Mike Arnold

View Mike Arnold's Comments BY TICKER:
AAMC, AAPL, ACRFY, ADT, AGNC, AKRRF, ALCS, ALJJ, ALK, ALLAY, ALU, ALXXF, AMCX, AMZN, ANDA, ANW, ANY, APOL, ARO, ASCMA, ASPS, ATEC, ATRGF, ATVI, AU, AVAV, AVD, AVG, AYSI, BABA, BBRY, BBW, BDVSY, BLERF, BLLAY, BOFI, BONA, BOXC, BPO, BPY, BREUF, BREW, BRK.A, BRK.B, BTH, CATO, CAW, CBB, CBCAE, CBRL, CBZ, CCCL, CDOM, CDPYF, CETV, CEVA, CFRUY, CHEUY, CIDM, CIEN, CIX, CLUB, CMCSA, CMG, CMPNF, CMTL, CNPLF, CNRD, COBR, COF, COF.W, CRAY, CRD.B, CRDS, CRESY, CRUS, CTB, CTCM, CVSL, CYNI, CYNK, DATE, DDEJF, DGPIF, DHR, DNKN, DOLNQ, DOX, DRAM, DRETF, DREUF, DRUNF, DTLK, DTOOF, DUNDF, DWA, DWSN, EIFZF, ELOS, ENLAY, ENTCF, EPAX, EPHE, EUTLF, EUTLY, FB, FCE.A, FCE.B, FCN, FHCO, FHNIY, FMX, FOJCY, FPAFY, FRAN, FRBK, FRD, FRFHF, FRMO, FSUGY, FTR, GAGA, GBLBF, GCVRZ, GDFZY, GDOT, GEAHF, GILT, GLGI, GLMFF, GLUSF, GLW, GM, GNC, GNE, GNLAF, GNW, GOFPY, GOGO, GOOG, GSAT, GYRO, HGKGY, HH, HIIQ, HLF, HOLL, HOWWF, HOWWY, HPQ, HSH, HURC, HURN, I, IBKR, IBM, ICA, ICPW, IDT, IEP, INTX, INVE, IPO, ISNS, ITI, IVSXF, JBLU, JCP, JMHLY, JO, JRN, JSHLY, JW.A, KR, KWHAY, LACO, LGTHY, LINTA, LIVE, LLESY, LMNR, LOCO, LORL, LOV, LPNT, LYV, MLFNF, MRCBF, MRTN, MSFT, MSN, MTEX, MTN, MTW, MWA, NCMI, NCQ, NCR, NFLX, NG, NLY, NSR, NSU, NUAN, NVDA, NWS, NWSA, NYT, OAK, ORAN, ORBC, ORKLY, ORSCY, OSTK, OTEX, OUTR, PAY, PDEX, PDLI, PLUG, POWR, PPRO, PRIS, PRIS.B, PRSS, PSUN, PTNT, PWCDF, RBA, RDI, RDN, REIS, RENT, RGSE, RHDGF, RLD, RLGY, RMAX, ROVI, RST, RTRCF, SAEX, SANW, SBUX, SCHL, SCTY, SFLY, SFXE, SHOS, SHTGY, SMDZF, SMG, SNE, SNHFY, SNY, SPDL, SPY, SUMR, SURVF, SWS, SYNC, TA, TCX, TELLF, TELNF, TEVA, TEX, TIXC, TMBCF, TORSF, TRBAA, TRGT, TSLA, TST, TTM, TWTR, TXLZF, TZOO, VC, VDSI, VITC, VIVHY, VJET, VLRS, VMEM, VNQ, VOD, VRS, VSAT, VSI, VWDRY, WATT, WHR, WILN, WSBHF, XPLR, XRAY, XRX, XYL, YARIY, YRCW, Z, ZPIN, ZQK
  • Overstock.com: A High Conviction Idea With 150% Upside [View article]
    I'm not seeing those numbers on Finviz.
    Aug 11 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com: A High Conviction Idea With 150% Upside [View article]
    $51mm OCF and $26mm FCF trailing twelve months. They normally build cash in Q4 because of the 3P model and Christmas season.

I think they'll do $40mm+ FCF this year.
    Aug 9 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com: A High Conviction Idea With 150% Upside [View article]
    Perhaps. Mr. Byrne does speak Mandarin I understand.
    Aug 8 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com: A High Conviction Idea With 150% Upside [View article]
    I see that as a very remote possibility given where shares trade today. A buyback would be more likely, but definitely isn't certain.

Mr Byrne is a value guy at his core. He knows buying dollar bills for 50 cents is the way to create value. That is essentially how this business started, buying up failed dot com businesses inventory on the cheap and reselling it online for margin.
    Aug 8 03:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com: A High Conviction Idea With 150% Upside [View article]
    I disagree, but you are welcome to your own opinion. The public feud is well-documented, and I know who's side I'm on.
    Aug 8 02:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good points, thanks.
    Aug 8 11:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com: A High Conviction Idea With 150% Upside [View article]
    In it to win it, nice. Good luck to you.
    Aug 8 11:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com: A High Conviction Idea With 150% Upside [View article]
    No problem, Tom. Thanks for the read.
    Aug 8 11:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com: A High Conviction Idea With 150% Upside [View article]
    Indeed, is that why it is so mispriced (at least in my opinion)? I'm excited about what is going on in terms of SaaS products, etc., they are developing.
    Aug 8 11:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com: A High Conviction Idea With 150% Upside [View article]
    That is certainly something you need to get comfortable with in order to allocate capital to $OSTK. Based on my review of the publicly available material on Mr. Byrne, I've concluded that not only is he right with respect to many of the issues he's taken up, but he is quite a businessman too.

I see a lot of ways to win here, and win big, over the long-term, with little risk of permanent capital impairment at the ~$400 million price today.

I'm playing for keeps, and I think Mr. Byrne / Overstock is too.
    Aug 8 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com: A High Conviction Idea With 150% Upside [View article]
    Thanks. Let me know what you think after you take a serious look.
    Aug 8 12:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com: A High Conviction Idea With 150% Upside [View article]
    Thanks for the fine comment. I agree, the website is very user friendly and has all the design features I would expect from a Web 2.0 design perspective. And, I tend to agree with you, I'm looking for this to be a multi billion dollar market cap company in the coming years. If they manage to take 4 or 5 million shares off the table, I see a path to a $100+ share price.
    Aug 8 12:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&W Seed Company Still Building Toward Big Things [View article]
    Nice report, Stephen, thanks.
    Aug 7 03:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Loral's Next (And Last) Chapter [View article]
    There always is these days. Chief Judge Randall Rader at the CAFC is cracking down on specious awards.
    Aug 7 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Loral's Next (And Last) Chapter [View article]
    As a former patent damages practitioner, I'd like to hear VSAT's expert witness damages thesis. Seems insane to me that they would look at this as a two player market -- need to slice market into subscribers that would have been lost to AT&T, Verizon, etc. etc to get accurate "but for" lost profits calculation. Another reason why juries not equipped to opine on damages in high stakes IP litigation. I wouldn't be surprised to see the damages $ get cut.
    Aug 7 02:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment