Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Danger Zone For This Week: Apple [View article]
    milehr:

Apparently, Mr. Trainer himself will remember.

Love this article or hate it, you gotta admit that it takes some cojones to practically brag that less than a year ago he was advising folks to buy Apple north of $700.
    May 15 10:50 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Dividend Growth Investor's Dream? [View article]
    Willy:

I don't drink soda. I don't smoke, either.

Long KO, PM, MO. Guess I'm a dupe.

A dupe with great dividend streams and nice capital gains, but a dupe nonetheless.
    May 3 07:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Dividend Growth Investor's Dream? [View article]
    Thanks ascendent and Josh!
    May 2 07:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Dividend Growth Investor's Dream? [View article]
    davel:

I don't argue with a thing you say, although I don't use iPhone so I can neither agree nor disagree with your claim it is superior to Samsung products. My only argument relates to any characterization of Apple as a "dream" stock for DGI practitioners.
    May 1 04:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Dividend Growth Investor's Dream? [View article]
    ascendent:

Don't folks like phones that easily fit in a pocket? I know I do.
    May 1 02:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Dividend Growth Investor's Dream? [View article]
    Josh:

Which is why it is on my watch list.
    May 1 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Dividend Growth Investor's Dream? [View article]
    davel & Pts:

I'm not saying folks should buy KO at its current. I'm also not saying folks should avoid AAPL like the plague -- in fact, I said it was on my own watch list.

All I'm saying is that a tech company that depends on innovation for survival, that has lost more than 40% of its value in the blink of an eye and that just initiated its first real dividend 9 months ago can hardly be considered a Dividend Growth investor's "dream."
    May 1 12:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Dividend Growth Investor's Dream? [View article]
    When I think of a DGI "dream stock," I think of a company that I know will be around and successful 10, 20, 40 years from now.

For example, I am confident people will still be drinking Coke in 2033.

I am less confident that people will be using Apple products in 2033.

That being said, Apple certainly is a company to consider for a DGI portfolio. It is on my watch list. I almost bought when it slumped to 390 a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for the article.
    May 1 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Just Invested In Shareholders [View article]
    I have considered investing in Apple a few times but can never get myself to do it.

At least for now, I am content to be like a rubbernecking motorist slowing down to watch the many Apple incidents in the other lane!
    Apr 24 07:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple Such A Lousy Business? Mr. Market Wrongfully Thinks So [View article]
    Yes, but does any metric justify a $390 stock price, which is where AAPL is now?
    Apr 21 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Apple Buy Back Shares Or Increase Dividends? [View article]
    Thanks for the answer, RS.
    Apr 18 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Apple Buy Back Shares Or Increase Dividends? [View article]
    RS:

According to Morningstar, Yahoo and Seeking Alpha, Apple's payout ratio is 12%. It doesn't change what you are saying here; it's still ridiculously low. But I just wanted to get with you on this because I might write something about Apple soon and I'm going to be referencing 12%. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Apr 17 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Blaming the media -- a.k.a., shooting the messenger -- is always fun.

But when the once-hottest company on the planet experiences a freefall in share price, it is news.

It might not be news you like to hear. And, over time, it might feed on itself. But make no mistake, it is news, and the media would be negligent if it didn't follow the story.

As I write this, AAPL is down almost $25 for the day and is flirting with going sub-$400. So, yes, expect the media to talk about it again.
    Apr 17 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Too Cheap To Ignore? [View article]
    wies: Thanks for taking the time to answer. I'm intrigued by Apple at these levels, though not quite intrigued enough to pile in yet.
    Mar 10 04:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Too Cheap To Ignore? [View article]
    wies:

Did you also think we were very near the lows at 600 or 550? Please don't view this as any kind of slam. I'm just trying to figure things out.
    Mar 10 03:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment