Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
    bat:

Stop with the teasers? C'mon! Check out Part 2, same Bat Time, same Bat Channel!!

May 26, 2015. 11:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    DN:

Hard to go wrong with either JNJ ore XOM. Thanks for the kind words.

May 26, 2015. 11:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ian:

It's hard to pirate Disney World.

May 26, 2015. 11:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Rich:

Perfectly, perfectly stated.

May 26, 2015. 11:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    grisly:

You might be very right. I might be beating myself over the head with a 2x4 and crying, "Why didn't I buy DIS at 110 and SBUX at 50 in 2015?!?!?!?

May 26, 2015. 11:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Pharm:

Aside from GE and JPM, I like your list. I don't hate PFE, but I like several healthcare companies better.

May 26, 2015. 11:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tim:

Dang it, there you go again!!

I think I'll buy Nestle in my taxable account to-freakin-morrow!!!!!

May 26, 2015. 11:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    joni:

Shhh!

May 26, 2015. 11:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ian:

I have to mostly agree with you. I'm not sure I'd be quite as forceful in my prediction because AAPL has fooled folks with innovations before -- I mean, 20 years ago, one might have said Apple wouldn't last 20 years because who knows if computers would even exist -- but I wouldn't be confident enough to make AAPL my No. 1.

May 26, 2015. 11:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Rich:

I wish like heck we had such a treaty with Switzerland. I'd buy Nestle in a Swiss second!

May 26, 2015. 11:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The No. 1 Stock In The World - Part 1 [View article]
    PM is one of my original "DGI Superstars." It was joined on that list by MO last year. I own lots of both, so much so that even though Dave sure made RAI sound like an interesting option, I just can't consider another Big Tobacco company at this time.

May 26, 2015. 10:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    II:

<<So I guess that just goes to show even DGI investors aren't immune to the human nature to abandon beaten down sectors even though they probably offer some of the best values right now.>>

C'mon, man, you are too smart to speak out of ignorance this way. I already hinted strongly that oil would have its place in Part 2 -- in other words, DG investors DID choose beaten-down companies from a beaten-down sector. And in their notes to me, several of the panelists had XOM as their second or third choice for Question 1.

Also, I expressly told the panelists that they didn't need to consider valuation, especially for Question 1.

So please, II ... you're better than that!

May 26, 2015. 10:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The No. 1 Stock In The World - Part 1 [View article]
    Thanks for answering that, BIB.

zoral, I do not own any foreign companies that are subject to taxation, but I am willing if I can learn more about recovering the taxes (or most of them). I'm not in a super hurry and I've got other stuff on my plate right now, but I will check it out.

May 26, 2015. 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    joni:

You know I think MMM is one of the great companies. I hope it is a wonderful holding for you for years -- and maybe it'll even give you a chance to top it off down the line!

May 26, 2015. 10:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Dave:

I -- and the readers -- missed your calm, reasoned, intelligent mind.

You didn't need to look at it as you were personally spending 25K on a stock. You could have looked at it as you were investing it for a rich aunt. Or however you needed to look at it so you didn't feel you were doing something that made you uncomfortable.

The whole thing is hypothetical, anyway. I'm not worried about somebody looking at, say, Adam's choice of HON and going out and plunking down $50K on that one (and only one) stock. If a person does that, wow, it's on them!

Again, I missed you because I know you would have added a lot. But I still respect you big-time and I hope we will collaborate again in the future.

May 26, 2015. 10:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment