Mike Stallings

View Mike Stallings' Comments BY TICKER:
  • The 'Retire Young' Portfolio: Which Gun Company To Add? [View article]
    Smit- I am already in on the Dec 13 $11 calls.. whether or not a sell some or all of my position (take off my cost basis and free roll with the remainder of them) will probably depend on the earnings in June
    May 15 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'Retire Young' Portfolio: Which Gun Company To Add? [View article]
    Smit- I don't want to jump the author here, but my plan (as I do a lot with options) is hope the earnings are good (maybe even better) than expected. If I have the ability to sell after earnings say 1/2 the calls and have a "free ride" till December I probably will take that route.. Or another possibility will be to sell 75-80% of them and possibly exercise some come December as well
    May 14 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'Retire Young' Portfolio: Which Gun Company To Add? [View article]
    Jacob

Nice article and for many of the reasons you mentioned, I bought options Dec $11 calls for pennies a month ago, and I believe once the earnings come out in June, you will see the stock bounce a minimum of 10%. It IS undervalued, buy low sell high!
    May 14 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warning: Stocks Likely To Crater From Here [View article]
    Trick- Recessions and pullbacks have been happening since the stock market has existed.. that is the basis for expecting the pullback.. It is not a question of IF but when... It is a natural thing
    Mar 1 12:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warning: Stocks Likely To Crater From Here [View article]
    Jim- I have a feeling the plunger (FED pumping 85 B a month) may not continue to do the job, hence a pending pullback hopefully not too too drastic
    Feb 28 07:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Warning: Stocks Likely To Crater From Here [View article]
    Bob- Don;t want to comment on Chris' article too much here but numbers and history are like the grim reaper.. although the market is an auction and positive buyers can keep it gaining, eventually the technicals (good and bad) will catch up and overwhelm any human sediment..

Feb 28 03:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warning: Stocks Likely To Crater From Here [View article]
    I have written a few articles on a pullback as well, what seems to be the new thing is that stocks are purchased ASSUMING good news before we actually hear it...hence the prices are inflated..this is just one of many problems which will lead to a pullback

We will see a correction based on many of the factors mentioned, probably in the 7-10% off the 1525 basis point. I think the question isn't if anymore, just a matter of when
    Feb 28 03:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pullback Begins For The Market [View article]
    Muoio- I sure hope not, looks like the buying (puts) opportunity is still there at current levels, hopefully only pulls back like 10% at the most
    Feb 27 07:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Adrian- Thanks for commenting 2 weeks after I wrote this.

What exactly are you saying? I stated the fact that Samsung held the lead in market share and my reply was "so what?" So what are you upset about, I was pro Apple and the chart was showing that Apple still increased their units sold YOY..
    Feb 26 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pullback Begins For The Market [View article]
    Freedoms- although Obama is not on my Xmas card list, he is not the only one to blame. Our so called leaders play cat and mouse back and forth. They fail as a whole to realize they are not democrats or republicans first but Americans. Should they continue to act like children, our children and grandchildren will feel the effects for years to come.

Also the .8% slowing was nothing more than an estimate some experts are predicting. Although I disagree that there will be no slowdown, I believe it will be less than that
    Feb 26 11:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pullback Begins For The Market [View article]
    Brown- thanks for the compliments
    Feb 26 06:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pullback Begins For The Market [View article]
    John- well put, sounds like you have a better grasp of Europe than many do..
    Feb 26 05:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pullback Begins For The Market [View article]
    Ndras- true it is VERY difficult to time such a thing, have never nailed it the same day, and usually there are still ups and downs even during a pullback
    Feb 25 09:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pullback Begins For The Market [View article]
    Mike- Good deal, I was saying more so the CNBC's of the world but glad you share the same outlook (although negative) as I do
    Feb 25 09:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pullback Begins For The Market [View article]
    GH- Seems that all I have heard for the last week, the market will climb, we will see 1600.. tomorrow will be, "how much will we rebound".. I hope it does but I do not see it
    Feb 25 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment