Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Use Ensco To Build Dividend Income [View article]
    David:

I'm hoping for 46.15, which is the 6.5% yield point. It's getting there!

Apr 10 11:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing: Is Total Return A Useful Metric? [View article]
    nothing:

Thanks for getting me!

Apr 10 11:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing: Is Total Return A Useful Metric? [View article]
    Craig:

I'd like to get ESV at its 6.5% yield point (46.15), but it already is in the upper end of my buy zone. If it's still there early next week, when some new money hits my account, I probably will initiate a position. I've been deliberating about these drillers (mainly ESV and SDRL) forever. They aren't classic DGI companies, but not that I have a pretty complete income-growing portfolio, I'm in better position to make a more speculative play or two.

Apr 10 11:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing: Is Total Return A Useful Metric? [View article]
    DVK:

This is another example that DGI has different meaning for different investors. For me, the main benefit is the psychological one. It puts my mind at ease. That I also happen to think it is a common-sense way to prepare for my financial future is a major bonus!

Apr 10 11:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing: Is Total Return A Useful Metric? [View article]
    Baltimore:

I already know why I am doing what I am doing. I want to create a dividend stream that will supplement Social Security and pensions to the tune of several thousand dollars per month in retirement. That way, I will never have to sell a share of a company I don't really want to sell. That way, if in the first year of retirement, the Even Greater Recession happens, I won't have to sell stocks at a 40% or 50% loss just to get by because I'll be living on dividends. The high-quality companies I own not only kept paying divvies in 2008-09, they kept raising them -- as many of them have done for decades and decades.

I understand why other people do what they do, but for me, this just makes sense.

Apr 10 11:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Showers Bring... Dividend Growth, Joy And Fun! [View article]
    Dave:

If you noticed -- I sure did -- I don't think there was a single DGI-bashing comment in here. Maybe they read the headline and decided they didn't want to be covered with so much happiness!

I agree that it was a pleasant departure.

Apr 10 10:52 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Showers Bring... Dividend Growth, Joy And Fun! [View article]
    maybe:

<<But, for me, for now, this works. Nice to have choices. Nice to be alive.>>

You said it, brudder!

Apr 10 10:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • April Showers Bring... Dividend Growth, Joy And Fun! [View article]
    chowdah:

Don't forget that it was falling like a stone. It got down to 172 not long ago. If it declines again and I get it, fine. If I don't, that's fine, too. There are lots of 2% yielders in the sea!

Apr 10 10:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Showers Bring... Dividend Growth, Joy And Fun! [View article]
    chowder/heg:

I eventually will learn Excel. Too many people swear by it, and I'm pretty good at learning technology. In fact, I'm surprised (and a tiny bit embarrassed) that I don't already know how to use it. But I feel no shame taking pen to paper. I've done it for 50+ years and it works just fine!

Apr 10 10:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Showers Bring... Dividend Growth, Joy And Fun! [View article]
    maybe:

Those who did the proposing were just feeling a need to justify their salaries. Happens in lots of companies, unfortunately.

Apr 10 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Showers Bring... Dividend Growth, Joy And Fun! [View article]
    chowdah:

Hear! Hear!

Apr 10 10:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Showers Bring... Dividend Growth, Joy And Fun! [View article]
    DVK:

As we used to tell our kids: Katie worry about Katie and Ben worry about Ben.

Let the anti-DGI guys worry about getting rich themselves. I don't know why they seem so anxious to convert us. They call us a cult, but isn't that what cult leaders do -- try to win over the infidels?!?!?!

Oh well, I'm too busy smiling as I count my divvies (MO today, PM tomorrow) to worry much about what they say anyway.

Apr 10 10:42 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Showers Bring... Dividend Growth, Joy And Fun! [View article]
    I love all the sports analogies, guys.

Each was a home run, not an airball.

D'oh! Mixed sports metaphors!!!

Apr 10 10:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Showers Bring... Dividend Growth, Joy And Fun! [View article]
    maybe:

Are you trying to make my brain explode? Maybe I'll just drip forever, like an old faucet. Ha!

Apr 10 03:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • April Showers Bring... Dividend Growth, Joy And Fun! [View article]
    joni:

I've always known you were brilliant!

Apr 10 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment