Michael van der Meer

View Michael van der Meer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Seeking Alpha Crowd Wisdom Predicts Future Stock Returns [View article]
    It would also be interesting to explore to what extent this has to do with reflexivity (i.e. self-fulfilling prophecy) rather than the wisdom of the crowd. To the extent that it could be ever be proven if SAs predictions predict/affect small-caps disproportionately this would be a symptom of reflexivity. Although EMH proponents could argue that these equities were simply less well covered an therefore more sensitive to new information/interpreta...
    Mar 20 12:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems: 4-D Printing A Threat To Long-Term Margins? [View article]
    I am neutral on DDD, but I found the argument of the article one dimensional (no pun intended)
    Feb 27 09:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems: 4-D Printing A Threat To Long-Term Margins? [View article]
    What nonsense
    Feb 27 08:35 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems: 4-D Printing A Threat To Long-Term Margins? [View article]
    What nonsense
    Feb 27 08:35 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Vision Is Not Necessary To See 3D Systems Is Overvalued [View article]
    Generally a good article but I find the idea that HPQ and Lenovo could easily gain a foothold into this market far-fetched. Both companies frankly lack the management, drive, and R&D competencies. More likely competitors are the likes of GE and IBM but even there it's easier said than done.

In addition, though I respect Chanos, once it comes to him banging on about the recognition of goodwill I don't believe this is something that fools any analyst out there. What goodwill is useful for is that it is a proxy for how aggressive management is in their general reporting. However in the case of DDD it is less a case of aggressive accounting - the sources of goodwill are quite easily identified and just as easily discounted by an analyst.
    Dec 5 05:01 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Camtek Ltd To Launch First Of Its Kind 3-D Printer [View article]
    Jo Teng, I would be very wary of taking Lomiko too seriously
    Nov 25 10:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Organovo Achieves One Month Performance, Drug Responsiveness for 3D Bioprinted Liver Tissues [View article]
    This is very bullish I would imagine
    Oct 22 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Graphene: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View article]
    Thanks Miles, my primary source is Espacenet
    http://bit.ly/19QwKgb and

and seems to be corroborated by
    http://bit.ly/15lcUvP (page 3)

Graftech's focus is on graphite technologies and it's natural for them to look into graphene. They don't seem to have taken their graphene interest very far, possibly due to the spurious link between graphite and the industrial application of graphene I argue in my article. However, it's a positive sign that graftech management has not sought to hype anything they may have done on graphene which shows that their core business is respectable without the need for hype.
    Oct 18 04:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Graphene: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View article]
    Thanks User and IW. I would certainly err on the side of caution with AGIN but I don't pretend to know everything
    Sep 1 12:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Graphene: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View article]
    Thanks jargon. I would argue a lack of info is a good reason not to invest. If AGIN had a firm basis on which they were going to develop 3D printing with a relatively unknown Ukrainian institute I'm sure they'd have let us know by know.
    Aug 30 12:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Graphene: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View article]
    Thanks Willem, I agree w this attitude. Groet
    Aug 30 07:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Graphene: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View article]
    Thanks GT, I apologize for my slightly tongue in cheek comment. Your website is a valuable resource and was a significant input for my article - the reason why I linked to it at the top of the article.

I didn't think that I could contribute much to the CVV short article. They make some fair points, CVV is by no means a sure bet. But no risk no gain I suppose.
    Aug 30 07:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Graphene: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View article]
    Thanks, I enjoyed your contrarian article. I would recommend anyone to read it before considering CVV.
    Aug 29 10:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Graphene: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View article]
    Thanks for your comment - current applications for CVD (semiconductors) is cyclical. You're right to point out that if CVD becomes the preferred method of mass graphene production then this would reduce this risk - but that risk exists for the time being.
    Aug 29 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Graphene: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. Yes I want to emphasize that these may very well be decent investments as graphite companies/miners. My article only intends to expose some of their wilder claims pertaining to graphene are disingenuous.
    Aug 29 09:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment