Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Surviving A Worst-Case Scenario To Become A Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    Dave:

<<COP, CVX, CVS, COST, CAT, CL, CLX>>

It figures you'd go for the CCC's!!

Sep 20 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MAY:

<<You are one of the best at interacting with your readers. >>

What a ridiculous thing to say! No wonder you have no friends!!!!

(Oh, what a hilarious guy I am!)

Sep 20 04:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MAY:

You were smart enough to buy some at 20!

I have never used calls or puts or options of any kind. Maybe some day.

Sep 20 04:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jd:

It's not easy pushing the buy button with so much blood in the water. 2009 was a great time to buy pretty much any stock - also scary as hell.

Sep 20 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bull Trap That Is Philip Morris International [View article]
    AP:

Thanks for your insight. Off-brands are a little troublesome to all products, including tobacco, but only a little troublesome. People tend to be loyal to their Gillette razors, their Huggies diapers, their Heinz ketchup and their Marlboros. And only latter of those is addictive!

Looking forward to PM and MO grabbing a slice of the ganja market one day, too!

Sep 20 03:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term Volatility Could Provide An Excellent Entry Point To Buy Visa [View article]
    I am hoping for another crack at V under 200 and will pounce this time!

Sep 20 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's Corporation: On 'Low D' Notice [View article]
    bg:

$15-$25? Why not $500 per hour? That's as likely to happen as $25 for MCD workers.

Sep 20 03:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's Corporation: On 'Low D' Notice [View article]
    Like chowder, I am happy to hold MCD, collect the divvies and wait for them to work out their problems. As richjoy says, MCD has fallen out of favor before and responded; so many great companies do.

I was happy to add at 91 on the recent dip and now own a full position of what I consider a core holding.

As for things I have to worry about in my life, MCD is well down in the pecking order. I'm much more concerned about the low level of beer we have in our house right now.

Sep 20 03:38 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bull Trap That Is Philip Morris International [View article]
    Occam:

I would have liked to have seen the author's reply to your comment.

It's very difficult to offer real evidence to counter addiction.

Sep 20 06:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    All:

I am going to bed soon and I have a busy weekend ahead of me. I umpire youth baseball and the fall leagues in Charlotte are in full swing (pun intended). Plus, I need to spend time with my wife and watch some football (not necessarily in that order).

So if I don't respond to your comments in my typically timely fashion, you'll know why. I do promise I'll get to them eventually.

Have a good weekend, everybody.

Sep 19 11:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    lobeta:

Your opinion is that it was my opinion, of that we can agree!

Sep 19 11:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Performance: How Do I Measure Thee? Let Me Count The Ways [View article]
    RAS:

My favorite color is Mango Tango (Crayola color #FF8243). Thanks for asking!

Seriously, my head is spinning from all the stuff you gave me to think about here. In summary, though, you and I have similar investing goals ... so I'll never even be tempted to tell you what you should invest in!!

Sep 19 11:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DGI: Should You Focus More On Share Count Growth Rather Than Share Price Volatility? [View article]
    Nicholas:

I don't really focus on share count growth, but I do focus on income. And given that I reinvest my dividends, it results in share count growth. So we're pretty much on the same page here.

Thanks for the interesting read.

Sep 19 11:00 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nathan:

If only I could have "liked" your comment twice, I would have.

Sep 19 10:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    John:

I already had some carryover losses, so I haven't cashed in any from GE yet. What's funny is that even though the position is "in the black," my cost basis is still "in the red," so if I sold a bunch of GE tomorrow I'd have new losses to declare.

Glad that, like me and other fortunate investors, you came out of the situation in good shape.

Sep 19 10:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment