Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dividends At A Reasonable Price - Part 2 [View article]
    There are those who think CVX and XOM actually are overvalued, based on forward P/Es. It's a convincing argument.

May 14, 2015. 10:57 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lockheed Martin - Dividends In The Aerospace And Defense Sector [View article]
    Rose, Paul, kolpin:

Agree with all of you.

UNP has moved up my watch list. Among companies I don't own but want to, it and BDX are at the top.

I just have to decide if I want more positions with relatively low yields.

May 14, 2015. 10:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Favorite Industrial Stock Boasts 58 Years Of Consecutive Dividend Increases [View article]
    Steve:

Yeah, I already opened a half-position at 57, so I'm not kicking myself. And I agree that we'll get another chance. If not, I'll move on to something else. Lots of good companies out there.

May 14, 2015. 10:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Project $3 Million - Portfolio Management, New Purchase [View article]
    Aaron:

I am close to buying it. Waiting for my fortune teller to check in.

Seriously, it is high on my watch list, but ...

Its yield is a little lower than I'd like given that I recently have bought a few other lower yielders. And there certainly is no consensus regarding its valuation. I mean, it DOES have a P/E over 25.

I'm guessing I will buy some. Or not. But probably will. I think.

May 14, 2015. 10:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Is Poised To Break Out [View article]
    Gol & Pt:

I wish one or both of you would write articles with your take on GILD.

Is something wrong with the company? If so, what should management do to fix it?

Should investors buy, sell, hold or short?

What is it's short-term, medium-term and long-term future as a company and an investment?

It's easy to criticize. Help your fellow readers and investors by sharing your thesis in detail.

May 14, 2015. 10:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    tx:

I was hoping to get 56-ish but missed the boat and now it's going the other way.

Good thing I'm a patient man.

May 14, 2015. 12:10 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing Requires Perseverance [View article]
    Bill:

To heck with that. Next time Chowdah and I get together for lunch, he can buy because DGI has made him a lot richer than I'll ever be.

Ha!

May 13, 2015. 11:40 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing Requires Perseverance [View article]
    Chowdah:

This is why I'm uneasy with folks who always want to compare my Dividend Growth 50 with SPY or some other measuring stick.

It's not supposed to beat SPY in a bull market, and I'm not going to be doing monthly or quarterly updates comparing it to SPY.

I don't do that with my own DG portfolio, either. It would be silly and counterproductive.

May 13, 2015. 11:39 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing Requires Perseverance [View article]
    Oh, CFB ... you and your facts.

Don't you know facts get in the way of emotional, baseless arguments?

May 13, 2015. 11:32 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing Requires Perseverance [View article]
    I keep thinking I could sell $10K worth of KRFT and still have my original stake invested in it. Then I could use that $10K to buy other stuff. But ... I'm pretty sure I don't want to sell any shares of KRFT because, like Chowdah, I think a good company is going to get much better -- and I like owning great companies!

May 13, 2015. 11:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stress Test For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    Jerry:

<<Did very well doing this last time and will repeat if and when necessary.>>

You are a classic example of one who is happy and comfortable with his own strategy -- or hybrid of multiple strategies. I commend you and wish you good fortune.

There is no one right way or wrong way.

May 13, 2015. 11:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Paul, Rose and kolpin:

This from Fidelity research ...

FWIW, S&P Capital IQ gives NSC a $119.90 fair value and calls it a Buy. Eva Dimensions (with a 99 StarMine Accuracy Rating) advises Underweighting it. Jefferson Research raises a red flag about NSC's balance sheet and calls it a Hold. Zack's tags it with a "Strong Sell," which isn't very common. So the analysis is all over the map for NSC.

S&P Cap gives UNP a $117.90 fair value and calls it a Buy. Eva calls it a Hold. Jefferson Research gives it strongest quality grades across the board and rates it a Buy. Zacks calls it a "Sell" based on a poor earnings report.

CSX gets a $37.90 fair value price from S&P Cap, which says it's a Hold. Eva calls it a Hold. Jefferson Research gives it strong grades across the board and says it's a Buy. Zack's says it's a Sell.

So Zack's doesn't like any of the railroads. Otherwise, UNP seems the best of the bunch if one gives any credence to these analysts.

Oh, and of course LMT is overvalued. Then again, it has been since it moved north of $100.

May 13, 2015. 11:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is There A Dividend Bubble: Kinder Morgan Edition [View article]
    Thanks for the answers, Ian and Clayton.

Good point on XLE and its ilk.

As for Kinder's dividend promise, surely managers of big funds -- who theoretically are far savvier than the rest of us -- aren't guilty of getting hoodwinked by Kinder, are they?

May 13, 2015. 01:48 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Chevron's 'Frozen' Dividend An Opportunity? [View article]
    maxwell:

Well, that doesn't PROVE that CVX will never be $60 again, but I do get the point you're making.

May 13, 2015. 01:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stress Test For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    mary:

Hey, we can learn from our successes, too!

May 13, 2015. 01:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment