Mike King

View Mike King's Comments BY TICKER:
F, GM, LF, SAM
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • GM Or Ford, On Equal Terms [View article]
    I prefer Ford. Here is some more info...

Dec 21 12:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Hot Christmas Item To Make Your Portfolio Leap Ahead [View article]
    I've been surprised by that. Perhaps some people bought to follow the insider buying and now are selling to capture the short term gain. My research shows that inventory is still flying off the shelf. I still have no position.
    Dec 12 12:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks To Watch In Power Grid Construction [View article]
    That is a good question which I haven't delved into yet.
    Dec 20 11:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks With Unusual Volume - iPhone Trouble, Buyout Drama, Tech Bright Spot, And Weak Drilling [View article]
    My point isn't that volume will predict the direction of the stock. Rather, when you see big volume in a stock it usually means that something has changed fundamentally. After finding out what changed in the fundamentals, you can then examine if there is a potential trade. While I have identified what has changed fundamentally, I haven't yet identified any trades that I like. Having said that, I have just started the due diligence process.
    Dec 15 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Correction....I should have stated that Apple pays an estimated 1.6% of iPhone revenues to QCOM. To be clear that is the royalty that Apple pays to QCOM. Revenue for chips purchased by Apple directly or indirectly from QCOM is a separate revenue stream.
    Dec 15 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This somewhat dated article states that QCOM pays an estimated 1.6% of iPhone revenues to QCOM.

Dec 15 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    All QCOM has disclosed is that it is more than 10% in fiscal 2012. I'm not sure how much more than 10% it is. Also, the bigger question might be what percentage of sales was it expected to be going forward. Perhaps we can find some more information beyond their filings on the web. Also, I bet the quote below just relates to components. I wonder how much royalty revenue QCOM gets from Apple.

From the QCOM 10-K: "In addition, in fiscal 2012, revenues from Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd./Foxconn, its affiliates and other suppliers to Apple Inc. constituted more than 10% of consolidated revenues;"
    Dec 15 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boston Beer Company Hops In After Hours Trading, But There Are Reasons To Be Skeptical [View article]
    Thanks Eric. That is interesting.
    Dec 13 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks To Watch In Power Grid Construction [View article]
    Thanks Alan. I had to dig into PRIM a bit to see that they actually do electrical work but I couldn't find any information to indicate what percentage of their revenue is in that category. Do you know?
    Dec 13 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has EA's Management Been Sniffing (around at) GLUU? [View article]
    IMO ERTS would be better served to acquire Artificial Life (ALIF) than GLUU. ALIF is already extremely profitable and thus a much better acquisition. It is only 3x the price of GLUU. The current price for ALIF is very modest at only 4x annualized Q3 earnings. Also, they have a huge rollout of iPhone games coming and have already produced the blockbuster application Amateur Surgeon!

For more DD see the following link:
    investorshub.advfn.com...