Mike Havrilla

View Mike Havrilla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Bullish Prognosis for Global Healthcare ETFs [View article]
    I think the long-overdue rotation into healthcare is starting to occur and would favor RXL going forward. The top holdings are JNJ (11%), PFE (8%), MRK (5%), and ABT (4.7%) which should fare well with above-average dividend yields and products that people use regardless of the overall economy. JNJ is actually close to its 52-week high while ABT is mid-range and MRK/PFE are close to their lows. The more it appears a prolonged recession is likely; the better these stocks and RXL should perform.
    Jul 13 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Strategy for EXACT Sciences [View article]
    Many blue chip and former large-caps are down huge amounts over the last year as well & the bear market has been especially tough for small/micro cap biotech stocks.

I have also written about stocks on the Motley Fool & other sites such as Sequenom (SQNM), Isis Pharma (ISIS), Alnylam (ALNY), Xenoport (XNPT), Vivus (VVUS), VisICU (EICU), North Pitt (NPSI), Savient Pharma (SVNT), Allos Therapeutics (ALTH) that have done much better than the examples you list. Sequenom alone is almost four-fold from last year.
    Jul 6 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Right Price for Rite Aid [View article]
    then why are you are reading it & why don't you write something better without the caps lock ON!
    Jan 28 08:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Recession-Proof ETF [View article]
    I am still in the process of obtaining a partner to bring this ETF and my other proposals to the market as the process requires a lot of money and regulatory filings with the SEC.
    Jan 25 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Innovative Investments in Animal Healthcare [View article]
    Pfizer recently reported animal health sales for 2007 of $2.6 billion or just over 5% of total revenue of $48.6 billion
    Jan 25 09:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Return of Tobacco: Safe Haven in a Volatile Market [View article]
    Please contact me via email (mike@mikehav.com) if you are interested in viewing the details & possibly commercializing my idea for a Global Tobacco ETF/index.
    Jan 20 10:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Right Price for Rite Aid [View article]
    Well said!
    Jan 18 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Right Price for Rite Aid [View article]
    Now trading at $2.20 - Let's give it until the end of 2008 and see who is right on this one - Coutu Group is content to view this as a long-term story despite huge losses since B/E deal on the RAD they received.
    Jan 10 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Right Price for Rite Aid [View article]
    That's why its trading at/below $2/share - much better risk/reward at these levels for investors since the stock is priced like a call option with no expiration date as long as RAD stays in business, which I believe it will.
    Jan 10 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Emerging Healthcare Stock Picks for 2008 [View article]
    All of my picks should be regarded as speculative, as they are micro/small-cap stocks from the healthcare sector with market caps below $500 million. OSUR is included because it could have an OTC version of its oral HIV test on the market bythis time next year, in addition to the oral HCV test for use by HC professionals. These are all high-risk, high-reward stocks.
    Dec 25 09:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Emerging Healthcare Stock Picks for 2008 [View article]
    Best Wishes for a Merry Christmas & Prosperous New Year!

Also check out my investor survey at

mikehav.com/Ysurvey/su...

Please follow the link above to participate in an investor survey --> What is your top pick (stock name & ticker) among emerging healthcare companies for 2008? All stocks must have a market cap under $500 million, a share price over 50 cents and be listed on OTCBB, Nasdaq, AMEX, or NYSE to be eligible. Final results will be posted on my blog in two weeks on Sunday 1/6/08. Check my blog at mikehav.com/blog.html for results and updates on the survey.
    Dec 24 01:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Super(Gen) Play on Cancer Biotech Consolidation [View article]
    Thanks for the nice comments!
    Dec 16 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Top Four Emerging Micro-Cap Biotech Stocks [View article]
    The Emerging Micro-Cap Index (MIKE) was established on 7/21/07 at a starting value of 100.0 in order to track micro-cap and small-cap stocks with innovative technologies, excellent growth potential, and/or discount valuations across all sectors of the economy with an overweight position in healthcare. The index is equally weighted & actively managed to reflect the Top 25 stock opportunities that I follow. The index will be maintained at 25 stocks for a combination of diversification and the ability to produce meaningful returns. MIKE closed at 96.8 on 11/19/07, outperforming both its peer group and the overall market.
    Nov 20 06:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Top Four Emerging Micro-Cap Biotech Stocks [View article]
    Check out these links to my free reports on the four stocks from this article & decide for yourself:

mikehav.com/exas.pdf
    mikehav.com/cytx.pdf
    mikehav.com/bpax.pdf
    mikehav.com/tgen.pdf

Nov 19 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • US Dry Cleaning: Ready to Consolidate a Fragmented Industry? [View article]
    Neither - UDRY is part of my website Emerging Micro-Cap Stock index that I manage & track at mikehav.com/index
    Nov 5 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment