Michael Vascocu

View Michael Vascocu's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Celgene's Revlimid Patent Families Do Not Appear To Meet Criteria For Protection [View article]
    It is funny, as my first thought is how come such generic companies can't come up with an original thought or drug for that matter, that they have to attempt to challenge the solid patents of Brand name companies. Also, much of this is over my head, as my back ground is a Pharmacist with a B.S. degree, but from experience, and from what I have read, these patents in the US and abroad are not all going away anytime soon. And, Celgene is probably prepared for any future potential negative consequences, to possibly have an isomer drug in the works, or to even sell their generic form of Thalomide (just a guess on the latter). And Celgene has one of the strongest pipelines of development drugs in alliances with many up and coming young (yet strong) Biotech companies. I only have a small position in Celgene.
    May 13, 2015. 04:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Biotech Stocks Now, Short Them, And Ask Questions Later [View article]
    Disagree! CLDN was not expected to do well, but there are some well loved gene therapy, smart technology biotech stocks. Why you pick the worst performer? Also, nearly every first quarter is rough for large cap biotech's, the reason for the sell down ahead of their earnings. But, just like last year, volume will pour in about now ahead of ASCO and other conferences, which could continue into July. And, even if interest rates are to increase (slowly), biotech's (good ones) are like banks (maybe even better run) with huge cash reserves on hand, and the potential to skyrocket in price on good news (Ex. BLUE, AGIO - no positions here in those), and others in the CarT realms can also expect to do well, since the 'cure' rates are quite high thus far in blood cancers (we shall see in solid tumors - more to come). If anything now is a very good time to cover shorts, not add to them!
    Apr 30, 2015. 07:52 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ziopharm up 15% on Intrexon/Merck Serono deal [View news story]
    I wish - ok, time to stop this - getting out of hand.
    Mar 31, 2015. 04:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ziopharm up 15% on Intrexon/Merck Serono deal [View news story]
    I must be doing something right Joe, to be doing this for about 4 years full time now, and not working at all as a Pharmacist(my career occupation)....you?
    Mar 31, 2015. 04:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ziopharm up 15% on Intrexon/Merck Serono deal [View news story]
    Whatever Joe - I actually hope it goes much lower, so I can reload up shares - dumb money may sell it down, but smart money like me will be GLAD to buy more if the price does drop. So, if that occurred (a very low price drop), and I buy more with a confident view of what I own, and who is also owning that I know owns it, while you are bragging and patting yourself on the back for you measly #10 put position, I will have no worries at all, seeing the bright future ahead. Of course I would not own as much as I owned in October, but a certain amount would be plenty!
    Mar 31, 2015. 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ziopharm up 15% on Intrexon/Merck Serono deal [View news story]
    Simpleton would be you Joe - you waging a #10 put battle in a war of huge machines and large smarter minds that will buy every major dip hand over fist.
    Mar 31, 2015. 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ziopharm up 15% on Intrexon/Merck Serono deal [View news story]
    Brilliant idea Joe! Call it simplemindedness by a simpleton.....lol. Maybe those later buyers don't mind holding ZIOP for years, and adding on any dip, as demonstrated already, many times.
    Mar 31, 2015. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ziopharm up 15% on Intrexon/Merck Serono deal [View news story]
    Time already has Joe - of course I am not holding as much as I was back in Oct to Dec. You are too funny.
    Mar 31, 2015. 06:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ziopharm up 15% on Intrexon/Merck Serono deal [View news story]
    Sure, JUNO is a winner and that may continue, however, it's market cap is now over $5 Billion, and ZIOP is under $1.3 Billion. Let's just say the Cytokine CarT and one other CarT out of 5 others they start up this year (besides the few in Phase I from MDA at present) end up as efficacious as JUNO with their year end to next year's data, with lower toxicity, quicker to make & infuse, and more economical, and non-viral vector. You think if just the minimal occurs, that the ZIOP market cap will still be closer to $1 Billion than $3 Billion? Sure Joe, on here, thinks it hurts so much to lose a few bucks, but when smart people like myself are buying hand over fist close to $2.31 last October, I guarantee you, I ain't losing much on any drop...lol.
    Mar 30, 2015. 06:43 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ziopharm up 15% on Intrexon/Merck Serono deal [View news story]
    LOL Joe! - He bombards StockTwits and the blogs and then InvestorVillage with his comparisons to the Florida condo market, over what? What was his bet, some $10 puts? And it likely will not go so low. Many of the bears have no idea of the Intrexon tech. and the ability for XON & ZIOP to make CarTs better w/ non-viral, less toxic approach, and make them much quicker, and control side effects better with the 'dimmer' RheoSwitch On/off system. There will remain huge demand for shares ahead of much data & events to come.
    Mar 30, 2015. 11:04 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reasons For Being Bearish On ZIOP - Just The Facts [View instapost]
    You do have a point there, that this blog is not so influential and your article is not so much read, and even S/A is not as it once was with Yahoo Financial dumping S/A a year ago. However, I don't get you Joe. You try so hard here to make your point and 'win' the argument, when you are not even betting so much. And I see you over at Investor Village saying you will return if you end up correct, but why? To say you won, and to pat yourself on the back when likely at least 90% of that audience don't care? How many would stick around and post there if say things were on the bad side? Most people on that site are bullish and very optimistic especially after that huge MDA deal in January, and RJ Kirk backing and very encourage to see the likes of Bill Miller praising both XON & ZIOP. A major difference between a win in ZIOP over Motorola, is that ZIOP could be involved in curing and helping cancer patients. Seen many a cancer death in family, to include my Father this week, 4 years ago. So, yeah, it is very important to me and it is very interesting to follow the science and hope that it does work to not just help my finances, but most importantly to save more lives, especially children.

If there was to be a downtrend to continue it would more likely be due to the overall market or biotech overall in general. Also, remember what Bill Miller said? He said that he felt that Ziopharm had more advantages in CART therapy than JUNO & KITE, and much cheaper, with JUNO close to a $5 Billion market cap, and KITE closer to $3 B MC. So, maybe your attention is on the wrong stock.
    Mar 29, 2015. 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ZIOP - Back To The Mean, $6 In My Opinion [View instapost]

You can listen to the Conference Call above from Intrexon's last Earnings CC - where XON CEO RJ Kirk gives a Ziopharm answer to the question in Q&A, something like, "So, you all know that Ziopharm has been in talks lately with Pharma right" - as if he wanted that disclosure out there, because it must be some serious discussions that will lead to some type of deal not long after. Why else would he say that, when he has no reason to pump? - he does not pump, or else he would do a lot more promotion than he does (as most other biotech/SynBio/other) companies do. He is a Billionaire and does not need the money and is very confident at what he has - in fact he did not even give that message above until the Q&A portion of the call!

I ask again, why would he even bring it up if not close to a deal? - the next XON earnings call is likely early May - do you think he wants to deal with that big question or angry ZIOP shareholder calls & email at that time? Not likely, although I am not so concerned either way, as there will also be many catalysts upcoming and the biotech sector could be ramping much higher again.

Also, Ziopharm is not just a CAR T-cell company with IL12 tx in Glioblastoma M. and Breast Cancer and they even have a Palifosfamide Matisse SCLC update to be presented at a medical conference by mid year(already announced) and the already in Phase I CAR T MD Anderson data could come anytime, and launch of other (up to 5 CarTs) this year, and possible pre-clinical CAR data too before ASCO time. They could also be adding a Bispecific candidate soon too or other. There are many large Pharma/biotech companies interested in at least partnering up with ZIOP either in specific indications or the whole pipeline - we shall see!

Keep in mind that call option buyers are not always as wrong as you think - they were 'very' right in December & January, and acting like something just as big could come before RJ Kirk speaks again at his next earnings Call in early May. I doubt that he wants to field any questions from analysts/others wondering why no new deal yet after eluding to it already, but either way, no problem with me. I and Bill Miller and many others loved this latest 25% or so dip in ZIOP/XON prices. I guarantee you that your article had nothing to do with it, and you offered nothing of true substance on ZIOP, except saying the same thing you could have said about nearly $5 Billion market cap JUNO. Bill Miller feels that ZIOP has better technology in the CarT space than JUNO & KITE.

I think too large of a 'single' Daytrader type volume came in on the 2 green candle move yesterday and wanted to sell by days end, but judging by how XON acted into late day(up over 10%), I feel that ZIOP will also continue to move back up to $14 - time will tell.
    Mar 28, 2015. 10:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ACADIA Pharmaceuticals At $30: The Upside Doesn't Justify The Risk [View article]
    There is risk to everything and even another delay is possible, but surely unlikely after being tested so much here and know what they have to do - maybe get advice from others? This is just a pill, and not some complicated injection device that would require much rigorous inspection. To me, the reward to risk is very good, but if say the price did dip very low on non-clinical and/or macro concerns, I would be very happy to add to my relatively small position here.
    Mar 26, 2015. 02:02 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ziopharm: Pipeline Expansion And Data Updates To Drive Near-Term Upside [View article]
    When indexes are being hit, and many top biotech's are getting taken down mainly due to excessive media chatter about biotech valuations and such, you can have these temporary price hits. The price got lowered very quickly the last 3 days and here the price is not all that much higher than where it was after the MD Anderson deal in January. This is biotech and you have to anticipate these moves and ride them out or just not own them if you cannot handle it. In mere days or weeks or whenever the next big news comes out, then this weeks low prices will be just that, history. There is much chatter that a partnership or even a buyout could come due to what Intrexon CEO RJ Kirk said on his last XON earnings Conference call said, that "Ziopharm has been in talks with Pharma" or similar words, so it depends on how far along those talks are and when they are finalized, as to how soon news on that front may come. And of course much data to come and quite a few Conferences ahead too that could move the stock price. I would say we are either at support or very near it, with a sharp move up higher. It looked like much accumulation and a stronger move higher with a strong RSI into the close, with Intrexon moving back up from support as well, that included some very large call options buying. Ziopharm has seen a lot of call buying as well, that only recently took some money losses, but with still much continued interest to buy calls, and hold a large amount of those (Not selling). There appears to also be an interest in selling puts, in particular the May month that has some large premiums at the moment, if you are so inclined to do so, and understand the risk involved. As always do your own due diligence and understand that biotech stocks can be volatile short term, even the most liked ones.
    Mar 25, 2015. 10:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Reasons For Being Bearish On ZIOP - Just The Facts [View instapost]
    No other Pharma or biotech company I know of has a similar exact on/off system model as the RheoSwitch with the same benefits, that works as well, from what I have seen or read. And no, those companies you mentioned are not using it and I did not even see they were in the same arenas as Ziopharm. There may be similar type drug activators, but many of those are also drugs that have their own serious side effect issues.

Look Joe, personally I don't care what you do, whether you are short or not. I also hold some short put positions in other stocks, and follow a few trading sites. But for those positions that I am short in, I don't try so hard to tick off longs and certainly would not stretch the truth to do so.
    Mar 23, 2015. 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment