Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Christine:

I know that one of the ingredients is Monterrey Jack because she made me go to the store and get it for her.

If you want, I can PM you the recipe, too. geekette already put in her request.

Mar 26, 2015. 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    geekette:

I will ask her for it and PM you.

Mar 26, 2015. 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    geekette:

I don't care what religion folks follow; I just don't want them to beat me over the head with their views. Same is true of any number of things, including the beef-is-evil folks.

I like beef. I eat it 2-3 times a week. I will continue to enjoy it in moderation for the rest of my life. If that bothers someone else, well, they can take it up with the Beef Police.

Mar 26, 2015. 11:02 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bear Claws My Dividend Growth Portfolio - Will I Cut And Run? [View article]
    When my Dad died in 1998, only a year after my Mom had passed, my brothers and I were surprised to see how many CDs and bonds he had. They had just been socking away as much money as they could in the safest investments possible.

It would be nice if there were a similar kind of option like that now.

Mar 26, 2015. 10:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Peace:

The only thing that matters is that you are content and comfortable. Don't worry about what anybody else thinks (except, of course, Mr. Peace!).

Mar 26, 2015. 10:53 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DVK:

<<Hell, I would probably switch some of our money into such CDs.>>

I absolutely would. Not a majority of cash, but definitely some.

Mar 26, 2015. 06:39 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kraft Foods, H.J. Heinz Merger To Drive Significant Potential Synergy And Dividend Growth Opportunities [View article]
    Boy oh boy ... I'm glad I have KRFT in my Roth!!!

Mar 26, 2015. 06:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Paul:

I know that I've liked what I've heard about Heinz management.

As for the 16.50 coming back ... I know you were kidding, but most of COST's $5 special divvy returned to the price within a month and MAIN's last special divvy was covered within 2 trading sessions.

You know as well as I do that buyers and sellers set the price.

Mar 26, 2015. 06:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Boom:

C'mon! It's a sin to withhold comments!

Mar 26, 2015. 06:19 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will You Do With Philip Morris At $77.50 Per Share? [View article]
    Dave:

Stop bogarting the Marlboro Gold, man!

Mar 26, 2015. 04:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    mjt:

Not 100% sure what you're referring to, but here is a link to Part 4 of my 2013 "Play Ball" series, in which I discussed my decision to really accentuate quality above all else in building my portfolio: http://seekingalpha.co...

There have been some changes to the portfolio since then, but not many.

If you go to my author/articles page (http://bit.ly/14RxmUG), you can see links to every article I've written for SA. And I also list all of my current positions right at the top of my Profile.

Cheers,
    Mar 26, 2015. 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Toasty:

Thanks for the chuckle. You're hired!

Mar 26, 2015. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Bill:

Maybe they're worried about the little ketchup packets hitting the landfills!

Mar 26, 2015. 04:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    mjt:

In an article he did a month ago, Chuck Carnevale said KMB's "blended PE" -- a FASTGraphs metric -- was still higher than its normal PE. But there are more overvalued companies in the sector to be sure. And KRFT is one of them.

Mar 26, 2015. 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    six:

You make a valid point. But I believe Kraft Heinz will be a company well worth owning and I guess I'm willing to roll the dice a little. I certainly understand why some might do exactly what you did.

However, I disagree that holding an overvalued stock is the same as initiating a position on an overvalued stock.

Mar 26, 2015. 04:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment