Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
    Miguel:

I'd ask her, but she's not home from work yet. Gonna be big-time OT in the next paycheck!

Sugar Mamas ... everybody should have one.

Or two.

Dec 19, 2014. 06:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    maybe:

C'mon now ... you're reasonably smart. Kinda.

Takes one to know one!

Dec 19, 2014. 06:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Scoot:

<<If Your using Fidelity's online interface to track future performance , just click their "analysis" tab. It will break out your investments by sector and % associated to each sector, the tab will also break out your investments by investment style block ie: large , med, small , value, blend, growth and provide % as well.>>

Thanks for the tip ... and for the kind words, too.

Dec 19, 2014. 06:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jz:

<<Another good point is that if you own stocks like HCN and OHI that offer a discounted price on drips it may take several days for your dividend and shares to show up.>>

Oh yeah ... I forgot about this.

Vanguard doesn't do this, but Fidelity does. And with OHI in the DG50, I should get a smidge more Divvy Dollars. Nice!

Dec 19, 2014. 06:40 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    mb:

I could use a good night's sleep, but I was thinking more along the lines of 17 hours!

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Dec 19, 2014. 06:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hey, folks:

Just want to thank everybody for making this the most-read article I've done for Seeking Alpha.

The comment stream is starting to get really long; eventually, entering the stream will slow down my computer so much it will be difficult for me to access it. But I'm not there yet, and I will stay engaged until I am.

Dec 19, 2014. 05:11 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    suncoaster:

I am honored to be the recipient of Comment No. 1 from you. I have made over 10K comments -- which is hard to believe -- but I also lurked for many months before making numero uno. And given the mistakes I made early on, I probably should have waited many more months!

Seeking Alpha has helped me become a better thinker, and I'm sure I have the same names on my mind that you have on yours.

Steal away. That's what we're all here for!

Dec 19, 2014. 05:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    larry:

<<It appears you've already made a few "dollars" in only a few days. >>

I'm rich! Rich, I say!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!!!

(At least until Monday.)

Thanks for following along.

Dec 19, 2014. 05:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Eddie:

<<I'm setting up a new event date in my Galaxy calendar to remind me to look up an article from you on 12/15/2031 for the results. But just in case, could you IM me and let me know it's out there?>>

It's a deal ... although I'm pretty sure that by 2031, my brain will be able to transport thought-waves directly to your brain.

Dec 19, 2014. 05:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Can Eng:

I lived in Chicago for 16 years and never once rooted for the Cubs. Or the White Sox. Or the Bears, Bulls or Blackhawks. But then again, I was paid to be objective. I do root for the Panthers now that I live in N.C. and am just a "regular fan."

I appreciate you being a loyal reader. I used to update my blog, TheBaldestTruth.com, quite often but now that I don't get paid for it, it's sometimes hard to find the motivation. I know I'm long overdue for another.

Dec 19, 2014. 04:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    kolpin:

Thanks for the answers. I'm going to give this real consideration, not for the DG50 but for my own personal portfolio.

Dec 19, 2014. 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chowdah:

I might provide sector information in a future article just out of curiosity and just as a conversation starter. It wouldn't lead to any actions in the portfolio.

Beta ... I'm so disinterested in that, I wouldn't waste my time.

Dec 19, 2014. 04:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Chowdah, Minutemen & Dave F:

Chowdah is spot on that the first Nifty Fifty article was on my mind as I thought about what rules I would want to use for this portfolio. I didn't know he was Chownak the Magnificent mind-reader!

Still ...

I absolutely get Dave's point and I will think about it a little more. I have plenty of time to let it percolate inside my bald dome, as I don't think a merger or company going private is going to happen before, say, the new year.

I did say in the article that I would treat extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case basis. But maybe I should try to come up with a few "preventative medicine" rules for what-if scenarios such as discussed above.

Warning: I very well might private-message the panelists for suggestions like you made here. Even though it's my money and the DG50 is my chosen name, it's your portfolio, too.

Plus, then if things end up messed up, I have somebody I can blame. It'll be a win-win! Ha!!

Dec 19, 2014. 04:51 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    geekette:

Yeah, the folks here love to spend my money and book my time!

I'd be willing to do it if Seeking Alpha would hire me full time at, say, $100K per year.

You can be my agent ... work on that for me, will ya?

Dec 19, 2014. 04:43 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Seng:

<<For a non-market timer, your timing of 16 December is simply perfect - right at the bottom of the swing cycle.>>

Accidental genius. I love it!

Dec 19, 2014. 02:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment