Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • These Are Future Dividend Champions, My Friends [View article]
    geekette:

In general, I am not a retail fan, either. Long TGT and just a smidge COST -- wish I had more of the latter; a little worried I might have too much of the former!

Sold my WMT just in time in Feb.

(Is WBA retail? I guess so. I own that, too.)

Sep 3, 2015. 12:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Sky Was Falling Into The Hands Of Astute Dividend Growth Investors: Did You Catch Any? [View article]
    samber:

I'd appreciate that.

Not sure what I did to piss you off, but I'll do my best to avoid you, too.

Sep 2, 2015. 11:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When Opportunity Reveals Itself [View article]
    ls:

Half? We'll see.

Long WEC, bought at much lower prices. My favorite utility.

Sep 2, 2015. 11:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon: Dividend Increase On The Way, Here's What I Expect [View article]
    Scott:

Well, I guess we'll find out by Friday or so!

(How's that for avoiding your question?)

Sep 2, 2015. 11:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These Are Future Dividend Champions, My Friends [View article]
    rhi:

Glad you liked it.

Sep 2, 2015. 11:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These Are Future Dividend Champions, My Friends [View article]
    geekette:

<<they had a habit of advertising prices IN STORE that never seemed to make it to your register tape. After 3 different visits of pointing this out and having management "make it right", I won't shop Kroger again.>>

Believe it or not, I like it when this happens!

As I said earlier, Harris Teeter -- which last year was bought by Kroger -- is the big food chain in North Carolina. And their policy is that if it rings up wrong, you get it free.

I am extremely sharp-eyed and patient. After I get done at the register, I pull the cart over to the side and inspect the receipt very closely. Invariably, I find a mistake, sometimes two. I take the receipt over to customer service and I not only get to keep the items but they also give me my money back. I have had this happen with $25 racks of ribs; $20 packages of chicken, etc. Just happened on my last trip with a $3 bag of candy.

I don't think it's deceitful, I think it's just a lack of quality control. Whoever is supposed to re-price sale items just fails to do his/her job.

Every time I catch one of these, it lowers my bills. Lower bills = more money to build a dividend stream!

Sep 2, 2015. 11:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These Are Future Dividend Champions, My Friends [View article]
    as:

We are allowed to disagree. I vastly prefer COST's history and future to that of KR, but you certainly can feel differently.

As a friend of mine used to joke: You're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong!

Sep 2, 2015. 11:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • These Are Future Dividend Champions, My Friends [View article]
    Billion:

I absolutely agree. In the end, ESPN will be just fine as a money-maker for DIS.

Sep 2, 2015. 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Differing Outlooks On The Market [View article]
    You wouldn't believe how many women want to rub my bald head. One lady told me she was tired of guys with hair!

Sep 2, 2015. 10:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3M: A Fortress To Weather The Storm [View article]
    Rose:

I was using 8.66 for 2016 earnings as provided by Fidelity. x15, that got me to 129.90. Our figures are pretty close.

Neither of us has any reason to rush, so it's a matter of which of us can avoid Twitchy Finger Syndrome!

Sep 2, 2015. 03:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 12 Attractive Fast-Growing Dividend Growth Stocks For High Total Return [View article]
    Namron:

In our family, I am the princess!

Sep 2, 2015. 03:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These Are Future Dividend Champions, My Friends [View article]
    Damn:

I had PM on my original list and then I said, "Nah ... that's too easy!"

I did consider HSY. It had been a Champion before freezing its divvy coming out of the recession. According to Morningstar, it has 2 1/2 times the debt of the industry average, and that made me move it down on my list for this article. I do think HSY is a fine company and I will consider buying it at a lower value point. You absolutely could be right about it returning to Champion status.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

Sep 2, 2015. 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Differing Outlooks On The Market [View article]
    gabby:

You might be on to something.

I can type (and write) very fast. And I am very bald after, indeed, having a wonderful head of curly hair for the first half of my life.

Chowdah, meanwhile, types excruciatingly slow and he describes writing an article as a painful process. But I can attest that he has a very full head of Bill Clinton-looking white hair!

Hmmm. We need to get Ivy League researchers on this correlation right away!

Sep 2, 2015. 02:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3M: A Fortress To Weather The Storm [View article]
    Rose:

I am wanting 129.90, which is 15x 2016 EPS estimates. I might be dreaming, though, and might have to accept your price instead!

Sep 2, 2015. 02:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Dividend Growth Stocks For Your Retirement Portfolio's Aggregate Yield 4.3%: Part 2 [View article]
    I sold most of my funds when I decided to go to DGI, but I kept a healthy stake in Vanguard Wellington, the extremely well-run balanced fund that is about 2/3 blue-chip stocks and 1/3 high-quality bonds.

It is my main exposure to bonds and I like having such a fine fund in my portfolio.

Yet another example of how every DGI isn't alike. Many of my colleagues, whom I respect very much, wouldn't be caught dead having a large stake of ANY fund in their portfolios. On the other hand, some DGIs have even more funds and ETFs, too.

It's all about goals and comfort levels.

Sep 2, 2015. 02:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment