Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    musk:

We don't know yet when the ex-div date on the special will be. I will, however, speculate that those who are selling now will not get the special. It's hard to imagine that if you don't own KRFT at the time the deal actually is finalized -- and we are still weeks or even months away from that happening -- that you will be rewarded with the special dividend.

Most sellers probably don't care about that, though. They figure they are locking in the equivalent of the special dividend -- and then some -- by selling now. At least that's what I would be thinking if I were selling.

Mar 27, 2015. 09:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Rich:

Very, very helpful comment and links. Thanks.

Mar 27, 2015. 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Boom:

I'll put you on the list!

Who knew this was gonna turn into a cooking show?

Mar 27, 2015. 09:28 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Minutemen:

Thanks for yet another very useful comment.

Mar 27, 2015. 09:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    MW:

I am not a science denier. I am often accused of being a liberal (although I actually am a registered Independent). This simply is an issue that I cannot get my hackles up about. My brain can only process a certain number of life-or-death issues. Seriously. I'm not being sarcastic!

Plus, I happen to like the taste of beef. So my personal prejudices get in the way.

Here's hoping we both live long, productive lives.

Mar 27, 2015. 09:26 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Better (Balanced) Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Nicholas:

I bought GILD and AMGN in early February and wrote about the reasons here: http://bit.ly/1FUuveh Obviously, I wish I had climbed aboard much earlier. I'll gladly add to both as available cash allows and prudent valuations merit.

I have to look more into WFC, as I have been so anti-U.S. bank since the big meltdown that I haven't even considered them. WFC was the only bank that made the Dividend Growth 50 -- meaning many respected SA contributors give it the thumbs-up -- and it's owned by you, Chuck Carnevale and countless others I follow. So maybe I need to put my emotions on hold and do some due diligence.

Mar 27, 2015. 09:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Better (Balanced) Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Fun and informative read, Nicholas.

Makes me want to buy stock in Crayola!

The companies that stick out to me that I don't already own are WPC and WFC. I don't really need another REIT, but I agree that WPC is a good one if valuation is right. And like many others I am shy about banks, but WFC seems to be best of breed among large U.S. institutions. Of those I own, I recently bought "starter positions" in both QCOM and GILD and would like to add to them.

Keep up the good work!

Mar 26, 2015. 11:39 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    well:

Glad it works for you!

Mar 26, 2015. 11:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Hungry:

I mentioned the 16.50 in the article and it has been brought up repeatedly in comments.

Mar 26, 2015. 11:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Christine:

I like to think we're equally brilliant.

Mar 26, 2015. 11:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Christine:

I know that one of the ingredients is Monterrey Jack because she made me go to the store and get it for her.

If you want, I can PM you the recipe, too. geekette already put in her request.

Mar 26, 2015. 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    geekette:

I will ask her for it and PM you.

Mar 26, 2015. 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    geekette:

I don't care what religion folks follow; I just don't want them to beat me over the head with their views. Same is true of any number of things, including the beef-is-evil folks.

I like beef. I eat it 2-3 times a week. I will continue to enjoy it in moderation for the rest of my life. If that bothers someone else, well, they can take it up with the Beef Police.

Mar 26, 2015. 11:02 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bear Claws My Dividend Growth Portfolio - Will I Cut And Run? [View article]
    When my Dad died in 1998, only a year after my Mom had passed, my brothers and I were surprised to see how many CDs and bonds he had. They had just been socking away as much money as they could in the safest investments possible.

It would be nice if there were a similar kind of option like that now.

Mar 26, 2015. 10:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Peace:

The only thing that matters is that you are content and comfortable. Don't worry about what anybody else thinks (except, of course, Mr. Peace!).

Mar 26, 2015. 10:53 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment