View as an RSS Feed
View Mihir Mehta's Articles BY TICKER:
Can Yahoo Be Your Ideal Pick In The Online Ads Industry?
- The recent acquisitions made by Yahoo have had a positive impact on its user base. However, the competition from Facebook and Google is fierce and needs to be tackled well.
- The renewed focus of the company on making product improvements is praiseworthy. Also, the gain in display ads revenue puts Yahoo in favorable position to leverage the massive scope.
- As per the PEG ratio, Yahoo is over-valued as compared to its peers and therefore, bears a higher risk of a downside in coming quarters.
Despite Positives, Twitter Is Not A Recommended Buy For The Near Term
- The recent acquisitions made by Twitter will make a great contribution to its mobile ecosystem and attract more advertisers.
- There are good chances that the stock might experience a downfall, in spite of good results, as happened in last quarters. Therefore, the risk quotient is reasonably high.
- It isn't advisable for an investor to create a position in Twitter at the current price level because it's overvalued. In near term, the probability of a price fall is high.
Can Facebook Be Your Preferred Investment Choice In Online Advertising?
- As per a recent survey, Facebook is still a favorite among teenagers. This provides a befitting reply to skepticism expressed by analysts regarding its charm among teen population.
- Facebook has realized the extreme significance of mobile in driving future growth. Investors should watch out for the company's strategies regarding Instagram and WhatsApp.
- Besides mobile, small businesses and innovative ad serving techniques will be key for future growth and Facebook is making the right moves in that respect.
Do Not Miss Out On Synaptics' Growth Story
- A series of upgrades have escalated the confidence of investors in Synaptics Incorporated. The stock touched a new 52-week high in the past week as a result of heightened confidence.
- Fingerprint authentication, as a technology, has massive scope for Synaptics. After implementing the technology in Galaxy S5, Synaptics is all set to leverage well from innovation in this segment.
- The deal with Renesas could prove to be a major growth driver in coming quarters as Synaptics expands its market reach.
Ideal Industry Conditions Make Micron A Safe Investment Bet
- The consolidation in DRAM markets has concentrated the supply in hands of a few players in the industry. Micron, along with Elpida, has gained well from this consolidation.
- If the rumors around the launch of iPhone materialize, then Micron will see massive business coming from Apple in the current year.
- Besides DRAM, NAND markets are also witnessing a spur in demand because of Solid-State Drives, and Micron might step up its production and sales in forthcoming quarters.
Cisco: A Slow-Moving Company In The Middle Of A Massive Churn.
- The news around exit of CEO John Chambers is surging and it will be in favor of Cisco to get a fresh and enthusiastic leadership.
- The opportunities and challenges presented by SDN will be instrumental in shaping Cisco's future performance. Also, Cisco will have to put up a strong fight against rival VMware.
- Considering the ambiguity around SDN and IoT, it is prudent to hold off putting money in the stock for now.
Why You Should Trust HP's Comeback Efforts And Be A Part Of Its Growth
- CEO Meg Whitman has successfully kept HP on course with its turnaround efforts. Even though Q2 results missed Street expectations by a whisker, investors have not lost confidence in HP.
- Personal systems and printing were the primary drivers of growth in Q2. HP is attempting to boost the demand of notebooks to compensate for sluggish demand in commercial desktops.
- HP has managed to create a comfortable cash cushion for itself via strategic cost cutting initiatives. Also, it has been consistent in generating valuable returns for its shareholders.
The Healthy Progress Story Of Hewlett-Packard
- HP's turnaround journey is in the right direction as testified by its results over the past quarters. CEO Meg Whitman has executed well on the restructuring plan.
- Though HP has been successful in generating gains from a battered PC market, it is still far away from building a strong presence in smart devices segment.
- While there are opportunities in 3D printing and cloud solutions, HP also faces threats from Lenovo and Cisco in server and cloud segments respectively.
- HP is a sure buy because of its fundamental and technical strength. A cheap valuation at this point in time provides a good entry point.
Why Is Cisco A Sell Near Term?
- For the long-term, Cisco is a good buy. The current price provides an attractive entry-point for investors.
- Though SDN could be seen as a threat to Cisco, it can be turned into a massive opportunity if the company can properly utilize its existing resources and expertise.
- For investors with a short-term mindset, Cisco would not be a worthwhile investment because of its ongoing transition phase that will take time to be realized by the markets.
Costco's Membership Model Is The Perfect Shield
- The exponential growth of online retailers has impaired the metrics of brick and mortar stores. However, Costco has maintained its revenue by following a membership model.
- Wal-Mart's dividend shows that the retail colossus is having a hard time in combating the competition from online retailers. As such, it is also stepping up its online game.
- A no-frills shopping experience provided by Costco has the potential to draw customers in the weak economy as of today and can prove to be a game-changer for the company.
Google's Out-Of-The-Box Stock Split, And More
- Google's stock split will not result in a considerable loss of voting power of existing shareholders because of the current shareholding structure.
- The retention of control by Larry Page and Sergey Brin could be beneficial in the long run because of their ability to forecast developments in technology.
- Youtube will be a massive selling point for Google because of its ability to provide clients with creative features..
- Currently, Youtube has more than 1 billion viewers per month.
- Cisco: A Good Buy With Great Opportunities
- Micron: The Stock To Own In 2014
- Lennar: A Safe Investment In A Risky Housing Market
- Hewlett-Packard: A Good Turnaround Story In The Making
- Nike Is Poised For A Progressive Journey
- Starbucks: This Company Is A Shining Star In All Respects
- GM Is Accelerating Towards A Speedy Recovery
- Is It The Right Time To Believe In HP?
- Is It The Right Time To Invest In Citigroup?
- How Will The Launch Of New Consoles Impact GameStop?
- After Steve Ballmer, Where Is Microsoft Headed?
- The Ray Of Light For HP
- Publishing Business: Gradual Rise Or Slow Demise?
- Why Is HP Not The Ideal Stock Now?