of common stock such holders of warrants could demand would be approximately 380 million."

They don't have that many shares available so will have to go back and dilute to get more.
    Nov 9 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotechs And Their Trials By Fire [View article]
    Good question. We know that dilution is coming so one might say to wait for that to be announced. On the other side of the coin, one does not know when a JV might appear (or even a buyout offer) which could make the dilution a moot point if big enough. Couple it with trial results and who knows what could happen. Sorry but I just don't have the answer to that question. Wish I did.
    Nov 8 04:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotechs And Their Trials By Fire [View article]
    Insiders sell often for tax issues and Dr. Lanza had done that before. Is it a gamble? No, gambling is pure chance and I think we are a bit above that. Having reviewed the science, analyzed the SEC filings, and had endless discussions with others, it turns into something more like informed speculation. Is it very risky? Yes! Can you lose all your $ if the science is bad? Yes ! If the science does work and ACTC can get all of its product to market will it have a market cap like Apple? Yes ! Lots of if's I know, so don't bet the farm but it would not surprise me to see ACTC as a household name someday. For what it is worth.....
    Nov 8 02:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotechs And Their Trials By Fire [View article]
    Is $20 realistic for the eye conditions? Probably not but we cant look at it by $20 pps. If we get dilution and lots of it where does that take our $20. What one needs to focus on is market cap instead. Also when all is said and done there will be a JV in place so the partner(s) will take a large share of the cash flow as they will be the ones to market and distribute the tech. Anyone who quotes a PPS really has no idea and is just guessing. It is just to early to even think in those realms. Lets get the trials done first.
    Nov 8 02:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotechs And Their Trials By Fire [View article]
    gdcat,

No, ACTC does not have enough $ to do everything that they want. In the lawsuits the companies want shares not cash. That tells me something, but to get them the shares will take lots of dilution to do it. ACTC's back is against the wall but they do hold lots of aces up their sleeves. My bet is that you will see a JV coming sooner than later that will provide some liquidity. Just prove the science and none of it really matters as the revenue potential will be huge. At least that seems to be the game plan for now. As for news and time frames is anyone's guess. Trials and JV's are very hush, hush so I could not really make a good guess on either, but I know its coming.
    Nov 7 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotechs And Their Trials By Fire [View article]
    From what I have seen ACTC does not want a buyout offer but will desperately be looking for a JV. With a JV in place they can put some of the finance issues behind them and start getting their other technologies to market sooner. $20 by next year is anyone's guess. Needless to say it is going to get rather exciting for that company in the coming months and years.
    Nov 7 12:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Best CEFs For The Income Investor's Portfolio [View article]
    dlbenson4@gmail.com

Thanks for the reply. The dividends should be correct for the annual yield. MIN for example distributes about 0.046 on a monthly basis and has all year long. Actually they have done this monthly distribution for roughly this amount ever since Oct of 2007. Every month they PR an announcement of the amount to be distributed for the month and the ex date. Here is the latest.

Looking at all of 2011 up to this point (and assuming they will continue in Dec) they are going to pump out a yield of roughly 8+% based upon today's price. I do not think Yahoo's 3.4% is accurate. I have seen where Yahoo seems to get confused on monthly distributions instead of quarterly but I am not sure that is the case here though. Here is my calculations if need be.

0.045 X 12 months = 0.54
    Current Price is $6.25
    0.54/6.25 = 8.64%

I doubt MIN will make any major changes in the monthly distribution anytime soon. Does this answer your question?
    Thanks
    Nov 5 02:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Best CEFs For The Income Investor's Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks for your support.
    Nov 2 05:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Canadian Energy Investments For The Income Investor [View article]
    Thanks for all the comments.
    Nov 2 12:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Canadian Energy Investments For The Income Investor [View article]
    No problem. I like them myself.
    Oct 31 12:38 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 Biotech To Buy And 6 FDA Decision-Pending Biotechs To Avoid [View article]
    A very interesting take on these companies. Nice to have a different view sometimes to keep all things in perspective.
    Oct 28 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment