Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
    Ron:

Loves me some WEC! Nice list.

Jan 21, 2015. 10:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Rose:

Certainly, among BDCs, it is a blue-chipper. BDC Buzz, among others, almost always rates it among the top 2 or 3 in every possible category. Except dividend yield, of course, because to step up in yield one must take even more risk with the PSECs and others of that ilk. This investor says no thanks!

Jan 21, 2015. 10:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    To All:

After being encouraged to do a correction by many readers I respect, I decided to do so. The article is now completely factually correct -- as it should have been in the first place.

Thanks, everybody!

Jan 21, 2015. 10:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Retired:

For you, for you, for you.

Apparently not for me!

Jan 21, 2015. 09:43 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    musk:

It sounds like you have a plan you are comfortable with, and that's as important as anything in investing.

Jan 21, 2015. 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rob:

What you say makes perfect sense. If you have equal conviction on all of your holdings, it is pragmatic to have equal amounts of them.

Jan 21, 2015. 09:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Light & mbn:

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2015. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    U.P.:

Many, many investors I respect equally weight their portfolios. Lots of ways to invest successfully. Best of luck.

Jan 21, 2015. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rose:

<<That risk, like you say, is pretty much worth it for MAIN.>>

I completely agree, and that's why I own it. But I also agree with myself (imagine the odds of that!) that I wouldn't want to own as much MAIN as I do any of my blue-chippers.

Oh, and thanks for pointing out the special divvies MAIN has paid the last couple of years. Love 'em!

Jan 21, 2015. 09:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    lvmpel:

If you are referring to the numbers next to the names in the tables, those are not dividend yields.

As clearly spelled out in the article, those are my holdings in each company as shown by a percentage of my portfolio.

Jan 21, 2015. 09:38 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    mbn:

316 losses. He started every 3rd or 4th day, he finished what he started win or lose.

Jan 21, 2015. 09:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    U.P.:

Sorry to say, there's no cure to Cubbie Fan Syndrome!

Jan 21, 2015. 09:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Steve and mbn:

Thanks a ton for your kind words and support.

Jan 21, 2015. 09:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: Updating My 2015 Primer [View article]
    Bill:

I saw that this morning. QCOM had been No. 1 on my watch list but I am now going to proceed even more cautiously than I had planned to. That's a major loss for QCOM, which is still facing regulatory silliness in China.

As for PM, it's a core position and I'm holding onto it.

Jan 21, 2015. 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    vinay:

Most is in either traditional or Roth IRAs. About 15% is in taxable accounts.

Thanks for the kind words.

Jan 21, 2015. 02:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment