Michael Vellucci

View Michael Vellucci's Comments BY TICKER:

• Pricing In Q4 - Apple Already Trading At 20% Premium Above Fundamental Value Ratios [View article]
    ^ What he said. If you are going to take a contrarian view, do some actual analysis. Obviously, you are just looking for page views.

I love how you compare Apple's multiple historically for a few quarters (not years?), and ignore the increasing margins (forget about the market share gains or how the business is much better positioned than a year or two ago). I'm not sure how you can possibly draw a conclusion based on multiples without looking at other comparable companies. I'm not one to leave negative feedback on an article, but the analysis here would be terrible for a Finance 101 student.
    Oct 20, 2014. 11:36 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Credit Acceptance Corp. Is Overvalued And Riddled With Risk [View article]
    2009 was not their trough year, 2007-2008 was. 2009 looked great because it was coming off such a low number in 2008.

The credit crunch and financial troubles preceded (and likely fueled) the Great Recession that was felt by the wider business landscape. Financial companies had their worst years just before 2009.

Once 2009 came around, CACC had already taken their lumps over the previous few years, and was then able to capitalize on the cheap interest rate environment.
    Oct 15, 2013. 08:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Active Network: Strong Growth With Plenty Of Runway [View article]
    Several seeking alpha readers who likely had short positions wrote very offensive private messages to me for recommending this stock. Like any investor, I am not always going to be correct, but I did my research, and this time, I was correct:

An offer price of $14.50 a share, roughly 6 weeks after I recommended the stock when it was trading in the mid 9s. Just saying.
    Sep 30, 2013. 08:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Active Network: Strong Growth With Plenty Of Runway [View article]
    If you'd like an explanation of the Company's accounting policies, I'd suggest you read their 10-K or contact their auditor.

I do not work for the Company or have any direct or indirect benefit from its success. The article merely represents my view point from my personal research and analysis.
    Aug 27, 2013. 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OpenTable Has An Impressive History, But Is Overpriced [View article]
    I'm not sure exactly which analysis you are referring to.

After thinking about it more, I think the Facebook partnership (and subsequent stock pop) makes the short position more interesting. When was the last time you or your friends looked for a restaurant on Facebook? And if so, would you then dig through Facebook's menus to book a restaurant reservation? It seems to be non-core to what Facebook is doing and outside the focus of its users, but that's just me.
    Aug 14, 2013. 08:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OpenTable Has An Impressive History, But Is Overpriced [View article]
    Facebook announced a partnership with OPEN today. Bad timing for my article (I submitted my article on Friday); however, it doesn't change my negative long term view of the Company.
    Aug 12, 2013. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Allegheny Technologies: Challenged In 2013, But Poised To Take Off From Aerospace Recovery [View article]
    Thank you - very much appreciate your comments
    Aug 12, 2013. 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OpenTable Has An Impressive History, But Is Overpriced [View article]
    You raise good points. Although I have not seen the data, I would agree with your assumption that churn is very low with restaurants. That said, $1/diner is a relatively high price which may not be sustainable long term. If the average diner spends $25-$35, that would be 3-4% margin given up by the restaurant owner. In such a competitive industry, it may become necessary for owners to leave their comfort zone if attractive alternatives present themselves.
    Aug 12, 2013. 12:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Look For Crane To Stretch Its Dividend, Growth And Profitability [View article]
    I do not care what "Fast Graphs" says about the Company's growth potential. I care about my analysis of the company.

You never guess what may happen in the future to a stock? Then why do you invest? Companies are valued on future potential. The past is merely an indicator, the future determines price.

Obviously there is no such thing as a risk-free investment. That was why I made the comment...
    Aug 5, 2013. 08:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    My focus is on their growth in profitability and fantastic cash flow, which could lead one to believe that dividends WILL increase in the future. This is a small cap stock - if you are looking for a risk-free investment then yes, this is not for you.
    Aug 4, 2013. 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, and 0 cuts
    Aug 3, 2013. 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Chipotle's Impressive Quarter A Sign For Other Fast Casual Restaurants? [View article]
    Yes, I was actually thinking about taking a look at Taco Bell vs. Chipotle in a future article.

Einhorn is one of my favorite investors, but I strongly disagreed with his short on Chipotle at the time and still do. Taco Bell offers a different product to a different demographic.
    Jul 26, 2013. 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy This MLP For Its Strong Growth Prospects And High Yield [View article]
    Thanks for raising HCLP and SLCA. I will add them to my list to evaluate in a future article.
    Jul 26, 2013. 09:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy This MLP For Its Strong Growth Prospects And High Yield [View article]
    That segment is not as stable as the sand segment because a smaller portion is long term contracts (it sells a lot to jobbers and other customers who service pipelines); however, the benefit is that the customer base is much more diversified in that segment. IE, if it loses a few customers it will not impact the business as much as if it lost one of its two major customers on the sand side.

Management's intention is to grow and pay out 100% of cash, but they also intend to look at opportunistic acquisitions. Obviously if they undertake an acquisition, cash will be reduced in the short term, but ideally the acquisition should be accretive and boost future cash flows. That said, organic growth seems to still be its #1 priority.
    Jul 24, 2013. 07:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Actually, very few restaurants get 70%+ ROI for new stores like Chipotle does once their new stores are ramped.
    Jul 20, 2013. 08:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment