Mike Maher

View Mike Maher's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Natural Gas Exports Ramping Sooner Than Expected [View article]
    Any thoughts on SE here? I like the name but cant figure out why its trading so close to a 52 week low.
    Jun 30, 2015. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas Exports Ramping Sooner Than Expected [View article]
    Cheniere secured take or pay contracts with foreign companies, so they'll get paid either way. I agree that there will be a lot of LNG floating around the world come 2020, but some historical exporters (Egypt) are turning into importers, and I'm sure for security reasons the EU would prefer to buy US LNG vs Russian gas. So we'll see where prices end up.
    Jun 29, 2015. 01:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn Virginia -8% as WSJ punctures takeover talk [View news story]
    The Wall Street Journal is posting what anyone who took 5 minutes to look into the rumor figured out on Thursday.
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:42 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Magnum Hunter Finally Make A Big Deal? [View article]
    There's a quick 10% discount for you.
    Jun 29, 2015. 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas Exports Ramping Sooner Than Expected [View article]
    SWN is certainly interesting with all that acreage they just acquired from CHK in southwest PA and northern WV. I'm not a fan of CHK based on the fact production isnt growing, and ECA has shifted a lot of their focus towards more liquids-rich plays.

The increased demand from industrial uses and power burn is coming, its just a slow march as new facilities and plants are built.
    Jun 29, 2015. 10:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Magnum Hunter Finally Make A Big Deal? [View article]
    You may get a chance tomorrow if the Greek situation slams everything.
    Jun 28, 2015. 08:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PBOC cuts rates [View news story]
    Should be good for commodities, but we'll see how much the Greek situation weighs.
    Jun 27, 2015. 10:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Magnum Hunter Finally Make A Big Deal? [View article]
    When oil was at $100 people were paying $100k to $125k a flowing barrel up there. With oil at $60, I've got to think prices would be cut in half, but there havnt been any transactions, so I'm not that confident on that value. WPX just said they're planning on adding rigs up there, so maybe costs are down enough that people are going to get interested in expanding their holdings up there. I just dont know.

I'm not that confident that oil prices go much higher from here. We still export barely any oil, the refineries are basically running at full capacity, there's a ton of oil in storage and in tankers, and some of the E&P are talking about ramping up drilling again. I'm more concerned with drilling efficiency pushing oil on another leg down than I am with oil hitting $80, but thats just me.
    Jun 27, 2015. 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Magnum Hunter Finally Make A Big Deal? [View article]
    Those C's have been "about to be retired" since what, 2013?? Agree with everything you said, now we just have to see it happen
    Jun 27, 2015. 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Magnum Hunter Finally Make A Big Deal? [View article]
    If Gary has $600 million tomorrow, and is going to redeem the preferred, why would he wait 5 months to do it? I also don't agree with MHR drilling wells but not completing them, since I dont like the idea of them spending money and not recognizing revenue. I think their drilling plan, and therefore need to spend capital, is going to depend a lot on how both JVs get set up. If they sign a Ohio JV and a WV JV, and drilling starts on both those right away, then maybe they're own drilling takes a back seat til commodity prices increase.

I think youre right, and pads like the Farley that are basically waiting to be completed get capital right away. But with $2.80 natural gas and NGL prices down, I'd rather wait a year for infrastructure in the basin to catch up.

I've got another article submitted to SA, its waiting on the editors, that talks about natural gas exports to Canada and Mexico via pipeline. The volumes there are really exploding, so that, coupled with LNG in December which ramps through 2019, and some new domestic pipelines between now and 2018, should really shift natural gas consumption higher. No need to drill wells with gas at $2.80 when I think $3.50 - $4.50 will be the new normal.
    Jun 27, 2015. 10:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Magnum Hunter Finally Make A Big Deal? [View article]
    The preferred C shares are the most expensive source of funding MHR currently uses. I don't think it makes sense to keep cash in the bank earning 0% if you are paying 10.25% on $100 million. They can pay off the accounts payable, retire the C's, and still have $400 million in liquidity.
    Jun 27, 2015. 01:57 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Magnum Hunter Finally Make A Big Deal? [View article]
    We're all waiting for Gary to deliver. He's put together fantastic assets, but now he's got to address the balance sheet.
    Jun 27, 2015. 12:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lone Star says Penn Virginia should consider strategic alternatives [View news story]
    If Soros couldnt get a sale done with 10% ownership, Lone Star won't get much done with ~3%. Still, good to see them pushing for a sale.
    Jun 26, 2015. 02:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn Virginia jumps on BP takeover chatter [View news story]
    Thats dated June 26 which is tomorrow, and also announces that "Richard A. Bachmann resigned from the Board on June 14, 2002."

Further evidence its not a real story, imo.
    Jun 25, 2015. 12:52 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn Virginia jumps on BP takeover chatter [View news story]
    Its small for all of them. Not sure I buy this story. I cant find any mention of that "response" from PVA unless I follow a link from a social media account. Smells like a hoax.
    Jun 25, 2015. 12:41 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment