Mike Rest

View Mike Rest's Comments BY TICKER:

• 5 Stocks Under $5 Moving On News To Consider: 3 Trades, 2 Traps [View article]
    Well written article. You make good points fundamentally and technically. Even though I personally like AMD due to their hires of some key people, I can't argue that technically AMD is a disaster. If it were not for the people they recently hired, I would not be in the stock either. I think the people came here for something that we have not seen yet. I strongly believe that they need to outline exactly what their plans are for the future and execute them flawlessly. Investors hate uncertainty.
    Oct 8, 2012. 01:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices - The Next Catalysts Approach [View article]
    Nice article. I agree that the guidance is the key. I'd also like to hear a more specific plan about their future. Investors are really cautious about AMD. Given the last 2 quarter's performance, it's tough to blame them.
    Oct 1, 2012. 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD, The Sphinx [View article]
    Rav55, thanks for reading the article and posting. The 3 gaming consoles are a wild card. The Wii U should be out in November, and we will have to wait and see if that helps AMD's bottom line. While there has been talk of AMD's products being in the other 2 gaming consoles, nothing has been confirmed yet. We'll have to wait and see.
    Oct 1, 2012. 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD, The Sphinx [View article]
    Thank you for reading the article and posting a response. October 18th will be very telling. More important than this quarter's results will be their future plans for growth. What market? They really need to lay out their plan or investors will get very discouraged.
    Sep 29, 2012. 12:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD, The Sphinx [View article]
    Sanisan, thank you for reading the article and posting your comments. That is an interesting observation that you have made. AMD does have a huge task at hand. Hopefully, their new talent will enable them to catch up to the bigger players. Better yet, it would be great to see them create something that no one has. I don't know how you feel, but AMD must be really tired of getting the scraps while Intel gets the lion's share.
    Sep 28, 2012. 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD, The Sphinx [View article]
    Thank you to the editor for making the corrections.
    Sep 28, 2012. 09:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD, The Sphinx [View article]
    Thank you for taking the time to read the article and for posting a reply. I appreciate the comments you made. These next few months should tell us a lot about their future.
    Sep 28, 2012. 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD, The Sphinx [View article]
    Thank you for taking the time to read the article and posting a response. 2013 should be an interesting year. Hopefully, we'll have a more definitive answer on the direction that they are going to take.
    Sep 28, 2012. 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD, The Sphinx [View article]
    Julius, thank you for reading the article and posting. That mistake is embarrassing. I have reported it to the editor. Please excuse the mistake as this was my first article for Seeking Alpha.
    Sep 28, 2012. 12:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Selling Options Is The Best Strategy In Today's Market [View article]
    Great article on sellling options. It is a fact that professionals are the ones more likely to sell options. You have time decay on your side when you are a seller.
    Sep 28, 2012. 12:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD, The Sphinx [View article]
    Thank you for taking the time to read the article and respond. You are correct. I only mentioned SeMicro once and wasn't very thorough. AMD did complete their acquisition of SeaMicro. They are just starting to see some benefits from this acquisition. I think it is still too early yet to make a definitive statement though. Rory Read said he wanted to take AMD in a new direction. He stated that Intel would not be a direct competitor any more. At first, it sounds like he is throwing in the towel against Intel. It also could be that he intends to re-invent the company with more focus on servers, the cloud and mobile. Only time will tell.
    Sep 27, 2012. 09:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD, The Sphinx [View article]
    Gtheo, thank you for reading the article and responding. I honestly can not give you an answer on what I think their earnings would be. We are stuck with the eps figure that AMD gave us as a guide. I feel it would be extremely irresponsible of me to give any figure. AMD did set the bar fairly low at the last conference call, but with Intel warning it is a toss up. If they meet on revenue and eps, guidance will be very important. I just don't know. That is why I called them the Sphinx.
    Sep 27, 2012. 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD, The Sphinx [View article]
    Thank you for taking the time to read my article and for posting a message. There are so many "ifs" right now with this company. I think investors would respond better if they knew what direction the company was going in. Right now, they are everywhere but nowhere. Will it be mobile? Will it be cloud based? I hope that Rory Read reiterates where he is taking AMD. I know things take time, but a lot of AMD investors are getting nervous.
    Sep 27, 2012. 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD, The Sphinx [View article]
    Please note a correction to the article. The days to cover the shorts is 3.889 or 4. In the article it states 7. My apologies. It was an error on my part. Thank you to the person the emailed me about the mistake.
    Sep 27, 2012. 09:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment