View as an RSS Feed
View Michael Shedlock's Articles BY TICKER:
Japan Learns to Live With Deflation (If Only Analysts Could Figure Out How)
Jan. 31, 2011 • 9 Comments
- WSJ Reports New Jersey Pension Deficit at $54 Billion - Actual Deficit $174 Billion; Illinois, California, New Jersey Among Worst States
- Canadian Borrowing Gone Mad: A Look at BMO's Misguided Balance Sheet Theory and the Keep on Dancin' Market Share Theory of Toronto-Dominion
EU Agrees to Agree in 2013, Bickers Like Mad Now; Smoldering Greece, Smoldering Politics
Dec. 16, 2010 • 1 Comment
- Multiple Simultaneous Games of 'Chicken'; Price Controls on Wal-Mart; China Declares Shift to 'Prudent' Monetary Policy
After All the Hype, Jobs Up an Anemic 39,000; Unemployment Rises to 9.8%; Quicksand of Stimulus
Dec. 3, 2010 • 14 Comments
Social Enterprise Survival Tactics and Some Very Uncreative Economic Fix-Its
Dec. 1, 2010 • Comment!
Effect of Housing and Trade With China on Durable Goods Shipments 1994 to October 2010
Nov. 30, 2010 • Comment!
Large Companies Hiring, Small Companies Not; Federal Hiring Strong, States Cutting Back; Proposed Solutions; Bright Side of Fed Policies
Nov. 22, 2010 • 1 Comment
Investigation of Bernanke's Proclaimed 'Success' of QE II at Lowering Rates
Nov. 16, 2010 • 4 Comments
- 'Midas Crush' - MarketWatch Attempts to Explain 'Why Gold Is a Bad Investment'
Common Sense vs. Academic Formulas; Fed Concludes Structurally High Unemployment Is a Myth
Nov. 9, 2010 • 7 Comments
South Korea, Hong Kong, Brazil, China, Volcker Complain About Bernanke's QE Policy
Nov. 5, 2010 • 5 Comments
QEII Announced, Fed Set to Buy $600 Billion in Bonds, Reinvest $250 Billion More; Fed Micromanaged Economy to Oblivion; No Miracles Coming
Nov. 3, 2010 • 21 Comments
Double Dip Delayed, Not Derailed; Understanding Consumer Spending
Oct. 29, 2010 • 20 Comments
- Cash Cow: 'Who Has the Cash?' Follow-Up
Gallup Mid-Month Survey Confirms Prior Reading of 10% Unemployment; Expect Huge Rise in Unemployment After Mid-Term Elections
Oct. 19, 2010 • 4 Comments
Industrial Production Unexpectedly Declines, First Drop in a Year; Where to From Here?
Oct. 18, 2010 • 2 Comments
Inflation Targeting Proposal an Exercise in Blazing Stupidity; Fed Fools Itself
Oct. 15, 2010 • 15 Comments
- PBoC Researcher Says China Should 'Set Red Line for Yuan Appreciation at 3%'; IMF Participants Pledge to 'Create Reports'
- Unclear Titles Will Sideline Buyers of Foreclosed Properties for Many Months
Economic Nonsense From Ezra Klein at The Washington Post
Oct. 9, 2010 • 69 Comments
SEC Failure to Regulate MBS Resulted in 'Interconnected Ponzi Scheme With Various Types of Concurrent Fraud'
Oct. 8, 2010 • Comment!
- Defending China's Trade Policies; A 'What if?' Thought Test
Open Dissent at the Fed: Charles Plosser (Philly Fed) Opposes QE2; Thomas Hoenig (Kansas City) Attends Tea Party
Sep. 30, 2010 • 4 Comments
QE Engine Revs, Car Goes Nowhere
Sep. 28, 2010 • 4 Comments
- Pied Piper Politics; Krugman and Candle Makers Complain About the Sun; Global Trade Wars
- Eurozone Recovery Slows; Contraction Evident Except Germany, France
Prepare for Currency/Trade Wars; How Might China Respond to U.S. Tariffs?
Sep. 27, 2010 • 13 Comments
Question of the Day: How Many People Have Exhausted All Their Unemployment Benefits?
Sep. 24, 2010 • 26 Comments
Reading Between the Lies
Sep. 22, 2010 • 8 Comments
Response to Nouriel Roubini on 'America Needs a Payroll Tax Cut'
Sep. 21, 2010 • 10 Comments