Mike King

View Mike King's Comments BY TICKER:
F, FTLF, GM, LF, SAM

• I Made An Error In Switching To FitLife [View article]
    Here is what they said in the Q2'14 10-Q: " The increase in total revenue for the three month period and six month period ended June 30, 2014 was driven by continued strong demand for our products domestically and internationally and, to a lesser extent, by increased sales to certain customers in advance of the planned transition to GNC’s centralized distribution platform, which went into effect May 1, 2014. While not anticipated to impact our results from operations beyond the short-term, the transition to GNC’s centralized distribution platform will likely have an affect on revenue and cost of goods sold in subsequent periods. In this regard, a substantial portion of our distribution expense, which was previously recorded in cost of goods sold, will be eliminated, and instead recorded as an offset to gross revenue through distributor-level pricing adjustments. As a result, period over period revenue and cost comparisons will be affected, although our gross profit will likely not be impacted beyond the short-term."

So, I disagree that this is something new for Q4.
    Feb 11, 2015. 12:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Made An Error In Switching To FitLife [View article]
    This is old news as the distribution agreement went into effect on May 1. The small changes to revenue and GM impacted both Q2 and Q3. Note that Q2'14 GM was actually higher than Q2'13 GM (37.2% vs. 36.9%). They had a similar GM comment in the second quarter 10-Q. Your comments on "initial deceleration in revenue growth hitting on Q4 2014" are off the mark because this change has already been implemented.
    Feb 11, 2015. 11:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GM Or Ford, On Equal Terms [View article]
    I prefer Ford. Here is some more info...

Dec 21, 2012. 12:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks To Watch In Power Grid Construction [View article]
    That is a good question which I haven't delved into yet.
    Dec 20, 2012. 11:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks With Unusual Volume - iPhone Trouble, Buyout Drama, Tech Bright Spot, And Weak Drilling [View article]
    My point isn't that volume will predict the direction of the stock. Rather, when you see big volume in a stock it usually means that something has changed fundamentally. After finding out what changed in the fundamentals, you can then examine if there is a potential trade. While I have identified what has changed fundamentally, I haven't yet identified any trades that I like. Having said that, I have just started the due diligence process.
    Dec 15, 2012. 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Correction....I should have stated that Apple pays an estimated 1.6% of iPhone revenues to QCOM. To be clear that is the royalty that Apple pays to QCOM. Revenue for chips purchased by Apple directly or indirectly from QCOM is a separate revenue stream.
    Dec 15, 2012. 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This somewhat dated article states that QCOM pays an estimated 1.6% of iPhone revenues to QCOM.

Dec 15, 2012. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    All QCOM has disclosed is that it is more than 10% in fiscal 2012. I'm not sure how much more than 10% it is. Also, the bigger question might be what percentage of sales was it expected to be going forward. Perhaps we can find some more information beyond their filings on the web. Also, I bet the quote below just relates to components. I wonder how much royalty revenue QCOM gets from Apple.

From the QCOM 10-K: "In addition, in fiscal 2012, revenues from Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd./Foxconn, its affiliates and other suppliers to Apple Inc. constituted more than 10% of consolidated revenues;"
    Dec 15, 2012. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boston Beer Company Hops In After Hours Trading, But There Are Reasons To Be Skeptical [View article]
    Thanks Eric. That is interesting.
    Dec 13, 2012. 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks To Watch In Power Grid Construction [View article]
    Thanks Alan. I had to dig into PRIM a bit to see that they actually do electrical work but I couldn't find any information to indicate what percentage of their revenue is in that category. Do you know?
    Dec 13, 2012. 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Hot Christmas Item To Make Your Portfolio Leap Ahead [View article]
    I've been surprised by that. Perhaps some people bought to follow the insider buying and now are selling to capture the short term gain. My research shows that inventory is still flying off the shelf. I still have no position.
    Dec 12, 2012. 12:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Has EA's Management Been Sniffing (around at) GLUU? [View article]
    IMO ERTS would be better served to acquire Artificial Life (ALIF) than GLUU. ALIF is already extremely profitable and thus a much better acquisition. It is only 3x the price of GLUU. The current price for ALIF is very modest at only 4x annualized Q3 earnings. Also, they have a huge rollout of iPhone games coming and have already produced the blockbuster application Amateur Surgeon!

For more DD see the following link:
    investorshub.advfn.com...