Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
    Billion:

I agree with every word you say here. I wasn't quite prepared enough to scoop it up during the mini-crash but I'll buy DIS if it gets down near 90 again. And, frankly, I might not wait that long.

Aug 31, 2015. 10:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Mary:

Thanks for mentioning MPC. I intentionally omitted companies from the Energy sector, but others might like to do some research on it.

Aug 31, 2015. 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tyler:

Several folks have voiced similar concerns about FB ... and all of you might be absolutely right. As I said in the article, it's nigh impossible to make such predictions about companies that have never paid dividends, so I tried to pick interesting names with good fundamentals and balance sheets.

I actually sold half my GE stake shortly after they announced the freeze and not all that long ago sold the other half. So except for what I own in the DG50, I am now an ex-shareholder of the company I bought in 2008. It never did come close to getting back to my buy price ($30), but my position actually was worth more than I paid for it thanks to dripping.

I'm with you on NKE and SBUX but those valuations give me pause. Of course, I've been saying that about them forever. If I had just bought them when they were "overvalued" 3 years ago, I'd be pretty happy now!!

Aug 31, 2015. 10:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Jim:

Nice!!!

Aug 31, 2015. 10:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pepsi:

You're right ... TSCO isn't a household name. I had to look it up!

Tractor Supply Co has a 6-year DG streak, low debt and climbing earnings. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Aug 31, 2015. 10:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    george & Brian:

You both might be right.

Or wrong.

I guess we'll see!

Aug 31, 2015. 10:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Miguel:

Quite a list. Congrats on buying GILD for relative peanuts. I had never heard of it until a couple years ago. Thank goodness for SA.

Aug 31, 2015. 10:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    grisly:

I'm 1-for-2. I know nothing about LNC but I have heard of the Beatles!!

I DO believe in yesterday. Tomorrow, too!

Aug 31, 2015. 10:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ian:

TXN, which has a streak of 11 years, is a good one. My only concern is that its EPS has been all over the map. Big-time struggles during the recession, and even 2012 was a down year for them.

I have more faith in AAPL than you do, but it will never be a huge position in my portfolio.

Aug 31, 2015. 10:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Kathy:

It sounds like your back-pats were well-deserved!

I agree on SBUX and V, two I want to own but can't make myself buy. I own a pretty large WBA stake, so it's hard to imagine I'll buy CVS, too.

Aug 31, 2015. 10:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    American:

If I had to rate them by likelihood of eventual Championhood, those three would be high on my list. I own AAPL and GILD and I'm starting to wonder what's taking me so long to buy some HON.

Aug 31, 2015. 10:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    geekette & Chowdah:

My story is about Nortel, which I bought in 2000 with one of my first online transactions. Eventually, I had something like $1.25 worth of NT in my portfolio and it stayed there for years. I wasn't about to pay a $10 commission to sell a $1.25 stock. Finally, Vanguard asked if I just wanted it gone for free and I took 'em up on it.

I probably should have kept it as a reminder to never buy crap like that again!!!

Aug 31, 2015. 10:34 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BT:

You make a lot of sense.

Aug 31, 2015. 10:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Brian:

You sound like me! I simply can't make myself pay 30x earnings (or more) for a company. If that means I miss out, then I miss out.

Aug 31, 2015. 10:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These Are Future Dividend Champions, My Friends [View article]
    Thanks for the discussion on GILD and AAPL going down in price after the dividend announcements. I tend to think both were coincidental, but it's definitely interesting.

As for which stocks have performed well since that series came out in May/June ... means zippo in such a short time frame. I know you know that, Chowdah, and were just providing some chit-chat.

Aug 31, 2015. 10:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment