Mike Nadel

View Mike Nadel's Comments BY TICKER:
    II:

"Never" is a long time.

I bought at 115 because I thought it unlikely that AAPL would get near 100 again. But it did, and stayed pretty close to 100 for a couple of days. I got a little greedy and put off my top-off. D'oh!

But all it will take is a market meltdown.

Sep 1, 2015. 01:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    liu:

Please sell me all of your AAPL at 92.

Let me know when we have a deal.

Thanks,
    Sep 1, 2015. 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    joni:

I'm not even going to go into the litany of silly decisions I have made. As Arnie says, we've all been there. The important thing is learning from our mistakes.

Aug 29, 2015. 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    samber:

I'm not sure what you are saying here. If you have a valid criticism, let's hear it. I'm a big boy.

Aug 21, 2015. 11:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Falls... And Lands In My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    I actually had a limit order of $105.58, because that was the price I needed AAPL to hit so I could get an extra share of it in my wife's 401k. It got within 6 or 7 cents and then moved up some at the very end of the day.

I'll either get another chance Monday, or will adjust the order down to try to get yet ANOTHER share, or I will pay up a little for one share less.

And then I might buy some in a completely different account, although I tend to tread very cautiously in big pullbacks like this.

Aug 21, 2015. 04:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ron:

Trying to pick out a top-off price. It's not easy! No matter when I hit the button, it will have been a great value, but of course I'm greedy and want the BEST value!

Aug 21, 2015. 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Woust:

Not enough, doggone it. I want to buy more!

Aug 18, 2015. 10:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Ron & Ted:

I like this discussion a lot, and I happen to agree with it.

One of my favorite forms of investing diversification is through different dividend yield/growth combinations. I have low-yielders with great growth, high-yielders with little growth and lots of positions in between those extremes.

I love AAPL's dividend potential, as well as the potential for the company.

Aug 17, 2015. 02:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    True. I rule!
    Aug 15, 2015. 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Falls... And Lands In My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Jeesh, Ron, that's almost double the size of my AAPL position!

Aug 15, 2015. 01:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Arnie:

Thanks, Arnie.

Also like Buffett, my preferred holding time is "forever."

Aug 15, 2015. 01:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    liu:

Nope, darn it, I didn't buy more at 110. That account is a little short on cash. It should have more Monday and I could buy some there if the price cooperates.

Aug 13, 2015. 08:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Falls... And Lands In My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    This yuan news doesn't make me any less bullish long-term about AAPL. If I had money available in that account, I would buy more at this even better price. I expect to have money available Monday and wouldn't mind seeing it go down more between now and then!

Aug 12, 2015. 09:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Ron:

If I had a little more cash available in the account that holds AAPL, I'd have bought a little more. I'll probably have some Monday, so we'll see what kind of "deal" I can get then on AAPL or something else!

Aug 11, 2015. 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Eric:

Oh, in my moment of triumph, you had to go all $20.03 on me!!

Seriously, congrats on getting a great company at a better-than-awesome price.

Aug 10, 2015. 08:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment