Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Confessions Of A Young DGI [View article]
    mike:

I run a sports blog. The only investment writing I do is right here on Seeking Alpha. Some folks refer to what all of us here do as "blogs."

No need to apologize. I said my piece, and you were classy to respond.

Jun 22, 2015. 12:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Differing Outlooks On The Market [View article]
    Chowdah:

<<Since AAPL has replaced T in the Dow 30, AAPL has lost 0.2% and T has gained 5.3%. So much for the concept of being added to an index and thinking it's going to go up as index funds purchase more shares of one and sell the other.>>

As a guy who holds a decent amount of T but no AAPL, I will admit that I was a tad worried when AAPL replaced T in the Dow. So yeah, this goes in the Pleasant Surprise Dept.!

Jun 22, 2015. 12:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Differing Outlooks On The Market [View article]
    Christine:

Baxter is some kind of mix. He's a big, lovable galoot!

Jun 21, 2015. 11:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Differing Outlooks On The Market [View article]
    Rose:

My thoughts about South32 is that I'm thinking about dumping it and using the cash to buy something I really want!

Jun 21, 2015. 11:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Differing Outlooks On The Market [View article]
    kolpin:

Richjoy is happy about that. MDT was his choice for the No. 1 stock in the world! (http://seekingalpha.co...)

Jun 21, 2015. 11:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8% Raise For The Dividend Growth 50 [View article]
    rhian & Aaron:

Exactly what rhian says: I didn't pick this portfolio. Baxter was chosen by 6 of the 10 panelists.

However ...

I do also own a decent-sized BAX stake in my personal portfolio. I bought it at a fairly attractive price, so I'm well in the black, but I will admit to being uncomfortable with management's lack of transparency about the divvy and other things.

Jun 21, 2015. 11:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8% Raise For The Dividend Growth 50 [View article]
    Uber:

I am happy I put the panel together, I am happy about the work the panel did, I am happy I funded this portfolio, I am happy to track it and write about it occasionally. I am even happy to include the total return statistics and let readers take whatever they want from that.

So, say what you want, and congratulate yourself for saying it if you want to do that, too. I am not going to get into a pissing match with you, so this is my last exchange with you. Life's too short, and I'm too busy enjoying mine.

Jun 21, 2015. 11:41 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8% Raise For The Dividend Growth 50 [View article]
    Yep, DVK ... and free is right in the neighborhood of my favorite price!!

Jun 21, 2015. 11:35 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8% Raise For The Dividend Growth 50 [View article]
    Maybe I'll write one day about the exact pension decision I have to make and see what everybody has to say about it!

Jun 21, 2015. 11:34 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8% Raise For The Dividend Growth 50 [View article]
    ts:

You are correct. However, do remember we are still talking about only a 6-month stretch during a 7-year bull market. No conclusions can be drawn by either "side" in this cage match!

Jun 21, 2015. 11:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8% Raise For The Dividend Growth 50 [View article]
    Dave:

Indeed, it does.

I have time to make a decision, and I have lots of math to do. And we all know math isn't my forte!

Jun 21, 2015. 11:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8% Raise For The Dividend Growth 50 [View article]
    moose:

WEC got down near 45 just the other day, so it certainly isn't a stretch to think it could get into the low-40s.

Jun 21, 2015. 11:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8% Raise For The Dividend Growth 50 [View article]
    moose:

Thanks for the nice words -- and the nice advice. I agree, and I do expect to own ED eventually for the exact reasons you state.

Jun 21, 2015. 11:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Do Buybacks Benefit Dividend Growth Investors? [View article]
    Dividends = good.

Buybacks = evil!

OK, that's not the case at all, but I will take the chance of a company paying me a high dividend with little or no buyback vs. the opposite case.

Keep the good articles coming, Robert!

Jun 20, 2015. 11:46 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Confessions Of A Young DGI [View article]
    <<does anyone really think a blend of companies like AT&T will outperform a blend of companies like Visa over the next 17 years?>>

I like to blend companies like AT&T ALONG WITH companies like Visa.

There's plenty of room in most any portfolio for both types of investments, and those in between such extremes, too.

Jun 20, 2015. 11:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment