Michael Luo

View Michael Luo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Could Teva & Pfizer End Up In A Bidding War For Antares? [View article]
    no bidding war because if you look at the 10K of both PFE and TEVA, you'll see that TEVA has barely any cash. I doubt PFE has any interest in buying out ATRS. ATRS won't be accretive to TEVA until late 2015 at the earliest so I'm preparing for an early 2016 buyout
    Jan 29, 2014. 12:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Important Upcoming Catalyst For Antares - FDA Decision Expected October 14 [View article]
    nice article! glad to see you changed your opinion on Vibex QST. I do believe someone big, either PFE or TEVA, is after ATRS for their QST injector technology
    Oct 1, 2013. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Has Antares Pharma Fallen So Rapidly? [View article]
    That is an interesting proposition and it would surprise me if that happened. Although I do believe ATRS will be bought out, it won't happen until late 2015 or early 2016. But you've been in the markets a lot longer than I have and you've nailed some nice buyout picks recently so if there is a buyout at $7-10 at the end of this year, I won't be disappointed.
    Sep 25, 2013. 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Has Antares Pharma Fallen So Rapidly? [View article]
    Mr. Scott Matusow,

I think there will be an ATRS buyout by PFE or TEVA but not until late 2015 or early 2016. But I wouldn't bet against you since you've had some good calls about buyouts recently. OMPI comes to mind since I was long OMPI but sold and I obviously regret it.

So if there is an offering, how many shares and at what price? What would be the market capitalization of ATRS after the offering?
    Sep 21, 2013. 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Has Antares Pharma Fallen So Rapidly? [View article]
    hopefully that's the case...hope to see a SA article from you, yours back in october was very good!
    Sep 20, 2013. 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Has Antares Pharma Fallen So Rapidly? [View article]
    completely agree jab! couldn't have said it any better myself. thanks!
    Sep 20, 2013. 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Has Antares Pharma Fallen So Rapidly? [View article]
    This is something I forgot to address in my article so my apologies for not making it more objective. I am not a medical expert but I will tell you guys this - I am 175 lbs, 8% body fat, 5' 10.5'' (will pay 10k per inch to get to 6' 1''). I go to the gym every morning at 5:30AM before work and my dieting is 95% perfect. I bench 225 lbs, deadlift 350lbs, squat 300lbs, and shoulder press 145lbs (core four bang for your buck lifts). I have never used a testosterone product in my life and don't intend to. I only take optimum nutrition whey protein, costco performance multivitamin, glucosamine, and casein.

Androxal is a 12.5mg dose of clomifene for SECONDARY hypogonadism. IT IS PRIMARILY USED FOR FEMALE INFERTILITY with an OFF LABEL use in male hypogonadism. 12.5mg of androxal will not give you the increased muscle mass and increased libido that only 50mg - 100mg of testosterone enanthate delivered subcutaneously via VIBEX QST can provide.

I know a couple of bodybuilders that go to my gym regularly. Some of them may be taking intramuscular testosterone since it's really not possible to be in contest shape at 200 lbs and 3% body fat without intramuscular testosterone injections. But those guys are 200% more dedicated to body building than I am and their dieting is 150% perfect so hats off to them.

I have asked them about their opinions on VIBEX QST and they knew IMMEDIATELY that it was going to be a success. These guys KNOW what the market demands and it's a product like Vibex QST. They went even so far as to say it could be a MONOPOLY on the TRT market (I'll be happy with 15%).

One more thing about steroids and testosterone - the biggest problem with oral steroids is that it has to pass through the digestive system and that extra effort is incredibly taxing on the liver. Why do you guys think it's only a 12.5mg and not 60mg of androxal? Repros knows very well the side effects of oral delivery of TRT products.
    Sep 20, 2013. 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Baker Brothers Increase Shares In Halozyme By 105%, Insider Makes Big Buy And Options Heat Up [View article]
    Scott,

Your chart showing institutional holdings is incorrect. It looks like you got that chart from nasdaq.com. Nasdaq.com lists unchanged positions from quarter to quarter as "new" (I'm not sure why).

To make sure you are looking at the right increases, you have to click on that stock's quoted institutional ownership. When you do that for XOMA and SGEN, you'll notice that Baker Brothers are at the top and the share change was 0%. Not your fault, the nasdaq site is pretty confusing for institutional ownership.

Regarding XOMA - The 20M share purchase was made sometime in Q4 2011, not recently. If you are looking at the institutional holdings from nasdaq.com, you'll see that their 20M position as of 6/30/2013 is a "new" position. However, their 3/31/2013 13F also lists XOMA as 20M and "new" position.

So basically, their share amount hasn't changed since the last quarter so it's not "recent", which your article states.

For some reason, nasdaq.com lists unchanged positions as "new". I wish they could change that.

Also regarding SGEN, they DID NOT increase their position from 3/31/2013. It's also unchanged when you look at the SGEN institutional holdings detailed quote.

cheers,

Michael Luo
    Aug 28, 2013. 08:28 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Antares Pharma's Otrexup Will Gain FDA Approval And Generate Positive EPS [View article]
    richwillard,

thanks for the kind comments! Inner iHub posters and YMB posters such as tappy, jab, et al have also contributed a lot to getting the ATRS story out so they also deserve a lot of the credit. Thanks for reading and commenting!
    Aug 7, 2013. 09:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    thanks for reading matt!
    Aug 7, 2013. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    andybaron,

thanks for reading!

cheers
    Aug 7, 2013. 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    alex,

These are just automatic insider sales and I don't think the sales warrant any attention. Once ATRS hits $12-15 within the next couple of years, you'll still see the sales but they will be at $12-15 with the options priced at $4. Jack Howarth, VP of corporate affairs, has over 500k shares which he purchased himself through the open market. Mr. JH does not have to report his purchases since he is not technically considered an insider per SEC guidelines.

thanks for reading and commenting!
    Aug 7, 2013. 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jon,

I think once ATRS starts to generate positive EPS with Otrexup in 2014, the street will start paying attention and a valuation multiple of greater than 5x market cap to revenue will be priced to ATRS. Once there is positive EPS of 10,15, 20, 25C, you will see the street start to value QST, the big blockbuster, more and more and assign a 7-8X market cap to revenue multiplier.

With SC admin of MTX, the dosage the doctor prescribes is the dosage the patient gets in terms of bioavailability. With oral MTX, even if the doctor prescribes 25mg of MTX, the patient may only be using 10-15mg of that so the excess is causing the liver damage. Bioavailability of oral MTX peaks at about 15mg.

Thanks for reading!
    Aug 7, 2013. 09:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    alexnatividad,

Thanks for that link. My google chrome translated it from German to English so I will do my best to address your concern. From what I'm reading on the link, this was made by a company in Hamburg.

My first reaction was 'is this going to be sold in the US'? U.S. Patent Number 8,480,631 will protect Otrexup in the U.S. for 17 years. This protects the subcutaneous auto injector in the U.S.

So my question to you is this - is that "Metex" device going to be sold in the U.S. if it isn't already?
    Aug 7, 2013. 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jab,

thanks for the kind words, your posts are always much appreciated on the YMB!

cheers!