Michael Vascocu

View Michael Vascocu's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The 'Golden Age Of Biotechnology'? [View article]
    "I am not "touting Kyle Bass" just noting that the issue of drug pricing is getting increasingly more coverage."

Well, ok, but Kyle Bass is basically heavily shorting a large biotech stock like Celgene, and then trying to challenge a patent without any common sense justification. Kind of like shorting an oil company in Venezuela and then convincing Chavez to takeover all oil companies - didn't that happen btw? I can remember pricing of drugs going way back into my 2 decade career as a Pharmacist involved in retail and mail order Pharmacy as a licensed Pharmacist. And so long as this is a capitalist country I seriously doubt that the government can control the pricing of drugs in an absolutely perfect manner.

A boom in biotechnology will most likely continue as long as advances occur in cancer treatment/other and prices will continue to rise so long as the US market does not tank. Any large pullback in the market always results in the prices only rising back up in biotech. Saying that the risk reward is not as favorable is like saying that earnings in Celgene or Gilead will no longer grow.

Just my opinion...
    Aug 3, 2015. 01:21 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'Golden Age Of Biotechnology'? [View article]
    Sorry, but any S/A article that touts Kyle Bass....LOL! You can't compare the current situation in biotech to that of tech in 2000 or whatever. Demand drives current prices and how much a large Pharma or large biotech company could easily pay for such innovative biotech companies. Just because say JUNO may not make $10 Billion in M&A, other indications could crop up that also work well with more innovative engineered CarTs that could make a dent in solid tumors. And you could see some CarT combo Txs. You can't just try to narrow it down on how much 'you think' they may earn. For a therapy that nearly cures most individuals in ALL, just how much would that alone be worth to a big Pharma. Or how much would say adding better Interleukin 12 (other IL) be worth to a large Pharma looking for the best Armored CarT option, as with Ziopharm(ZIOP) & Intrexon(XON)...in my opinion. Also, biotechs (mostly larger) are earning more revs than ever before and cancer is being treated and cured (in many individuals in hard to tx cancers) much better than a decade ago. Also, you probably can't count on tanking biotech while the US macro market is doing so well. And, in my opinion, many of these medium to larger young biotech's are even more stable than banks, flush with cash and ripe with intelligence and with hungry investors that want to be in these names....the names that can open up one day, up 100% or more. I could go on and on.....
    Aug 3, 2015. 11:18 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insiders Are Buying These Speculative Biotech Stocks [View article]
    Respectfully disagree Bret - the Phase I in GBM has already begun, back in May per the PR from Ziopharm. You can't rely on the Clinicaltrials.gov website for accuracy. With it being open label, it would not be so difficult for some to know about it & for it to reflect quickly in the marketplace. The preclinical results were sure spectacular!
    BOSTON, May 5, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. (ZIOP), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of new cancer therapies, today announced the initiation of a Phase 1 study of Ad-RTS-hIL-12 + veledimex in patients with recurrent or progressive glioblastoma or Grade III malignant glioma, a form of brain cancer. Ad-RTS-hIL-12 is a novel gene therapy candidate for the controlled expression of IL-12, a critical protein for stimulating an anti-cancer T cell immune response.
    Jul 24, 2015. 01:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Does ZIOP Short Interest Keep Climbing? [View instapost]
    Hey, it's your blog article, so I will let you have the last word.....good luck!
    Jul 13, 2015. 04:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Does ZIOP Short Interest Keep Climbing? [View instapost]
    They would still use an efficacious dose activated by a mere pill, a huge advantage at solving the Blood brain barrier obstacle, and with it being such a usual complicated procedure, if they show a huge survival benefit too......such Phase I success in CarT sure propelled Juno and Kite. So much can happen before 2018, and by that time if ZIOP is still independent, just how many more CarTs (just one topic) indications and configurations would Merck Serono/other have chosen by then, with more R&D and royalty funds to hit the bottom line? You really need to do more DD!
    Jul 13, 2015. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Does ZIOP Short Interest Keep Climbing? [View instapost]
    Well, decent points there Joe, but if say Ziopharm demonstrates further their worth from their experience in manipulating Interleukins to treat solid tumors with success and adding it to CarT as JUNO and KITE and others are about to do (with zero experience of their own in solid tumors thus far), and ZIOP proves that they can have superior efficacy along with already proven superior safety,....it would not take long before big Pharma is lining up for a piece of ZIOP and maybe the whole pie here. It will not take long to show a huge advantage with ad-RTS-IL12 in Glioblastoma, and even in Phase I from a huge preclinical data showing, could be huge. And they still have not partnered up with TCR or any RheoSwitch(XON) or even IL12 yet, so that potential is out there. It would also not be so unusual for Intrexon to go ahead and buy ZIOP in a share only deal, especially if Kirk was serious when he said he thought ZIOP was undervalued here. By doing the dividend deal, it removed the Intrexon ownership of stock conflict, which could make the deal easier, but I am hoping more for a big Pharma type of interest buyout later.
    Jul 13, 2015. 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Does ZIOP Short Interest Keep Climbing? [View instapost]
    "retail herd" ~ So, who is the retail herd? Maybe RJ Kirk who got some 10 million shares added with that dividend? Or about 3 top Intrexon execs who exercised many shares early to obtain many shares? Ok, those are necessarily retail, but many retail does see that, and would either add or jump in with both fists, not just for today, tomorrow or July 17th, and not even for a buyout this month or next. But a buyout could come with heavy interest in CarT/TCR and even on good IL12 Glioblastoma results soon along with Breast cancer Phase II results by year end. It would not take Phase III to have that kind of interest. Also, they will have plenty of CarT payments ahead, and possibly more partnership deals, and with cash already forecast to last into 2017, how would cash be an issue?

You bet (and you let everyone know it is just small and just how prudent you are) and you come over to InvestorVillage and StockTwits taunting long investors, so where is your genius in all this? Sure, there is a massively huge short interest, but it has been one mega big losing bet ever since $2.31 last October, when I added hand over fist. I still have more money in ZIOP/XON than I did back then, as I do add on any unusual weakness, so I guess I have more gusto in my position than you, but I don't try to chase you down to taunt you, even though I have been more right than you ever could be.

Also, why would it not be smarter to say short JUNO or KITE that are so much higher in market cap, if there was to be some hiccups in CART or TCR, especially since their pipelines are not so deep as ZIOP nor do they have Intrexon and RJ Kirk. Kirk has proven over & over that he is willing to do early biotech sales, so possibly he would be more willing to have ZIOP sold over say JUNO or KITE. And finally ZIOP/XON have a huge IP advantage over the other CART players as well as having MDA Anderson alliance and one of the smartest CEO's of any company.

One more thing, there is huge interest to own shares of Ziopharm as you have been told, and shorts are going to eventually lose big if they hold on. There will be many data points ahead, more money coming in, and if just one company, Merck Serono, or other big Pharma was to express public an interest to own ZIOP, at say $20 shorts would have one massive loss. And Kirk and company would not even have to take the offer, and it could drag on for months.
    Jul 13, 2015. 01:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: The Truth About Neutrolin, Future Standard Of Care [View article]
    I will be utterly amazed if I see that - I for one can attest to the fact that the powers that be are more likely to not publish an article that bloats up a buyout potential stock than to scrutinize an article that proclaims a tiny market cap stock should go down 91.4% or whatever Pumpy said....lol. In this case though, they should definitely start by removing that PumpStopper article in the least.
    Jul 9, 2015. 03:35 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: The Truth About Neutrolin, Future Standard Of Care [View article]
    Very nice and well written contrary view of the Mr. PumpStopper and without being too mean to him and his (anon) article, I would definitely be one to chose the long side of Randy Milby (CEO) and Cormedix any day, over the P.Stop view for sure. I feel very bad for those that sided with the opposite and/or were scared out of their positions from that other negative article and the attacking lawsuits that came out soon after that article was published. So sad...imo.
    Jul 9, 2015. 10:18 AM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Biotechs In A Bubble? [View article]
    You buy biotech stocks for the future not the past; future growth P/E not past. And technology is much greater than ever and lives are being extended continually by innovation, and there is that M&A potential thingy. Is there a contest for how many of these receptive bear argument S/A articles that can be written? Just seems like there have been many, but anyway, I better be nice, cause S/A has them rules and all.....haha.
    Jul 7, 2015. 12:33 PM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorMedix: Strong Sell On Partner Failure, Misleading Data And Paid Stock Promotion, -91% Downside [View article]
    Kult members huh?...lol. Rob told me last fall to buy AGIO at $30 but I passed, and regretted it. He kept me long in strong at ZIOP when I was a tad concerned when the price hit near $2.31 and I added hand over fist! I think the only 2 stocks he was even down in then were ZIOP & HALO, and look at what has occurred since then. The people dissing him evidently don't know of his very esteemed reputation going way back in very low prices owning Celgene. What a sad group here....wow!
    Jun 30, 2015. 11:24 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    And again the cry baby gets my post deleted by his pals at S/A....lol.
    Jun 30, 2015. 10:51 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Very good! Thanks for your contribution Dr. Gelbfish!
    Jun 29, 2015. 06:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    One more comment by me - not sure the situation in Europe, but it could be the limited staff, and the fact that they are new to the market and due to the patent infringement occurring they were primarily focused on that, while knowing that the USA market and/or a buyout by a large company, either European or US might be the best direction for shareholder value. Just because you have situation A, does not mean you have situation B, a scam. As a previously working pharmacist the last 2 decades, that would be my opinion on this. They even announced that they could be working an auction type sale for interested parties not long ago. I guess the other option would be to partner up with some interested party, if the interested company would rather partner than a buyout, although the latter might not be so expensive.
    Jun 29, 2015. 01:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    My bad, meant to say "I doubt that" - typed too fast, and I usually proof read better than that, as the US Marines trained me to type better.....lol.
    Jun 29, 2015. 12:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment