Michael J. Ray

View Michael J. Ray's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Advanced Cell Technology: Investors Should Consider Selling [View article]
    Hi MSF

Not hiding, just enjoying the article above. Good to hear the opinions of others whether you agree with them or not. Best to you and yours.
    Aug 19, 2013. 03:46 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Perifosine Phase 3 Trials Will Likely Fail [View article]
    The only thing that matters is the science. Adam Feuerstein's conclusions are not trustworthy. I place little faith in what he says and writes. Basing your opinion on whether someone has done it before or not is pointless. If that was any way to truly judge things then we would all still be living in caves.

Adam G, what people here want to know is what you think? Most people don't care about Feuerstein. I for one would like to hear your opinion whether good or bad on these companies. Let's not give Adam F. anymore face time. He has done enough damage already for whatever reason.
    Dec 8, 2011. 11:31 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Canadian Income Investors Turned Speculators [View article]
    I find that writing about stocks that I own keeps me more focused. If I have some skin in the game it makes me dig that much deeper. I just hope that this article helps others make some sound decisions. I am not trying to get anyone to buy or sell. I just want to present the facts and let all judge for themselves.

Thanks
    May 10, 2012. 12:40 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy And Sell Recommendation In The Fertilizer Sector [View article]
    I love the fertilizer sectors and income. Keep them coming.
    Thanks
    Sep 20, 2011. 11:34 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Biotech Stocks Of 2012 [View article]
    By the way, since this article has been posted there has been great news about ACTC. The trial data has been released and it came out very positive. Seems that CNN and a host of other news sites have also picked up on the story. See for yourself on the link below. Times are changing.

Jan 23, 2012. 02:03 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Unlikely Winner In The War For Income [View article]
    DAVE22Q

My analysis was not to convince anyone to buy NUV or sell their commodity holdings. I just found it very interesting how these much bigger names get lots of press and analysis while this simple CEF beat most all of them for the year. Just a curious observation I wanted to share as I am sure no one else would spend the time to even look at it. In the long run I feel the commodity names will win out but I thought the article was just something different enough to entertain readers, and not the same old thing you always see. Thanks for your comments, I appreciate your thoughts.

Mike
    Dec 13, 2011. 11:23 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Canadian Energy Investments For The Income Investor [View article]
    No problem. I like them myself.
    Oct 31, 2011. 12:38 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Create an Aggressive Income Portfolio (Part 1) [View article]
    poultry/All

This article is just really just part 1 of a 2 part series. The article got so long that it was better to just have 2-3 articles instead of overwhelming the readers in 1. I am hoping to release the next article soon that will have lots more ideas including preferreds, reits, munis, and lots more for those interested. Just FYI
    Thanks
    Jul 7, 2011. 03:25 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Great Canadian Income Investments You Never Heard Of [View article]
    Mercy,

Thanks for the comment. You are right in that liquidity is a concern on some of these names. I plan to write about more of these hidden gems in the future and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    Jun 3, 2011. 12:26 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Speculative Investors Can't Ignore Advanced Cell Technology [View article]
    Hmmmmm,

Well some have accused me of being a paid price pumper, while others think I have some grand evil plan to manipulate the share price. Sigh. None which is true. I'm just a retail investor. I don't have a hedge fund or some other website that I try to get you all to go to for clicks. I'm not an investigative reporter nor some crusader for justice. I'm not paid to do this stuff. I just find it interesting to talk to CEO's and see what they have to say about their companies. I do this for fun and a great way for me to do my research. If you don't like what they say or the questions I ask then I guess that is too bad. You could always set up your own interview and grind out these issues with mgmt. and see what happens. Seeing that this probably won't happen I will just be content with knowing that I can always count on you to bring your unique style to the usually boring comment section. Best wishes.
    Aug 7, 2013. 06:26 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Plays For The Speculative Investor [View article]
    No its not. I read Spencer's plus everything else. For me ARNA is still speculative and only time will decide exactly what will happen. As you can see I'm going long the calls instead of buying the stock outright. It should leverage the position and be cheaper. I'll short the closer in month calls at some point to reduce the cost and generate some income while we wait. Good luck to you.
    Jun 27, 2013. 04:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing With The Alpha Bulldog - An Interview With Hedge Fund Activist Phillip Goldstein Of Bulldog Investors [View article]
    Todd,

If Mr. Landis were to contact me to present his own case then I would gladly interview him as well. I doubt that will happen cause if Bulldog can not contact Mr. Landis, then there is little chance I would be successful. I'm not the WSJ.

The reason this is 100% one-sided in favor of Mr. Goldstein's views is because it was an interview directly with him. These were his direct words, so it will obviously slant that way. Thanks for the comment.
    Jun 12, 2013. 12:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Dividend Stocks For Conservative Investors [View article]
    Great write-up. I look forward to every article you write. Keep up the good work.
    Dec 14, 2011. 06:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Unlikely Winner In The War For Income [View article]
    Thanks everyone for reading. I would like to say that I wrote this article based off an observation I found while running thru my holdings. I thought it was interesting enough and something different from the norm. I just want to show that in the search for income the biggest and most well known known names are not always the best. In this case, and only for a year's worth of data, a simple NUV held its own with the bet of them. Will it continue? NO, but always something to consider. Thanks for the comments whether good or bad. It was fun to write.

Mike
    Dec 13, 2011. 11:50 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: My Favorite 2012 Dividend Stock Idea [View article]
    Very nice article. Thanks for the write up.
    Nov 28, 2011. 03:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment