Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Target: Up Almost 40% In 6 Months, Now What? [View article]
    kevin:

You were the biggest Target bear I had read on this site and you made many compelling arguments against them. Are you less bearish on TGT now? If so, why? If not, why not?

Thanks,
    Apr 15, 2015. 10:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: What A 15% Higher Price Means For Returns [View article]
    Yep, Rose.

Leaning strongly toward selling at least half of my position. I'm just trying to decide if I want to do any selling before or after Friday's earnings report. When buying, I almost always wait until after an earnings report, but I sell so infrequently that I don't have any real "guidelines" for that kind of timing.

Apr 15, 2015. 10:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart's Dividend Growth Is Far From Over [View article]
    I was a little disappointed that the second consecutive pathetic 2% dividend hike, announced in February, wasn't included in the article.

One can go back to long-term averages all one wants, but a company that has raised its dividend only 2% for two straight years while barely giving investors a 2.5% yield is hardly the kind of stock that most Dividend Growth investors find pleasing.

Given some of the headwinds Wal-Mart is facing, and reading comments by its executives, I have little reason to believe the company's DG story looks bright. Its dividend policy seems to be placing it as more of a growth/total-return play, and maybe that's fine with many investors.

I'm happy I sold my WMT stake at 84+ last month (http://seekingalpha.co...) and replaced it with companies more committed to Dividend Growth. The fact that I'm also not in love with the retail sector as a whole made the decision fairly easy.

I wish good fortune to all.

Apr 15, 2015. 10:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: What A 15% Higher Price Means For Returns [View article]
    Clayton:

Thanks for the link to your interesting article. I certainly agree with you that much of these latest moves has a lot to do with that.

I almost surely will sell at least some of my GE. Trying to decide if I want to dump the whole kit 'n kaboodle. Lots of companies out there, many with far less drama.

Apr 15, 2015. 09:58 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: What A 15% Higher Price Means For Returns [View article]
    Paul:

Curious to hear why you remain bullish on GE. It is one of my larger positions and I am considering at least trimming it.

Apr 15, 2015. 08:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AbbVie: Great Growth, Great Value, And A 3.3% Dividend [View article]
    track:

You obviously need to do some reading and other homework before you are ready to even consider buying ABBV.

Apr 14, 2015. 11:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Adjusting For Lower-Than-Expected Returns In Retirement [View article]
    TF:

Exactly. I liked your explanation so much I clipped and saved it!

I am not the least bit put off by the way we eventually will cash out. We probably will start to collect $$ from it the year my wife retires (probably 2021, when she turns 59 1/2) and just take it in 10 equal annual payments. It will be a welcome source of money before Social Security kicks in, and might very well let us delay her taking SS for a few years.

I am thrilled to have a sure thing in our portfolio that pays more than pennies. It's hard to find those these days.

Apr 14, 2015. 04:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Dividend ETFs Slash Their Dividends By Up To 22% [View article]
    Minutemen:

It's hard to find many funds that have been managed as well as Wellington has for as long as Wellington has, that's for sure.

Apr 14, 2015. 03:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My K.I.S.S. Dividend Portfolio: 1st Quarter 2015 Update [View article]
    maybe:

<<Mike -- I agree, and I would bet most do. I like to do the same. An article on some specific goals would be interesting & helpful. Just an idea.>>

I liked that idea so much I wrote just such an article ... last July -- http://seekingalpha.co...

I can't believe you didn't commit it to memory!!

Actually, this just reinforces what an old editor of mine said after I complained about writing my zillionth Michael Jordan article: "Keep writing 'em. Readers don't keep clip files!"

Apr 14, 2015. 03:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My K.I.S.S. Dividend Portfolio: 1st Quarter 2015 Update [View article]
    Doc:

Well, my over-arching goal is to have "more than enough." Can't get much less specific than that!

Apr 14, 2015. 03:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AbbVie: Great Growth, Great Value, And A 3.3% Dividend [View article]
    Rose:

Coincidentally, I bought my EMR and ABBV stakes (with the cash I got from my WMT sale) shortly before Chuck wrote about what great values EMR and ABBV are. It's always nice to have one's recent purchase validated by Dr. Valuation!

Apr 14, 2015. 03:25 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • W.P. Carey: My Favorite Pick For A REIT Right Now [View article]
    David:

I like that plan. I might employ it, too. Because there will be another taper tantrum, so we might as well be patient and let the price come to us, right?

Apr 14, 2015. 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • W.P. Carey: My Favorite Pick For A REIT Right Now [View article]
    DS:

According to my math, with its $3.81/share dividend WPC's 5.5% yield mark is $69.27.

At $66.26, it yields 5.75%.

And, as Gary says above, its 6% yield mark is $63.50.

WPC is on my watch list and my sweet spot that would "force" me to buy is $64.03 -- which would be a 5.95%, rounding up to 6%.

I still haven't decided if I want another REIT to go along with O, NNN, OHI and HCN, however.

Apr 14, 2015. 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AbbVie: Great Growth, Great Value, And A 3.3% Dividend [View article]
    David:

Thanks for the good look at ABBV, one of the recent additions to my portfolio.

FYI, Chuck Carnevale also wrote a bullish article on ABBV (http://seekingalpha.co...), and in it he explains why the company's P/E ration isn't really 54. Using his "blended P/E," it is closer to 16, which helps make it a compelling investment.

Apr 14, 2015. 10:01 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: Traders May Sell, But Investors Should Hold [View article]
    go:

Good clarification. I am trying to decide what to do with my GE stake. I'm not a hater, but it certainly isn't one of the favorite companies I own and my position is overweight. Might be a good time to do some significant pruning.

Apr 14, 2015. 08:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment