Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The New Nifty Fifty, Part 2: Dividend Growth Investing's Greatest Hits [View article]
    Smarty & PTI:

I won't hazard a guess as to performance vs. SPY, but then again, that wouldn't matter all that much to me anyway.

Thanks for reading.

Oct 23 10:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    v:

I generally agree with you. But when you systematically build a position over time the way Crosetti has built KO, and when you also have significant other holdings to become a multimillionaire ... well, let's just say that Dave probably isn't too worried he has too much KO.

Oct 23 10:25 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, Doug.

During the little pullback, I tried to top off GIS super cheap and failed. The limit order is still out there but might never be filled!

Oct 23 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, Ron. I knew Siskel a little as he was a huge sports fan (especially the Jordan-era Bulls), but I never met Ebert.

Oct 23 10:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    maybe:

Yes, I like that "oh," the next "ohhh," and mostly the falsetto at the end of "and when I ask you to be mi-i-i-iiiine!"

Dopey story: When I was a teenager, I was in love with this one girl and I actually made a tape of me singing "I Should Have Known Better" and sent it to her. How is it possible that we were never a couple?

Decades later, I did a live-band karaoke version while on a cruise. Got a loud ovation, but I think it was mostly for having the courage to do it, because my voice ain't what it used to be. (And I was never exactly Lennon.)

I know their catalog is so deep that doing a best-of collection must be brutally difficult, but how can you leave out "I Should Have Known Better"?!?!?!?

Oct 23 10:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I appreciate it, Jon and Steve.

Oct 23 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    moe:

I make no promises as to backtesting, but thanks for the nice words.

Oct 23 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    robert:

VGR is a little too "peppy" for me and I don't follow it at all, so hopefully Miz or somebody else with knowledge will chime in and respond.

Oct 23 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Miz:

That's my favorite part of Seeking Alpha, is seeing how my colleagues think. And you are right up there with my faves, so thanks for taking part and giving readers some insight.

Oct 23 10:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Growth Investing Epiphany [View article]
    Nathan:

Some real food for thought there.

As a basically lazy (and cheap) guy, maybe real estate isn't for me after all!

Oct 23 10:05 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time In The Market Is More Important Than Timing The Market [View article]
    Jon:

I was going to write: Quality + Patience = Ahhhh!

But you beat me to it!

Oct 23 09:38 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Still Time To Sell Verizon [View article]
    jnp:

I agree.

They can sell, drive down the price some, and I'll be happy to take some of those shares off their hands at, say, under $33 for T and under $46.50 for VZ!

Then I'll hold for, oh, two or three decades, dripping along the way, and live happily ever after!

Oct 23 09:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Stocks Aren't For Sale [View article]
    Hi Eli.

Great thesis, well presented.

I bought WAG the same time you did and repeatedly came to the same conclusions you did over the last couple of years. Although I did sell some along the way to fund purchases in some higher-yielding companies I liked as much, I'm still long WAG, which I consider a solid satellite position in my portfolio.

I have no interest in selling any of the rest of it, either, and I can say the same of at least two dozen other positions.

Oct 23 09:02 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Growth Investing Epiphany [View article]
    D.H.:

First, thanks for the mention. I am honored to be in the company of so many smart people.

Second, I enjoyed the article a lot and I really do get the comparison between DGI and single-family rentals. I actually have considered getting into the latter myself but, frankly, I'm a little chicken. Maybe down the road, you and I can have a conversation about it!

I have signed on to be a follower and am looking forward to reading about your journey. I wish you nothing but good fortune.

Oct 22 10:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bloggers' Dividend Growth Portfolio: Popular Dividend Growth Stocks Trading On U.S. Exchanges [View article]
    Thanks for the mention. Part 2 of my article has been submitted and I would imagine it being published at some point tomorrow.

Good luck with your portfolio.

Oct 22 09:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment