Mike Arnold

View Mike Arnold's Comments BY TICKER:
AAMC, AAPL, ACRFY, ADT, AGNC, AKRRF, ALCS, ALJJ, ALK, ALLAY, ALU, ALXXF, AMCX, AMZN, ANDA, ANW, ANY, APOL, ARO, ASCMA, ASPS, ATEC, ATRGF, ATVI, AU, AVAV, AVD, AVG, AYSI, BABA, BBRY, BBW, BDVSY, BLERF, BLLAY, BOFI, BONA, BOXC, BPO, BPY, BREUF, BREW, BRK.A, BRK.B, BTH, CATO, CAW, CBB, CBCAE, CBRL, CBZ, CCCL, CDOM, CDPYF, CETV, CEVA, CFRUY, CHEUY, CIDM, CIEN, CIX, CLUB, CMCSA, CMG, CMPNF, CMTL, CNPLF, CNRD, COBR, COF, COF.W, CRAY, CRD.B, CRDS, CRESY, CRUS, CTB, CTCM, CVSL, CYNI, CYNK, DATE, DDEJF, DGPIF, DHR, DNKN, DOLNQ, DOX, DRAM, DRETF, DREUF, DRUNF, DTLK, DTOOF, DUNDF, DWA, DWSN, EIFZF, ELOS, ENLAY, ENTCF, EPAX, EPHE, EUTLF, EUTLY, FB, FCE.A, FCE.B, FCN, FHCO, FHNIY, FMX, FOJCY, FPAFY, FRAN, FRBK, FRD, FRFHF, FRMO, FSUGY, FTR, GAGA, GBLBF, GCVRZ, GDFZY, GDOT, GEAHF, GILT, GLGI, GLMFF, GLUSF, GLW, GM, GNC, GNE, GNLAF, GNW, GOFPY, GOGO, GOOG, GSAT, GYRO, HGKGY, HH, HIIQ, HLF, HOLL, HOWWF, HOWWY, HPQ, HSH, HURC, HURN, I, IBKR, IBM, ICA, ICPW, IDT, IEP, INTX, INVE, IPO, ISNS, ITI, IVSXF, JBLU, JCP, JMHLY, JO, JRN, JSHLY, JW.A, KR, KWHAY, LACO, LGTHY, LINTA, LIVE, LLESY, LMNR, LOCO, LORL, LOV, LPNT, LYV, MLFNF, MRCBF, MRTN, MSFT, MSN, MTEX, MTN, MTW, MWA, NCMI, NCQ, NCR, NFLX, NG, NLY, NSR, NSU, NUAN, NVDA, NWS, NWSA, NYT, OAK, ORAN, ORBC, ORKLY, ORSCY, OSTK, OTEX, OUTR, PAY, PDEX, PDLI, PLUG, POWR, PPRO, PRIS, PRIS.B, PRSS, PSUN, PTNT, PWCDF, RBA, RDCM, RDI, RDN, REIS, RENT, RGSE, RHDGF, RLD, RLGY, RMAX, ROVI, RST, RTRCF, SAEX, SANW, SBUX, SCHL, SCTY, SFLY, SFXE, SHOS, SHTGY, SMDZF, SMG, SNE, SNHFY, SNY, SPDL, SPY, SUMR, SURVF, SWS, SYNC, TA, TCX, TELLF, TELNF, TEVA, TEX, TIXC, TMBCF, TORSF, TRBAA, TRGT, TSLA, TST, TTM, TWTR, TXLZF, TZOO, VC, VDSI, VITC, VIVHY, VJET, VLRS, VMEM, VNQ, VOD, VRS, VSAT, VSI, VWDRY, WATT, WHR, WILN, WSBHF, XPLR, XRAY, XRX, XYL, YARIY, YRCW, Z, ZPIN, ZQK
  • JetBlue Shares Undervalued With New Business Initiatives And Live TV Subsidiary [View article]
    JBLU is outsourcing the broadband connectivity to ViaSat. GOGO is in trouble -- ViaSat's service is leaps and bounds better.
    Feb 7 06:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the shout out Chris. And nice, informative and well written column.
    Feb 7 06:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RealD Still Has Higher To Go [View article]
    Nice pick up. You've done quite well for yourself on RLD.
    Feb 7 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RealD Still Has Higher To Go [View article]
    Hi RS. Cool. Yeah, its a great biz model.
    Feb 7 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Billabong Shareholders Approve Rights Issue [View article]
    Probably should get in touch with IR to confirm. I have a note in with IR and will provide feedback when I get it.
    Feb 6 11:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Billabong Shareholders Approve Rights Issue [View article]
    @ all: I have a note in with IR and I plan on calling my broker again early next week for clarification.

Will look forward to the prospectus and any other info that will shed light on this interesting situation.
    Feb 6 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Maple Leaf Foods Continues Transformation [View article]
    Thanks. Yes, with that special dividend distributed to Maple Leaf Foods, I think they are setting Canada Bread up to be spun off or sold.
    Feb 6 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RealD Still Has Higher To Go [View article]
    That is, 50% from the recommendation price.
    Feb 6 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Billabong Shareholders Approve Rights Issue [View article]
    This is good to know, thanks for sharing. It is unfortunate, but still represents about a 30% "dividend"
    Feb 6 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RealD Still Has Higher To Go [View article]
    Oops, correction, shares up closer to 50% after the pop post-earnings today.
    Feb 6 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shutterfly Snapping Up The Market For Photo Merchandise [View article]
    Interesting narrative, thanks. I'm just starting to take a look at this industry out of simple curiosity of how Instagram et. al. fit into this picture.
    Feb 6 03:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Billabong: Refinancing Of Debt Indicates Further Upside [View article]
    Interesting points. Yeah, why would someone be short something that has already lost most of its value? Confounds me. Maybe there is something here. Will take a look when I get a minute. Maybe I will go to the mall and see if I see any customers buying merchandise.
    Feb 6 03:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Billabong: Refinancing Of Debt Indicates Further Upside [View article]
    Sure, I can take a look. But I have to be honest; every time I walk into a store (which isn't often), there is no one there. I can't figure out what I would go there for exclusively, save for some wonky electronics plug in or connector, etc. I haven't looked at the financials, that is just my initial impression. Wow, $220 million market cap; what else can go wrong?
    Feb 6 01:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Suntec Real Estate Is Undervalued Based On NAV, New Building Could Be Growth Driver [View article]
    Interesting idea, thanks for the overview. I'll look into it further, if I have questions will report back to the message board.
    Feb 5 08:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ritchie Bros.: The eBay Of Industrial Equipment [View article]
    That may be true. I don't see a lot of these old school guys in the construction biz wanting to auction online. Having said that, I think Ritchie Bros. is addressing that need with EquipmentOne and other businesses as a result of acquisition of AssetNation.

I mean, these are big and pricey pieces of equipment. I think that folks like to inspect them in person before bidding.

I know it can be done, but how the heck does one commission shipping for this huge stuff?
    Feb 5 08:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment