Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • It's New! It's Nifty! It's The Dividend Growth 50! [View article]
    OK ... but this is kind of like a past-his-prime baseball player trying to hang on to reach 3,000 hits!

Mar 27, 2015. 03:18 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bear Claws My Dividend Growth Portfolio - Will I Cut And Run? [View article]
    Gotcha.

I do think Ally does IRAs now and you probably could do an in-kind transfer, but you might be right about it not being worth the hassle.

Mar 27, 2015. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kraft And Quibbling Over Yield [View article]
    gabby:

Both do use DGI as the primary strategy, though. As I said, there's plenty of overlap. One is just super-passive (DG50) while I will make changes in my portfolio (though I am quite buy-and-holdy).

Mar 27, 2015. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's New! It's Nifty! It's The Dividend Growth 50! [View article]
    dqs:

Thanks. The real challenge, though, is reading the comment stream.

This one I am about to hit the button on is No. 999 -- Herman Cain would be proud!!!

Mar 27, 2015. 03:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Rich:

Yep. My GIS has advanced nicely, too.

The volume of KRFT orders has been through the roof for three straight days. Investors are voting on the merger with their wallets.

Mar 27, 2015. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    My wife and I have yet to cross paths today. She actually has to work for a living, if you can believe that! When I get the recipe, I'll post it. Too many want it now to send it by PM.

Mar 27, 2015. 03:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Chowdah & Minutemen:

Now at 89. Crazy volume again, as Minutemen stated.

I guess we'll see soon enough what the new company really is "worth."

Mar 27, 2015. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategy: Benchmark Your Way To Success [View article]
    Doug:

Since my college days, and through many return visits, I have grown to consider Milwaukee a most underrated town. Good eats, good entertainment, historic, pro sports, the best frozen custard on the planet, and of course Marquette U!

Mar 27, 2015. 02:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Financial Freedom 50 [View article]
    Faye:

Of course you deserve it, as do I. I know I am a good person, and I suspect you are as well.

I don't define "deserving" when used in this context as the same as entitlement, but maybe you and others do.

Regardless, I second your expression of being fortunate. I think I'm one of the luckiest guys alive!

Mar 27, 2015. 02:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Steve:

My Ally Bank checking account yields about .9% and I don't have to make any time commitment as one must with a CD. Curious as to why you would choose a .35% CD.

Mar 27, 2015. 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Ron:

Health reasons, gotcha. Stay well, my friend.

Mar 27, 2015. 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Ron:

The carbs don't bother me in the least. I'm going to enjoy life -- with moderation, of course. I mean, it's not like I have 10 of 'em a week or anything.

Oh, and they should be washed down with an ice cold beer.

Mar 27, 2015. 12:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kraft And Quibbling Over Yield [View article]
    gabby:

Don't confuse my DG50 project with the way I set up my own personal portfolio.

There is some crossover, but there also is lots of disagreement. And I weight my personal portfolio differently. The DG50 began equally weighted while mine favors the companies I designate as the best.

Mar 27, 2015. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategy: Benchmark Your Way To Success [View article]
    I drank lots of Schlitz in college - Marquette U 1978-82. It was the beer that made Milwaukee famous ... till Stroh's bought it and moved it to Detroit.

Mar 27, 2015. 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    KRFT almost hit 90 today. Pretty amazing stuff.

Mar 27, 2015. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment