Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Hasbro Seriously Overvalued? Should I Trim It Or Sell It? [View article]
    Craig:

At least once a month for the past 6-9 months, it seems, somebody wrote a "MO is overvalued - time to sell" article. And then all MO does is go up. I think the first one was when MO just crossed 40!

Lettin' my winners run.

Jul 29, 2015. 05:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Baxter Guidance Portending A Dividend Cut? [View article]
    Eric, the yield is actually lower for those who held through the spin-off and are still holding BXLT.

The BXLT dividend is .07. That means the combined dividend is .185 per quarter or .74 per year. Add up where BAX (38.50 and BXLT (30.92) are trading, and that's a combined 69.42. The "combined yield" is 1.07%. Yikes!

I am glad I sold BXLT (and I did so a couple bucks higher) and now I have to seriously think about unloading BAX. In fact, I probably will sell it; I just have to decide what a fair price is.

If I want a low-yielding medical supply company in my portfolio, I don't know why I'd choose BAX over BDX or MDT.

You totally nailed this, Eric. Fantastic job. I only wish I had heeded your advice and dumped it. For the record, our DG50 cohort, ScottU, also told me to dump it. Sometimes a man has to learn his own painful lessons.

Jul 29, 2015. 05:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Differing Outlooks On The Market [View article]
    Kathy:

COST, DIS, MMM, CL and a few others are at the top of my "next crash" list.

Jul 29, 2015. 05:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Differing Outlooks On The Market [View article]
    AMGN giving back some gains today. Down about $3 as I write this. I still want it lower but I'd be surprised if it doesn't pop again after earnings tomorrow. GILD up about $4. I'm comfortable with my GILD position.

MO has had some curious action today after what I thought was a pretty nice earnings report. Up in premarket, down a little early, down more this afternoon. Nothing crazy, just a little surprising to me.

Jul 29, 2015. 01:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Differing Outlooks On The Market [View article]
    I personally believe COST is the best company in that industry. Having said that, I own only a teeny bit of it while TGT is one of my largest satellite positions. I used to own a pretty good chunk of WMT but sold it when they raised the divvy by 2% for the second straight year and their earnings started going south.

I will own more COST one day. I just won't pay 27-30x earnings for it.

Jul 29, 2015. 01:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Stock Portfolio For July 27, 2015 [View article]
    Eric:

Very nice project. I (and many others, I'm sure) will be looking forward to following this portfolio.

Any of us can quibble with a few of the choices because we all have our "favorites," but this is a pretty representative portfolio. I know it wasn't all that easy to put one together while paying fairly close attention to current valuation.

Keep us posted. I know you will.

Jul 29, 2015. 10:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Kinder Morgan Is Too Much For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    walter:

<< I suppose that now that you have all of us worrying about our KMI longs, you will sleep easier. >>

Ha! You caught me and exposed my devious plan! Bwahahahaha!!!

Made me laugh out loud, too. Thanks.

Jul 29, 2015. 10:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Similarities: I have owned both.

Differences: I bailed on LINE at my break-even point, getting out before I would have lost thousands and thousands and thousands (and thousands) of dollars.

That's the only difference that matters to me!!!!

Jul 29, 2015. 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Bob:

Thank you for the excellent suggestions about the business plan (I have one, but it is less "rules-y" and more "guideline-y") and the MLPs.

If this article has gotten people thinking about their KMI holding -- or any other holding, for that matter -- it has achieved what I wanted it to. I know it has helped my thought process.

Jul 29, 2015. 10:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Denisa:

Because I am the ultimate keep-it-simple guy. I wouldn't know a covered call if it came up and sat next to me on a barstool.

Maybe I need to expand my horizons?!?!

Jul 29, 2015. 10:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    gabby & ray:

You both make a lot of sense, and I certainly am leaning against selling any major part of my KMI stake.

My only problem with gabby's advice is that it will add about 50 pounds to my frame and I'll probably end up with some sickness that kills me before I can spend all my KMI dividends!!!

Jul 29, 2015. 10:26 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DS:

<<Ordinarily those two would be enough to sway me, but I'm a little slow on this one.>>

Or maybe your instincts are correct.

I think it's good that you are thinking for yourself. I'm sure you have made plenty of investments that Chowdah and Bob (and I) can envy!!

Jul 29, 2015. 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    eras:

<<I read on-line recently that teachers are the best investors>>

Seems like quite the non sequitur, but OK.

Jul 29, 2015. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    as:

My wife doesn't want to be involved in our investing and she completely, absolutely trusts me. One of her few faults - ha!

Jul 29, 2015. 10:20 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Steve:

Great, helpful comment. Thanks.

Jul 29, 2015. 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment