Mike Maher

View Mike Maher's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Markets Missing The Facts On Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    They also re-added the Kentucky acreage to what's for sale, which I think would have to be bought by EQT, since I'm not sure of anyone else drilling down there.

Also several slides point out projected year end rates above 32.5k boe/d, slides 4 and 36 to be exact, and slide 45 states they'll have 4 new interconnects done by the end of the month, so they should have some ability to move gas to different hubs depending on where pricing is more favorable.
    Dec 1, 2014. 03:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Blackstone sees value in REITs [View news story]
    I think they'd have to let the CEO stay on in some capacity, but I could see them teaming with him to take it private.
    Dec 1, 2014. 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LyondellBasell downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies [View news story]
    I'm expecting that LYB kicks the buyback into overdrive. Its a FCF machine.
    Dec 1, 2014. 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets Missing The Facts On Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    I'd think everything would be on hold given what happened to oil in the last week, but who knows, maybe you get one or two people like Hamm who are willing to pay $90k a flowing barrel and want to take the chance on calling a bottom. I'm not sure what Gary and the BoD will do, I guess it depends on where bids come in and what natural gas does here in the next month or two.
    Dec 1, 2014. 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets Missing The Facts On Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    Two sales are completed, they still have ~3,000 boe/d of production that they are marketing.
    Nov 30, 2014. 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets Missing The Facts On Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    They were in a disagreement with their auditor and ended up firing their auditor about 18 months ago and that caused them to be late in their filings. The new auditor found that their internal accounting was lacking in some areas, but there were no irregularities. Since they were late in the financial filings, they were prohibited from paying the preferred dividends. The company has greatly improved their accounting practices and hired new people, so that issue is resolved. I have 0 concerns about their ability to pay the preferred dividends or service their debt.
    Nov 29, 2014. 02:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets Missing The Facts On Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    Gary brought in the new management team for this version of Magnum Hunter with an intent to build and sell. I'm not sure on the payout ratios, but since hes not making a ton of money by ceo standards, I think its fair to say his payout will come when the company is sold.
    Nov 26, 2014. 12:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets Missing The Facts On Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    They don't make a ton of money, but its more than I make haha:

Nov 25, 2014. 09:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mCig Inc. Obtains FINRA Approval for VitaCig, Inc. Dividend and Spinoff -- Ex Dividend Date Set for November 25, 2014 [View article]
    They've been saying for weeks its a 1 to 1 split and that the ex dividend day would be the day they get approval.
    Nov 25, 2014. 12:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets Missing The Facts On Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    They can redeem that C back at anytime, the D and E I think are eligible for redemption soon, if not already. I'd expect that if/when they Bakken acreage gets sold, the redeem at least the C's, but that's just my opinion, the company hasn't commented on that.
    Nov 24, 2014. 08:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets Missing The Facts On Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    The company announced in Feb that the Stalder 3UH was flowing into sales through Eureka. Were they running new wet lines there to handle the Marcellus liquids maybe? I'm unaware of any possible delays in getting pipe to that pad. As for the rest of the Eureka system, they've got three crews laying pipe (I think), and I believe they're planning on drilling pads close to the pipeline next year. You're right that once it gets to a hard freeze and it starts to snow everything going to slow down, but I'm hoping they planned for that this year.

As for missing schedules, its basically all they do. My biggest complaint is that they try to convey too much information on the timing of things to investors, and hardly ever get the wells completed and flowing to meet their own estimates.

Should be an interesting couple of months!
    Nov 22, 2014. 06:38 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ethanol makers cheer as EPA punts on renewable fuel mandate decision [View news story]
    It wont, solar generates electricity, and aside from the handful of Tesla's on the roads, electricity isnt a surface transportation fuel.
    Nov 22, 2014. 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets Missing The Facts On Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    For the shale industry its all about IRR of the play. MHRs acreage in Appalachia is 50%+ IRR, while the Bakken is in the 30% range. MHR was planning on moving towards the highest IRR projects for most of the year, but Evans has been quite vocal about thinking oil prices were too high for most of 2014. The debt is manageable, all the wells coming on in Dec should make it look much more manageable.
    Nov 22, 2014. 12:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets Missing The Facts On Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    On the call they said the 5th was the last day for public comments on the permits, so I'm expecting that as soon as the comment period ends they issue the permits pretty much immediately.
    Nov 22, 2014. 12:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The need is votes in the farm belt. Only reason this silly law ever got passed. Making fuel out of the base input in nearly all of our food - sounds like a great idea!!
    Nov 21, 2014. 08:04 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment